Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Coming Together...

Mia blinked several times before her sight adjusted to light in the room. Stretching on her back, she turned her head to the side and was surprised to see Damon’s sleeping form. His face was away from her but she could see the peace and calmness, a sight that came rarely on his face.

His perfect lips were turned up in a small smile as if he was having a happy dream. Mia scooted closer to him, not wanting to stir him awake but she wanted to see him up close. With his eyelids sealing the blue depths of his eyes that always pulled her in, she still couldn’t stop herself from staring at the perfection lying beside her.

The more she looked and admired him, the more her chest tightened, making it difficult to breathe but this kind of torture, she liked and enjoyed. She raised her hand slowly to touch his face, to feel his skin but his deep, husky voice stopped her hand in midair, “Like what you see?”
Mia let out a small gasp and quickly dropped her hand but not fast enough for Damon to not notice it. In a second, his beat was in sync with Mia’s as he realized her actions. She chuckled and shook her head causing Damon to avert his eyes from her hand to face which was a beautiful sight to him every day.

God, he could do this every day to her. Sleep with her in his arms, providing her the shelter which somehow atoned for his mistakes, made him peaceful and satisfied as if he’s finally doing something right. Wake with the feeling of her gazing and touching him, only with her melodious laughter that would perfect the moment.

It was bad enough with him being caring and concerned for her and now he was flirting with her. How was she going to resist that kind of thing? Him flirting with her would only stir and magnify her feelings. She cleared her throat, “Thank you.”

Damon raised his eyebrows at her. “For last night,” she clarified.

Rolling to his side, he turned to face her with his arm under his head, “How are you feeling?” he asked.

“Fine. Much better now actually. Now, it seems like a really bad dream but…last night, it was so…so…”

“Real…and scary,” Damon offered and she nodded quickly.

“How did you know, I needed you?” she asked suddenly with a grateful smile. The words tightened his chest. They were too much…she needed him. Someone like him. The thought elicited strong emotions in him, the ones he didn’t even want to admit to himself. “Claire called. Said you were…unstable,” he said, trying to lighten the mod though with her looking at him that way, he knew beforehand, it wasn’t going to help.

“Oh my God! I hurt Claire,” she exclaimed and tried to get up but Damon grasped her arm to keep her from jumping and sat up with her, locking her eyes with his own. He gently removed the hand from her arm to tuck the strand of her loose hair behind her ear before he could stop himself and cupped her cheek.

The touch sent a shiver down her spine as she parted her lips to take in the much needed oxygen. Damon licked his lips before forcing himself to look in her eyes. “It’s not your fault. You have to know this,” he said softly.

“But I…” Mia started but Damon hushed her with his finger on her lips. “It wasn’t your fault that…Shawn died. It was Elena’s.”
“What?” She shrieked.

“Elena was in transition the night you died. It was late and she was craving for it. She tasted and couldn’t control herself,” he did carefully omitted the part where his already bleeding wound was the reason Elena found him but Mia didn’t need to know that though she would figure it out, obviously.

“Oh my God. I thought…all this time,”

“I know. Like I said, it wasn’t your fault,” he added again and she nodded. “What about last night? Did I hurt Claire?”

Damon chuckled quietly, keeping his eyes on her, “Well, you were out of control and hit a lot,” he said in a serious tone but amusement laced his every word. “I-I hit her,” she ran her hand through her hair and Damon dropped his from her face. “I-umm, need to apologize or something.”
“It’s ok, she understands. And you didn’t hit her….just pushed and screamed,” he said with a smug smile.

“Oh,” she sighed in relief and Damon cocked his eyebrow. “I mean…I mean, it’s better than hitting her…you know,” she shrugged. He gave her a sad smile. “What?” she asked, looking at him.

“Nothing,” he shrugged it off. “What, Damon?” she persisted. “It’s just sad,” he said, regarding her with seriousness but his eyes were gleaming, “You’re worried sick about her when I’m the one who was turned into a punching bag,” he pouted.

Mia stared at him for a moment and her eyebrows reached her hairline before she burst out laughing. “Fine. Don’t care,” he delivered the line over dramatically, rolling his eye, he got off the bed when in a very similar way, Mia stopped him.

“I’m sorry. It was just,” she cleared her throat, “I just never thought you could make that face and nail it to perfection.” Damon rolled his eyes at her. “And you didn’t seem upset or angry or hurt,” she argued.

“Yes, Mia. Because if in control and senses, you could be a hell of ass kicker,” he paused and turned his head towards the ceiling looking at it contemplatively, “That would be hot,” he smirked.

When Mia remained silent, he lowered his face to look at her. “I did fought Maya pretty well,” she whispered.

“Why, didn’t I heard that one?” he asked but Mia continued. “But she won in the end,” she shrugged. Damon sighed and shook his head. Mia reached out for him and took his face in her hand, making him look at her, “And I care about you,” she said softly, knowing she felt much more than that but saying it loud would scare him away.

“Just as much as you do, if not more,” she almost whispered the words. Her face was so close, her breath caressed his face like a sweet, forbidden touch and the words embedded themselves deep in his heart. He knew he didn’t deserve her but God, help him for he fell a little every day for her.

He wanted to dive in that feeling as much as he wanted to stay away from that whirlpool which sucked him in and would probably end up killing her. Looking into her chocolate brown eyes, he whispered the words with same intensity, “I doubt that.”

The three words spun Mia’s world around. More than the words was the way he was looking at her, like she was the only good thing in the world. They were just as much as she could hope from him, knowing him.

In that instant, they both could feel the shift around them and mostly in them. Her breath hitched in her throat as she noticed the black overpowering the blue in his eyes. Hot blood rushed to her cheeks as all the butterflies were set loose in her stomach. The pink blush against her pale wheatish skin sent Damon into an overdrive.

Her thumb slowly moved to his chin and his heart stuttered to a stop as her heat caressed his skin. Mia licked her lips to overcome the sudden dryness. Looking at her now, Damon never wanted someone’s touch so fervently. As much as he wanted to devour her, he also wanted this to be her choice, her step to let him know that she wanted it as much as he did.

Keeping her eyes on him, Mia inched closer to him, his scent intoxicating her, torturing her. “Mia,” he breathed and her heart pounded in her chest as she took a sharp breath, parting her lips. Damon’s eyes fell on her sensual, pink lips, warning her for first and last time as he leaned in to close the distance between them.

He gently brushed her mouth with his lips, their eyes sliding close with pleasure. A rollercoaster of feelings crashed into them with a head on collision. He devoured on her hungrily, passionately to drink from the well that could slake his ever longing, raging thirst.

He gently pushed her down on the bed, covering her body with his own as she knotted her fingers in his hair, pulling him close. The sparks that flied the moment they met, ignited with a touch turned into a hot scorching fire that consumed them both, reeling them into a frenzy of emotions, rendering them unable to form a single, coherent thought but one word rang loud and clear in both their minds, ‘Finally’.

Damon pulled away from her, giving her a moment to catch her breath as he placed butterfly kisses to her neck. Mia pulled his face back to her eye level as she looked at the very familiar face but it managed to look more heartbreakingly beautiful after the kiss. The look on his face was intense, almost threatening. Mia gave him a small smile, her eyes glistening before she pulled herself up to meet his mouth again.

Before, she could make the connection, Damon’s body tensed suddenly which scared her but she kept her cool as she unhooked her arm from his neck to touch his face.

The doorbell ringing took her attention as she glanced towards her door then slowly turned to face Damon skeptically, “Damon?” she questioned in confusion. “What…who?” she asked but he closed his eyes as if in unbearable pain or as if making important decision. “Damon,” she whispered again.

“It’s him,” he said through clenched jaws.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe..i felt like updating now. I don't know why.
Anyway, tell me how you like it and let me know if the kiss was too much. I wouldn't do it like that again.
Comment/Subscribe/Recommend. Love you all.