Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

traffic

"What happened to your face?" my mother asked, pressing her fingers into my eye. "Are you okay? Did you get mugged?!"

"No. It's nothing. It's fine." I kept my hands on the steering wheel, staring ahead. We were stuck in traffic, of course. My father was asleep in the back seat, and my mother was leaning forward, picking at my face. I hoped these two weeks would fly by. "Mom, please. I'm driving."

"Who did this to you?!"

"No one. It's not a big deal." My mother narrowed her eyes at me. "Mom, seriously. It's fine."

"Minho would have told his mom." I stayed silent, merging into the lane for the freeway. Minho told his mother everything. Taking the long way home will be slightly tortuous with my mother but at least it beats moving an inch every few minutes. "Are you sure everything's okay?"

"Yes." She narrows her eyes at me, trying to press her cold water bottle in my eye. "It doesn't hurt or anything, Mom. I'm okay." I give her the water bottle back, smiling a little. "How was your flight?"

"Don't change the subject. What happened to you?"

"I'm fine." She settled back into her seat and narrowing her eyes at me.

"I'll get to the bottom of it, one way or another Kibum. Just wait and see."

"You have fun with that."