Status: Alive and kicking.

Without Warning

You came without warning.

"The next morning it was like John knew. He knew something was up with Everly even if she acted all cheerful since they met up at the bus. John watched from his seat at the table as she giggled with a newly shaven Garrett. (Which he knew she was responsible for) The pair was watching something on the guy's ipad and the only sound heard from the two was laughter for the last two minutes.

John rolled his eyes, focusing back on his laptop as he tried not to pay too much attention to the pair. He knew he had to talk to her. The guilt from the night before was eating away at him and he had to justify his actons. Especially to her...

"Do not watch the next one without me!" Garrett shouted as he ran to the bathroom. John looked over, catching her eye and she diverted her attention away causing him to sigh.

"Can we talk?"

"Sure, about what?" She asked, flipping through a magazine as she waited on Garrett.

"Last night."

"What about it?" She asked coolly, acting dumb although she was far from it and he knew it.

"Don't be like that. You know what I'm talking about."

Her eyes finally moved back to him and his serious manner made her close the magazine. She linked her hands, placing them onto her knee.

John ran his fingers through his hair as he sighed once more, "Evie, I'm sorry if I hurt you. Just so you know, nothing happened. I drink...a lot. I flirt. I'm sorry. I didn't realize it until Kennedy came over and yelled at me and I realized you were gone and I then felt like shit."

"It's not a big deal."

John rolled his eyes, "Yes it is. To you it is. It would have been a big deal to me if that would have been you because no, I'm not your boyfriend, but we, I don't know, have something and I don't want to ruin it because I am a drunk."

Everly bit her bottom lip, telling herself to not give in and believe him. That this was all part of his game...it was just so hard...

"For future reference, I'm not drinking around strangers anymore." He added with a weak grin and she rolled her eyes.

"Everly, I know you are probably thinking that I'm becoming every fucking horrible thing the guys have said I am, and I can't blame you for thinking that, but I mean what I'm saying to you." He stated, her eyes never leaving his as his words repeated in her head.

Before she could speak Garrett came flying back to where he sat and immediately began watching you tube videos again. Everly watched John relax in his seat and go back to his computer. Did she believe him or not?

Once Garrett got called to the back for some x-box game Everly found herself watching John who typed away on the keyboard. She sighed hating how he left her so unsure and yet she moved over to him, sliding into the booth, wrapping her arms around him from the side and kissing his cheek. Either way, she had a role to play right?

John slid his arm around her waist, pulling her into his lap.

"Are we ok?" He asked, brushing back her hair and she nodded.

"Ok." He whispered, pressing his lips to her head. She sighed, relaxing her head against his shoulder as he rubbed her side. The pair stayed like that for several minutes before John finally found his voice.

"When we get to..."

Everly chuckled, "Dallas?"

"Yes. Dallas. You should let me take you on a real date."

"A real date? Have we been on a fake one?"

John rolled his eyes, "Smart ass. Fine. Let me take you on a date."

She giggled as her eyes met his, "Fine, John."

"Fine? Wow. Sounds like you really want to go." He teased and she smiled, "There is nothing I want more than to go on a date with you, John O'Callaghan."

"Now that just sounds sarcastic..."

Everly laughed, "No matter what I say there will be something wrong with it!"

John chuckled, "Fine, we will just end it here. Were going on a date. The end. Nothing else needs to be added."

"Good."

"Good. I'm going to find Gar."

John rolled his eyes, "Of course."

"I can't help he's less boring then you!" She teased with a grin.

John laughed, "Oh! Is that so?!"

"Yep!" She replied, kissing him quickly before sprinting off down to the back of the bus.

John chuckled before relaxing in his seat. He didn't know why he wanted to try with her, but he did. He didn't feel used for his connections or stupid when he talked. She made him feel...good. There really was no other way to put it.

"How dare you ditch me for this loser!" Everly said to Garrett as she ruffled Pat's hair who swatted at her hand.

"I'm not a loser!"

"No, you're right. You aren't." She stated falling onto the couch beside him and his eyes met hers.

"Are we ok?" She finally asked and he sighed brushing back his hair, "Yeah, Garrett talked to me. You should have told me, Ev."

"I didn't want to involve you."

"You know, this really isn't necessary. I know Kennedy is crazy and what not, but it's not."

She shrugged, "Too late now."

"I just think you're going to regret this."

She bit her bottom lip before speaking, "I don't think so..."

He grinned, "Mhm, we will see I assume."

She rolled her eyes and he patted her head as he leaned back into his seat.

She really hoped she didn't regret it, but she already was feeling unsure about that.

The drive to Dallas wasn't that long and they arrived around 2 in the afternoon. Everly quickly exited the bus, sliding on her sunglasses as she stepped into the bright light.

"You are actually going on a date with him?" She heard and a groan left her lips as she spun around to face Garrett.

"He told you that?"

"Well, no. I heard you."

"So you were being nosey?"

"No, no. I was just in the bunk area and over heard..."

She rolled her eyes and a chuckle left his lips, "Either way, Ev, I don't know if this is a good idea."

"Too late, Gar bear. Too late." Everly stated patting his shoulder as they walked into the venue.

"Man this place is the coolest. A bar and a venue. My favorite." Jared stated and Everly laughed, "You sound like a drunk."

"Do I look like John Oh?" He teased, giving her a wink before he headed to the bar were a few people were actually hanging out despite the time of the day.

Everly sighed watching the others follow Garrett and before she could do so herself, an arm wrapped around her waist keeping her in place.

"It's too pretty outside to stay in here. What do you say we go explore?" John whispered causing her to shiver.

"Ok." She immediately responded and he grabbed her hand, walking her back outside.

"Where to?" She asked and he shrugged, his infamous crooked grin hitting his lips, "Wherever our feet take us."

She didn't bother to respond, just allowed her fingers to link with his and she fell into a comfortable walk with the boy she swore she was just pretending to like.

"Hungry?" He asked and she looked up at him, "Oh, yeah. Sure."

He nodded before pulling her into his side as they waited to cross the street. It was odd to her really. There were many sides to John. The John he was drunk, the John he was with the boys and her favorite, the John he was when it was just the two of them. The problem was, which one was the true John? She really hoped it was the one she was experiencing at the moment. He was always her favorite.

The pair found a cute restaurant that had outdoor seating not to far from the venue. Deciding on that option, once seated at a table covered by a mutli-colored umbrella, Everly slid her shades into her hair. John's eyes never left hers although he was certain she didn't know thanks to the dark tent of his raybans.

"Is this our date?" She asked with a smile and John chuckled, "I guess it could be a start..."

She chuckled, looking down at her menu all the while John just watched her. He wasn't sure what it was about her that mesmerized him, but either way he couldn't look away.

"Can I get your order?"

John looked over to see a waitress standing next to the table focusing on the note pad in her hand.

"Oh uh..." He mumbled a bit embarrassed that he hadn't even opened the menu yet although Everly didn't seem to notice.

"Did you order?" He asked Everly and she giggled, "Yeah..."

"Oh..."

"Look, he'll have the cheeseburger, leave off the pickles and a Pepsi to drink." Everly said with a smile as she grabbed the menu from him and handed it to the waiting girl.

Once the girl walked away Everly looked at John who was already staring at her.

"What?" She asked and he managed to gather himself, "How did you know that?"

"John, I think you sometimes forget that I've known you for years and believe it or not sometimes I do pay attention."

"Well yeah, but, ok..."

She chuckled, "Did I make you nervous?"

John scoffed, "Hardly."

"I guess mysterious John Oh isn't as mysterious as assumed, huh?" She said with a smirk and he let out a laugh, "Well neither are you, dear."

"How so?"

"Believe it or not sometimes I do pay attention."

"Mocking me?"

A smirk hit John's lips, "Not at all darling."

"Can you take those sunglasses off? I hate talking to people with sunglasses on."

"Weirdo." He joked, sitting them on the table.

"No it's not."

He grinned and before he could respond with something witty the waitress appeared with their food.

"It's not so bad hanging out with me in public huh?" John teased once the girl was gone.

Everly laughed, "Nah, I mean, the free food kind of won me over, but you know..."

"Who said I was paying?" He joked with a raised eyebrow and his signature grin.

"Even you aren't a cheap date, O'Callaghan."

John chuckled, "You're right."

She smiled before looking down at her plate and John couldn't help but watch her. The way she held her self and how it was hard to even phase her made him like her even more. She was something else that was for sure.

"Evie..."

Everly's eyes met his once more and he fiddled with the fork in his hand.

"So say this goes well...I mean, I think it is so..." He said slowly and she chuckled, "We hang out all the time, so yeah, it is."

John nodded, "Right, well, so you're saying you'd go on another date with me? Maybe somewhere a bit more exciting..."

Everly smiled, "Yeah, I would."

"Good." He whispered with a nod as he focused on his food. It was moments like this that made Everly question everything again.

It was a constant battle between who she thought he was, who he really was, and who she wanted him to be. How was she suppose to decide what was real though? One thing was for certain, she was going to continue with the plan whether feelings were getting stirred up that she was unsure of or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
...Maybe John's just misunderstood?

Thanks for commenting;
Khairena
Lullabies on Sunday
Everdeen
Frankieraepain (I guess we will see!!)
Lovelyhope(Well yeah, but what fun would that be?!)
Sammy_Wessen
WhoAreYouJudy
WanderlustDreamer
:)