Status: entry for mibba's first annual big bang.

Azalea

"accident"*

It happened on a Monday.

It had been snowing, snowing, snowing. And she came over on Sunday and spent the night - we watched some movies, ate some soup (it had gotten pretty cold) and went to bed. I didn't have work, but she did, so she woke up early and we ate a sleepy breakfast with the news playing quietly in the background. It was such a normal, mundane sort of day. I'd try to get some things done around the house. Azalea was coming over again, but that would be later in the evening, after she had dinner with Taemin. (They went out together every few weeks because she was his best friend and he really did love her in an older sister kind of way.)

I should have driven her to work. Jonghyun was nice enough to help me clean off her car at least, but it didn't occur to either one of us to actually take her. And why should it have? She went to work alone all the time and was fine. Why would that day be any different?

Jonghyun went to class a few minutes afterwards. After watching TV for a while, I got up and started to clean and get some things done. I fixed the cabinet that liked to get stuck in the bathroom. I even got some laundry done. Everything was fine, and then Taemin called me while I was watching a film with my lunch.

"There's been an accident. I'm at the hospital with Zay, and - you just, you need to come down here, okay?"

That's it.

That's all he says, because he starts crying and I don't understand him anymore. So I call Jinki to ask him if he's talked to Jenny at all - what does he mean by accident? - but it turns out he's already on his way to the hospital. So we meet up and all head down. And Jenny's crying and even Jinki's a little red himself, but I don't get it. I don't get any of it.

And then, when we're going to her room - and no one's telling us anything - nurses and doctors and all sort of people are pushing a gurney down the hallway and it's her and she's so bloody and frail and I can't breathe anymore and I don't know what's going on and I'm trying to follow but someone's pulling me away and I don't understand anything anymore.