Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

sunshine

There were some good moments, though, despite all the drama and tension.

Like the day we repainted her living room - she wanted to go orange. She swatted me with a paintbrush, giggling. And I painted her nose, and then we were flicking paint everywhere and laughing. And then she kissed me and we fell onto the couch and she told me she was so happy to have met me.

Or the day we took a train to Montauk and there was a woman on the train who kept staring at us - it was a three hour trip and the train really wasn't that packed. I didn't pay it any mind because I didn't care, but Azalea wasn't having it. And in the town, people kept looking at us. I still didn't care. I wanted to spend the night, but it was a Sunday and we both had work early in the morning. On the way back, there was another woman staring at us, and I guess Azalea had just about had it with everyone. She threw her leg over mine and started playing with my hair and laughing and being generally more affectionate than she would have been otherwise. The woman was mortified and I thought it was really funny just because it was so ridiculous.

And who could forget the time we went to the zoo and she snuck in food to feed the animals for all the exhibits that explicitly said, don't feed the animals? Or when we went shopping at IKEA and almost broke a set of cabinets?