Status: coming soon!!!

But I’ll Still Sing for You

novem.

The next week flew by, I was released but piper wasn’t. I still hadn’t seen Josh, or any of his friends. Laura had visited a couple times and Oli started to stay the night. He was beginning to warm up to Piper, which was nice. It would make things easier.

“Are you ready?” Oliver asked from the door frame of my hospital room. I nodded slowly. I was standing over my freshly made bed, making sure I had everything. Laura had brought over the bag I’d packed for the hospital visit. “I thought you could sit with Piper while I signed you out.”

“Okay,” I mumbled softly. I reached for his hand as I passed through the door but he maneuvered away from me.

“You know the way.” He murmured under his breath, and walked the opposite way from where I was going. Sighing, I headed towards Piper’s room.

She was sleeping when I arrived, her small chest was slowly rising and falling. “Good morning, Anna.” The nurse turned and smiled at me.

“Good morning Ms. Vienna, how are you feeling?” I shrugged softly and pulled a chair over to Pipers incubator.

“More importantly, how is Piper feeling?” Anna sighed and pulled out Pipers chart from the end of her incubator. “Not good?” I murmurred.

“Have faith, Alexia. God gave this little girl life, he’s not going to just steal it back before it’s time.” I nodded slowly. Her words were supposed to be comforting but they just made me feel worse. If god was the only thing keeping Piper alive, that means the doctors can’t do much for her. “I’lm going to leave you with her for just a moment, but I’ll be right back!” I nodded slowly and looked back to Piper.

“I wish I could hold you.” I whispered at the glass. I pushed my hands through the holes and rubbed my finger against her small hand. “I wish your daddy would come see you.” I admitted to her. “I wish a lot of things, Piper.” I felt myself begin to cry. “I’m supposed to be strong, and not cry in front of you. God, I’m already starting to be a bad mom.” I felt her small fingers wrap around mine, as much as they could. “You’re such a beautiful baby girl, I’m so proud of you for fighting as long as you have.” I whispered to her.

“I’m sorry.” I flinched at the sudden voice. “I should have come earlier.” I didn’t look up towards him, I didn’t look away from Piper’s little hand trying it’s best to grip mine. “Did you name her Piper?” Josh whispered, walking up to me. He placed his hand lightly on my arm. “Please talk to me.” Josh pleaded. I had missed him so badly.

“I can’t.” I sniffled quietly. “I really can’t.”

“Yes you can,” He argued playfully.

“Stop manipulating me.” I muttered sitting up straighter. “Why are you here?” I asked him harshly.

“To see my daughter.” He said as he boldly pulled up a chair across from me. He stuck his hand into the other side of the incubator and sighed. I looked up to his face, for the first time that afternoon. He looked different than he had a week and a half ago. He had darker circles around his eyes, and he’d grown out his facial hair more than usual. “I’m a wreck, Alexia.” I ignored him. “I need you.”

“I’m not yours to need. Just because you think you love me more doesn’t mean you can just rip me from the life I have. I really l…” I paused for a second. “I really love Oliver.” Josh shook his head and looked down at Piper.

“Oli is my best mate and he loves you a lot, but you don’t love him. Not like you loved me. I know you remember, Alex.” I looked up at him quickly. “Please give me a chance.”

“Stop it.” His hand left Piper’s and moved over her body to lightly touch mine. “Please stop.”

“What’s going on in here?” I looked up at Oliver, suddenly very thankful for his presence. “Josh, mate I think you should go.” Josh’s mouth thinned out into a line as he pulled his hand from the incubator.

“You don’t get to have her, Oliver. You’re my mate, but I love her more than you and I’m going to prove it. Alex, I’m going to win your heart. Just like I did before.” Josh stated boldly as he left the room. “Mark my words. Alexia, I love you and I’m going to make you love me again.”
♠ ♠ ♠
frick