Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

...And Falling Apart

“Oh my God,” Mia exclaimed as she pushed Damon away with her both hands. He vamped out of bed and went to stand in a corner, his eyes showing the pain he felt and Mia’s heart squeezed as she regarded him seriously, his pain flowing through hers as she stood up. Ugh! She was so dumb…and stupid, she wanted to kill herself.

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like…” she stammered as she took a step towards him.

“Mia! Enrique’s here,” Jake yelled in a singing tone from other side of the door. She closed her eyes at the words and concentrated on Damon, “I’m sorry. Damon, I don’t…”

“He’s waiting for you,” Damon cut her off, “I think you should tend to it,” he said in a clipped tone as he marched out of the room.

Mia rushed after him but stopped as she saw Enrique standing at the bottom of the stairs. Mia inhaled sharply to which Damon halted in his tracks, looked back to see her as Mia tore her eyes from Enrique to Damon. She wanted to kill herself when she saw hurt flashing in his eyes but she was truly ripped apart when she saw the shield sliding in his blue eyes, hiding whatever he felt from her, becoming the Damon she met so long ago.

“You’re fine,” Enrique stated and gave her a warm, heat melting smile.

“Yeah,” she whispered as she saw Damon’s retreating figure.

“Hey, Damon? You stayed the night?” Claire asked surprised and Enrique sharply turned to Damon and then Mia.

“Yeah, she looked like, she needed someone,” he said seriously.

“What? Why?” Enrique asked.

“It’s fine. I’m fine,” Mia assured him as she stepped down another two steps. “What happened, Mia?” Enrique asked again. “Nothing,” she said, shrugging off the matter.

“You would have known, if you didn’t leave your girlfriend at the mercy of others,” Damon said, hatred dripping from his words. Mia gaped at him, angry that he would make such a comment. She glared at him as he turned to give her a smirk, indifferently before facing Enrique again.

Enrique didn’t pay much attention to Damon as his gaze was fixed solely on Mia. “What happened, Mia?” he stressed. “Nothing,” she hesitated, “It was…just a nightmare. That’s all,” she said, lowering her gaze.

“What about?” Enrique asked. Couldn’t he just stop? She thought angrily. “I don’t. I don’t want to, uh…talk about it,” she said, finality in her tone but Damon was not the one to be stopped. “Are you sure? I mean, you told me everything, why not your little boyfriend here?” Enrique eyed Damon and turned back to Mia.

“You told him?” he asked skeptically which angered Mia. She folded her arms on her chest and stepped forward, her lips pursed together, her frame rigid, “Yes,” she hissed, “Yes, I told him, Enrique. You know why? Because you weren’t there. You didn’t even care when I asked…no, begged you to stay because I know bad things happen when you do that. So, I’m sorry but you don’t get to question me like that and I’m not your little possession. I can do whatever the hell I like,” she spat the words at him.

Enrique looked at her for a moment and then lowered his gaze as he shook his head, silently. Damon stood there, shocked. Never had he thought, his angel…Mia could act that way, berate someone in that voice and tone but man, did he loved it, this little spurt of anger from her.

“I know. I’m sorry. I know that I don’t deserve this but…I have to ask you this, Mia. Why him?” he pointed to Damon.

Mia raked her fingers through her hair and sighed. She thought of how just minutes ago, she was in heaven with her gorgeous devil. She wanted to tell him but she didn’t know if she was ready to take that step? Was he? Would he hear it without freaking about it or running away from her?

She licked her lips, framing her answer but nothing came to her. “I, uh. He…” she looked at Damon, who was now looking at her. Playing with her fingers, she locked her eyes with Damon.

“He makes me feel…safe and happy. I trust him and…care about him and he makes me feel…” she stopped when she saw a small smile playing on his lips but his eyes remained the same, shielded.

“Yeah,” he smirked and Mia’s heart dropped, “I’m the dock that keeps her safe but once the waves calm down…she goes on kissing the water,” he flicked his hand.

He might as well have slapped her or better yet, stabbed her. She couldn’t believe that he was could something like that to her. She couldn’t believe she was capable of feeling that magnitude of pain. She regretted pushing him away but this, calling her a slut was taking it too far.

Tears threatened to spill but heavens forbid she’ll cry in front of him. Damon saw the death glare she sent his way as tears formed in her eyes. He knew, he had gone too far but the words escaped him without a thought. He didn’t had to do this, he knew that but still, he did. He had hurt her, yet again and he could see it clearly in her eyes.

“Well. I’m sorry,” she hissed and looked hard at Damon, “if I bothered you,” she turned to Enrique, “both,” she marched out. “It wouldn’t happen again,” she completed as she slammed the door shut.

“Mia! Wait up,” Claire called out and glared at the two men standing in front of her with their heads down. “Do you have any idea what you’re doing to her?” She shook her head in disapproval as she disappeared in the kitchen but Damon didn’t miss the small smile on her face.

What the hell? He thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh! What's up with Claire, guys?
Comments, please. It's nice to know what you think of the chapter and story.
And the next chapter is almost ready. So, I may update it again today.