Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Happy Hours

It was an unfamiliar room and the feel to it was different too. It felt warm, peaceful, serene. It felt…home. Mia stood beside her window with a cup of coffee in her hands. The sunshine filtered into the room casting a beautiful glow on everything it touched.

“Look at lucky you,” a sweet voice reached her ears and she closed her eyes in pleasure and sighed. “Hmm…” she turned back to look at him a smile plastered on her face. “My favorite voice to hear in the morning and my favorite drink in my hands. I would say I’m lucky, alright,” she exhaled, “it’s more peaceful today. It feels wonderful.”

“And it’s my favorite sight in the world,” he said, his smile matching Mia’s. “Oh yeah, the scenery is to die for,” she chuckled as she turned to face the greenery outside the window.

He came to stand by her side. Taking her by the waist, he pulled her in and leaned forward to kiss her temple, “No, you are,” he whispered against her skin and smiled when she shivered in delight.

“Stay here, today,” he said. She gave him a smile, “As much as I love your new place, I can’t.” “Oh, it’ll be fun. We’ll go out and look, the weather’s so nice. Plus, you just got here. Came to see the house only?” he raised his eye brows at her.

She smacked him playfully, “I can’t. They wouldn’t hand me the project if I take leaves and you know how important it is to me,” she replied with a sympathetic smile. He nodded, “Will you be working late, tonight?” “Hmm, I’ll go straight to my place,” she said.

He nodded again in understanding, “Well, you better hurry or else your boss wouldn’t be so happy about you arriving late,” he agreed.
She stood on her toes to give him a peck on the cheek, “You’re the best. Thank you.”

The quite, silent nights were scary especially with a light breeze blowing through the trees. Mia stood at her front door, fumbling with her keys. She finally managed to open it single handedly with all the files she was holding.

She switched on the lights but nothing came. It was dark inside too now. “Oh-kay,” she mumbled and dumped the files on the top of the shoe rack she knew was placed just beside the switches.

She took a careful step forward when her eyes caught the flickering flame coming from the living room. Curious, she took a step forward, “Enrique!” she called out for him but got no response.

She then saw the scented candles making a pathway which lead to her bedroom door. The space between the candles was crammed with rose petals filling the room with its heavenly scent. The grin that spread on her face was irrepressible as she took off her shoes and walked the rose garden to her room.

She opened the door slowly and her eyes roamed over the place, expecting him to be standing there but he wasn’t. She crossed the room to her side table where a glass of champagne rested with a red rose and a letter.

She was part excited and part nervous as she opened the letter. She had never received a letter, lest in that beautiful way. The tears that flowed were inevitable as she clutched it to her heart.

“Will you answer this poor soul?” Enrique’s voice came from behind filled with amusement. She gasped and stood suddenly as he extended his hand to her and looked at her quizzically.

“Yes,” she said in a breathy laugh. He smiled and gave her a nod. He then, produced a ring from a small box he was holding. “I don’t want you to go, Mia. I want…no, I need you to stay, here with me, forever.”

She smiled at him, “Just this project, Enrique. Rose and Trevor have helped me so much and I want it. It’s all I’ve ever known for so long,” she paused and looked in his eyes, “I love you, Enrique but you don’t have to do this to make me stay.”

“Well, I was hoping but that’s not the reason I’m doing this right now,” he lied. “It’s just that...” he started but seeing Mia’s wide eyes, staring hard at something behind him, he stopped. “Mia?” he asked slowly, cautiously and turned around.

“What are you doing, Mia?” the voice asked, pained and she recognized it as her heart started to pound against her chest and her body hummed with tingles.

The look on his face and the hurt in his eyes almost chocked Mia to death. She felt as if she couldn’t breathe, as if something was stuck in her throat and she couldn’t get it out. She hated to see him that way and it was because of her.

“Damon!” she cried when he started to disappear from her vision.


Mia woke up in the dark room, still feeling the pain of loss she felt in her dream when Damon left. The sadness in his eyes tore her apart, the pain in his voice became hers as he uttered those words.

She didn’t understood it properly. How could he intervene in her dream like this and it wasn’t even a dream. It was a memory, her own personal memory. He couldn’t compel her which meant he couldn’t intrude her dreams. She checked her finger, knowing she had no ring there but she had to see and confirm. No ring meant she never got it, right?

She got up from the bed and changed into jeans and a shirt, her thoughts reeling. She wanted to know if Damon knew her from her past and haven’t told her. The connection she felt with him told her the same thing.

That was the reason she got into Claire’s car at such an inappropriate time alone in a town full of vampires and supernatural beings. The thing that mattered was, she had to know. She needed to know and she needed to see him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guys!
Your constructive criticism is always welcome. Plus, this was the first story I wrote so, your opinion on the writing will really help me ahead. Also, if the characters are good and not annoying.

And Thanks a million to all you lovely people who are still with me on this story. Love you guys...seriously.

Yeah, so let me know your views in the comments. A little encouragement might go a long way.