Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Old Journal

Living in Mystic Falls was never easy and lately, it has started to seem impossible but it was legacy. Salvatore family has always been here. This is home but the dark secrets this place hold are unimaginable.

Uncle Stefan is back is after so many years. He does visit this home from time to time, like I said, it’s home but this time, he had decided to stay. He’s here for a girl that looks like some old lover of his and without knowing so much, she will be dragged into these secrets if he doesn’t leave her alone and he has no intention of it.

Uncle Stefan is fine though. At least he can control his vicious urges. It’s Damon, I’m worried about. I have no idea what to do about that one. As always, he’s a monstrous vampire who has taken the lives of God know how many people.

Sometimes, I wonder how he lives with himself. He must feel some regret over his actions but the thought evaporates as soon as you see him. He’s a person without a care in this world. Of course, he causes others to worry at his place. Selfish monster.

He comes rarely though which is a blessing but whenever he does, it’s like he owns the place. No wonder, he doesn’t have anybody or friends. He don’t deserve them anyway or he’ll kill them before they get to that stage.

I’m thinking about talking to Uncle Stefan about him. I cannot let him jeopardize the lives of the innocent of this town. They deserve better than his evil games and vicious plans.

It’s such a long day is hell lot of confusing. I don’t know what to make of most of it. I talked to Uncle Stefan about our little…ok, huge problem; Damon.

He attacked a girl last night, Vicki Donovan but left her breathing which is unlike him but he’s unpredictable that way. He usually kills his victims, no mercy.

Uncle Stefan thinks he did to make things difficult for him, that Damon lives to make his life miserable. What he don’t know is how others are also suffering with it but you can’t expect Damon to understand.

He also thinks that it is the only reason that he’s back in town…because Stefan is here and he wants to see him suffer and have fun with it. He has however, assured me that he had taken care of the girl but I doubt that.

Damon is so much stronger than him. I bet he knows that Uncle Stefan compelled her, which means he can alter it whenever he wants to.
Dealing with vampires, even like Uncle Stefan scares me to be honest. It’s their nature to be like that. I wonder what’s so special about the girl he came back for. I even asked him if she’s worth it but he didn’t answer and it’s not like I can make him.

Another problem is Enrique. He came down to meet me today. He does that too from time to time…like I have explained it’s home but he never showed up before when Original Salvatore brothers were here which confused me.

For obvious reasons, he’d always stay away from them. He does visit me though and I can say he cares more than Uncle Stefan or Damon…who is not even worth mentioning.

It proves to me how blood runs thicker than water though they’re both a family too but…

Anyway, family is important, Enrique says but what worries me are the things he said to me today. He seemed scared as if something wrong was happening. First, I thought maybe it was because he knew that Damon was here. Not a big fan of him, probably because Damon killed two of my ancestors before.

But, I figured it was bigger than that. He told me not to trust him after tonight. Yes, tonight is the big night. To others, it’s a simple comet passing but this night of comet is important in the world that I live in, in the world of supernatural. It happens rarely and is important for so many reasons.

What I don’t understand were his words. He told me he loved me and also reminded me of the fact that I’m a Salvatore and must carry the name forward because that’s what his father wanted.

Giuseppe asked Enrique to carry that name after his both sons died in a battle…or so he thought. Anyway he said he had to go somewhere and I should promise not to trust him ever again. What the hell does that mean?

“I have to go, Zach and I need you to promise that no matter what you’ll never again trust a word that I say. I wouldn’t be same after tonight, Zach and you must understand that. It is for the best. I can’t trust many people and you shouldn’t either.”

Yes, those were his exact words and I don’t get it at all. He was scared alright but his words showed me the depth of that fear. He had many enemies. Quite frankly, you do make some over a century but still.

He was family and if he was in danger, he should’ve trusted me instead of asking me not to trust him either. I would’ve at least tried to help him. I didn’t understand it and now, can’t help but worry but I hope that he’s fine.


No matter how many times she read the entry, she just couldn’t bring herself to believe everything that it said or just one for that matter. The things it told about Damon and Enrique.

Enrique? She thought, she had so many doubts about him before and she was so off grid. She still couldn’t grasp the idea that they were both brothers. Damon, Stefan and Enrique were all brothers. Blood brothers and they never acted like that or acknowledged that.

Her knees buckled in as she fell to the ground. Damon and Stefan were both vampires. They couldn’t…procreate, couldn’t carry the family name. It had to be Enrique. Plus, Zach said that Enrique was his true ancestor. God, how he fooled her?

Enrique wasn’t a vampire, that she knew but he was so young. Werewolf, she remembered. He was a werewolf. She also remembered Stefan’s words that it was all genetic. If they were brothers then, they both must’ve that gene too and they had both obviously killed people. She stopped breathing when she replayed that word in her mind, Hybrids.

Hybrids…just like Klaus. No, no it couldn’t be. She must be missing something very important or she was just losing her mind. She clutched her hair tightly as she groaned in frustration and then took a deep breath.

This is it, she thought, I’m done being played. I need answers and I’ll make sure, I get them this time.

She took out her phone from her pocket as she ran outside, “Enrique?” she asked hastily but there was determination in her voice.

“Yes,” Enrique answered, unsure of himself and the tightness in her voice.

“We need to talk.”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think? Tell me in the comments below. :)
Thank you for your support. <3