Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

irony

So my building has some washing machines and dryers in the basement, and I decide that after work, I'll go see if I can get some loads done. Jonghyun takes Azalea out for the day - he's so awkward around her because she's really sassy and funny and he's not used to that, I guess, and their relationship is funny in its' own odd way - and I can rest easy for the first time all week. Because Jonghyun actually does work out every other day and knows how to fight and in the event they run into Phillip, which I doubt but it's still possible, at least he can do something, which is definitely more than what I can get done.

They go shopping and she spends the whole day sending me pictures of all their ridiculous outfits - I guess Jonghyun was trying to indulge her or something - and they make me smile because she's okay, for once, sort of. Work is pretty great too - Jinki and I only give two or three tours all day and Pedro is out sick, meaning that he's not being annoying and micromanaging everything. It's amazing.

I go to my apartment, change into a t-shirt and sweats - the basement's really cold despite all the dryers - before grabbing the bag of clothes near the door and my detergent and dryer sheets. I'm not expecting to run into anyone downstairs - I think I'm the only one who doesn't get his laundry done by someone else in this whole building - so when I see, of all people, Phillip, leaning against one of the vending machines as he reads a magazine, I'm a little freaked out.

"Key," he says, smiling as he shuts his magazine. I ignore him, trying to sort through my clothes. And Azalea stays over - she spends a lot of nights here - but it still surprises me when I find little things of hers in mine - bras and panties and shirts and even a sweater. "Or should I call you Kibum?" I shoot him a look. "I mean, that's what Azalea calls you, anyway."

"Go away, Phillip."

He tuts, shaking his head as he shoves his hands in his pockets, walking over to me.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Kibum."

"And why not?"

"'Cause you're with my girl."

"She's not anything of yours anymore, Phillip. I thought she made that remarkably clear. Whatever she does isn't any of your business anymore." I load some quarters into the two machines before shutting their lids.

"Except it is when you're messing around with her."

"Except it isn't when you're still hurting her." And then he shrugged as if it really was no big deal at all and I almost hit him with the gallon of detergent. Instead, I poured some into the cup and then poured it into the machines. "What are you even doing here, anyway?"

"Is that any way to talk to your ol' pal, huh?"

"Shut up, Phillip."

"Weren't sayin' that before, were you? There are two sides to every story, Key. You know that."

"You don't get a side because you're a lowlife creep, Phillip. Go away."

I walked over to the vending machine, waiting for him to leave. He didn't.

"You know, out of all the girls in the world, why Azalea? Couldn't you just keep your hands to yourself? She has friends, you know. I could have introduced you to - "

"Shut up, Phillip," I say quietly, shaking my head. "Just leave."

"No, no, I think I deserve to know. I mean you owe me that much, don't you? You take my girl from me and then just pretend I don't exist and then think I'm gonna be okay with that? You're a special kinda guy, aren't ya?"

"Not as special as you, though, huh? Just beating on defenseless women everywhere. Wow. Your family must be so damn proud of you." He shrugged, lighting a cigarette.

"Did she have a nice time at the surprise party?" I tilt my head to the side, frowning.

"What party?" How would he even know? Phillip tuts at me, shaking his head.

"Don't lie to me, Key. You know how I feel about liars." He shrugs again. "I think she did, though. Or it seemed like it, anyway."

I laugh, unamused.

"Ironic since you're probably the best one I know."

"It's a shame that happened to her apartment. It really wasn't supposed to get so out of hand."

"So it was you."

"Who else would it be?" Phillip frowns, flicking his cigarette. "It could have been a lot worse. At least I didn't do anything to that stupid cat. You were a lot smarter, Key. What happened to you?"

"Can you just go?"

"If I don't?"

"I'll call the police."

And then he laughed like it was the funniest thing he'd heard in his entire life.

"Ooh, I'm so scared. And say what?" He shrugged. "There's nothing they can arrest me for. If anything, they'll probably get a little bothered with you for wasting their time when they have actual crimes to pursue." He flicked his cigarette at me. "I guess I should go, if I really am bothering you. Wouldn't wanna be a nuisance." And then he shrugged, pushing his hands into his pockets. "So many accidents nowadays, just 'cause people forget to tighten bolts, brake lines get cut, someone runs a red light - it'd be a real shame if something like that happened to her. Don't you think?"

"Phillip - "

"I'll see you later, Key. It was so nice seeing you again. And say hi to her for me, if you don't mind. It's been a while."