Status: Updating about three times a day (seriously)

Outlines

Chapter Twenty Two- This Is A Sure Thing

ZACK'S POV

After dinner with my parents, I lock myself in my room. All throughout dinner I couldn't stop thinking about Brendon, then Jack, then back to Brendon.

Dick Lips by Blink is playing in my room and I wish I could just stop thinking about Brendon.

He's so... amazing and fucking sexy and damn, those lips... But he fucking scared me today. When I was little, my mom would tell me that if I ever got a bad feeling about someone, I should stay away.

"Listen to yourself when it comes to that stuff, Zachary. You should trust yourself." She would tell me.

"Okay. Can I watch Jurassic Park now, mommy?" I'd ask. She'd sigh and smile and say yes, of course.

But I guess I never understood that. Until today, when the hairs on the back of my neck stood up as he said "I don't want my pretty boy to get fat." as he snatched the fries from me, I knew something was wrong. I knew that he wasn't the Brendon I thought he was.

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing and I pick it up. It's Brendon. I quickly answer.

"Hey, Zacky! I wrote a song for you."

"Wow, Bren. Really?"

"Yeah. Meet me in the park, under the twirly slide in ten minutes." He says.

And ten minutes later, I'm under the twirly, yellow, plastic slide, waiting for Brendon.

I sit down, cross-legged, the weird, bouncy, playground floor designed to keep children from getting seriously injured under my ass. I see Brendon running towards me with an acoustic guitar and I start smiling. I don't know what I was worried about earlier.

"Hey," he says, out of breath. He sits cross-legged across from me. "So like I said, I, um, wrote you a song."

"Wow, Brendon..." I say, breathless with amazement.

"Okay, so, um, here it goes."

"I'm a disappearing act done poorly
But if I ever get it right, you'll miss me sorely
I look like the cat that just ate the canary
Coughing up feathers
There's a "get out of jail" card if I can think of something clever

I'll plead the fifth on all of this

When your chips are down, and your drinks are all gone
I'll still be here, wishing and waiting for you to come home
Kaleidoscope eyes, sparkle at the world
My emerald city, downtown girl
In the sickness of you, I'm just a white blood cell
Fighting like hell for you

Oh, I'm just a crook, with no intent or stash
Pour gasoline on the vault just to burn the cash
I swear to God, I'd never heard a better sound coming out
Then when you're whimpering my name from your mouth

I'll plead the fifth on all of this

When your chips are down, and your drinks are all gone
I'll still be here, wishing and waiting for you to come home
Kaleidoscope eyes, sparkle at the world
My emerald city, downtown girl
In the sickness of you, I'm just a white blood cell
Fighting like hell for you

I've got an insatiable desire for your insides
It's undeniable, I'll conspire and pull against your body tonight

When your chips are down, and your drinks are all gone
I'll still be here, wishing and waiting for you to come home
Kaleidoscope eyes, sparkle at the world
My emerald city, downtown girl
In the sickness of you, I'm just a white blood cell
Fighting like hell for you."

He looks up and I can see in his eyes that frightening spark.

"Wow, Bren." But I shrug it off because I am amazed with the song that he wrote ME. "But what do you mean 'fighting like hell for you'?" I ask.

Brendon sets his guitar next to him and pats his lap. I crawl over and snuggle up to him, sitting in his lap.

"Well, Zachary. I know you have something for Jack. I'm just trying to fight for your attention, babe." he says, raising one eyebrow.

"Wh-What? Brendon, no, I like you!"

"You know what my favorite lyrics are? 'I swear to God, I'd never heard a better sound coming out, then when you're whimpering my name from your mouth'." Brendon says, ignoring my last comment. He starts to lean towards me and suddenly I feel him kissing my neck.

I can feel the warmth crawling up my face and suddenly it feels way too hot under this plastic play structure.

"Mmm... Brendon." I moan. He pulls away and I frown.

"Yeah. Like that." Brendon smirks. I roll my eyes and stand up.

"I gotta get home, Bren."

"No." he stands up. "fucking stay!" he yells.

"Brendon, stop scaring me!" I try to yell but it comes out weak and wobbly. He walks closer.

"Scaring you?" he whispers, angrily.

I'm silent.

So Brendon puts his hands under my shirt and grabs my sides and pulls me in and kisses me on the lips. It's not passionate in anyway. It's rough, like he's trying to show me that he can control me.

He lets go after a minute and pushes me away. "Fucking go, Merrick!" he yells at me. I turn around and start running. I can bet that there'll be bruises there in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHHH I'M ALIVE.

I'M SORRY I HAD SUCH HORRIBLE WRITERS BLOCK ON THIS STORY.

ILYSM.

-Hannah Paige