Status: Finished

Today

Today I feel surrounded

Today I feel surrounded

The news that was given to me was not all that great. I was only predicted to have a week left to live. I gave the doctor my last wish if i was to die at the end of this week.

"I want to spend with my cousin and her friends at Ouran High School Academy. Haruhi Fujioka, is my cousin." I told him and he nodded, saying he would make sure my last wish was made.

Today I am connected

I was given medicine to help keep the pain at bay while I spent my week with my cousin and her friends. I sat in a car that was to take me to the school where I would be lead to the room she was usually in after school.

My eyes kept themselves on my hands that were folded together. I knew by the end of the week, I would have to tell her yet another person she loves is leaving her in this world. I felt guilty for the pain it would surely come to her when she finds out.

Today I am a part of something more

I stepped out of the car and a kind student lead me to the room. I stared up at the sign 'Music Room 3' before thanking the student who left afterwards. I grasped the door handle and pushed it open.

My eyes lifted from the floor as the door shut behind me. They caught those soft, warm brown eyes that belonged to my cousin. I smiled at her softly and she ran over with tears falling.

As if every cell were singing

"They let you out of the hospital? Does this mean you're getting better!" She cried out hugging me tightly. I stayed quiet as I smiled sadly, my own tears slipping down my cheeks.

"They told me I was going to be let out for only a week. So, I asked if I could spend it with you."I told her glancing over at Kyoya who I knew, knows of what was really going on. He nodded in response to my silent question. 'Thank you' I mouthed to him.

Still, I can't embrace it

For the week, I would stay at each of the host's houses, though for the twins and mori and honey, I stayed in one house. The twins lived together, and Mori was fine with me staying at Honey's house because he spent most of his time there anyways.

Haruhi was the last person I spent time with, but I enjoyed all the other host's houses. Each day was spent doing something fun and extraordinary. All of the hosts were there and I spent a lot of time with Haruhi. Silently preparing myself for the goodbyes at the end of the week.

Every silver lining has a cloud

I got to see Ranka a few times, as he liked to spy on Haruhi when she hanged out with the hosts. He didn't really like Tamaki from what I could see but liked the other hosts. I thought it was kinda funny how he treated Tamaki.

They were so similar in personality that if their looks weren't so different, I would of thought Tamaki was Ranka's son. I had expressed this to Haruhi who then realized it as well. We had a good laugh afterwards about it.

But not so far
I keep waiting for the shoe to drop
Waiting for the axe to fall
And it will happen
This I know
Just not so far


I was seated in a limo between the twins who were before Haruhi in the week, when I realized Haruhi would be fine. She had all these wonderfull people surrounding her that she would eventually heal from my death.

Watching her now, made me realize this. She had already gotten better with her mother's death and I knew it was because she met the hosts. I gave her a gentle smile when she looked over at me to make sure I was fine between the twins.

Today I feel like dancing

We were heading for a fair that was in town for a few days. I grasped Haruhi's hand and pulled her to the ferris wheel that was there. We got into a car by ourselves and I knew it was time to tell her.

"Haruhi, can I tell you something?"I asked her staring at the ground and my feet. My teeth caught my lower lip in a tight grip as I mulled over how to tell her.

I never feel like dancing

"Haruhi, have i ever told you, how wonderfull of a cousin you are?I know this should be said often but I've never really had much of a chance to say it due to being in the hospital. I love you Haruhi. I love you so much." I told her before telling her of all the good and bad things we went through during our childhood we had together.

I could tell she was beginning to get suspicious as to why I was going over all of these memories that we have shared in our lives. I grasped her hands into mine as I prepared myself for all the emotions that were to come.

It's like even the weather suits my mood

"Haruhi, what I'm trying to tell you is, that I'm dying. This disease is killing me and I was told I only had a week left, monday. Tomorrow is my last day the doctors say. Though, I wish it to be a happy day, because I get to spend it with you and you're wonderfull friends."I told her and I could feel her hands shake as she processed this shocking news.

"H-h-how did this happen?"She cried out as tears began rushing down her cheeks. I explained to her what the disease was doing to my body and comforted her as she sobbed. The worker running the ferris wheel just let us stay on realizing we were having a private moment.

My entire soul is ringing

When she stopped crying, we had ridden the ferris wheel for over an hour and a half. I helped her up and walk off the ferris wheel. I thanked the worker kindly and promised to send in a good word about the fair. I took her to a bench and sat her down.

Her phone rang and I pulled it out of her pocket as she was still in too much shock to do much. I answered it and told the hosts where we were. I sighed as I realized i would have to tell most of the others has well, besides Kyoya who knew of this already due to the hospital i was in is runned by his father's company.

Still, I can't accept it

The hosts appeared in the distance and I stood waving them over. I could see Tamaki's panicked look when he spotted Haruhi's immobile form on the bench. He begun to rush over causing the others to do so as well. He grabbed her and pulled her into his chest immediatly comforting her.

I helplessly looked on before lifting my eyes to Kyoya's and nodded. I sat down beside the two as well while Kyoya began to explain what was happening. I smiled sadly as Honey rested his head on my lap and cried. I ran my fingers through his hair, quietly comforting him.

I keep looking for the thing to bring me down

The twins wrapped their arms around my shoulders while Mori rested a hand on my head, gently petting it. I could feel the tears that were running down my face but ignored them.

"Can my last day be a happy one?"I asked them quietly after a few moments of silence. The immediate response was a loud yes from most of them. I raised my eyes to Haruhi's which were overflowing with guilt and sadness.

But not so far
I keep waiting for the shoe to drop
Waiting for the axe to fall
And it will happen
This I know
Just not so far


My last day. I was taken to the ocean for the first and last time. I would never see it again in this world or life. My face was holding a smile the whole time. My last day was a happy one indeed.

By night fall, I was in a bed at the residential house Kyoya's family had here. Haruhi layed next to me, grasping my left hand tightly in both of hers. I could feel the end drawing nearer.

I keep waiting for the shoe to drop
Waiting for the ace to fall
And it will happen
This I know
Just not so far


"Haruhi, in my will that will be read after the funeral. I have stated that I wish for you to become the heir to my family's business. You're friends will recive a few things that I've held dear to me since I was young as a gift for spending my last week with me and making it a happy one."I told her. She gasped before she began to break down once again.

"Do not cry, Haruhi. I shall be here with you every step of the way, though you may not see me. I will be in heaven beside your mother watching over you."I continued brushing my hand against her cheek.

Though I can't explain my reasons to you

The hosts had come in by the end of my little speech and were somewhere on the bed, surrounding me. I gave a soft smile as I looked up at the white ceiling. I gave one of the last breaths i would take, as i felt the end near.

"I will not live much longer now." I whispered before drawing up a weak hand to my neck and unclasping the necklace that layed there. I held it out to Haruhi, who gasped in disbelief.

"Thank you for giving me one of the best weeks of my short life. I'll never forget you guys."I told the hosts and I could hear the soft sobs from them. I smiled gently and kissed Haruhi's hand.

"Haruhi, I love you...."I said before drawing my last breathe and fading away from this life. From my spirit form, I watched as Haruhi hunched over and cried out in despair. I gave her one last hug and whispered 'goodbye' in her ear. I began my journey to heaven to rest with those who've passed on before me.

I think we are the same
♠ ♠ ♠
Song used is 'Today' by Halou.