These Four Words

I got something to tell you and it just can't wait.

Vic's POV

Kellin called early and said he was in San Diego and wanted to have a really serious talk with me, he sounded really anxious and it worried me a lot so I instantly gave in. I mean… why would he fly all the way from Michigan just to talk?

I was already walking downtown to the café we agreed to meet at since it was close to where I live. I kept my hands in my jacket while I also tried to shield my face from the cold air, it was a really cloudy day but you could still see the sunset over the horizon painting the sky with blue, orange, and a little bit of pink pigments while darkness seemed to take in, along with large grey clouds indicating it would be raining anytime soon. California has been chilly for a few days now.

When I walked in and looked around, I instantly recognized the black haired boy in a booth at the back of the establishment who kept playing nervously with the cup of coffee in front of him and went his direction right away.

“Hey, Kellin.” I said and he jumped out a little of his place, looking up and staring with those bluish-greenish orbs right into mine. After a few seconds he smiled but the gesture didn’t reach his eyes so I sat down facing him. “What did you want to talk about?” I went straight to the point, as he didn’t say anything back. He sighed.

“This is really hard for me to take in Vic, so it might be hard for you too.” He said while playing with the little spoon with his fingers, too afraid to look me in the eyes.

“Go ahead, then.” I said, while I was starting to feel a little bit worried. He dropped the spoon out of his hands and took his head between his fingers, tangling them in his long black locks and closing his eyes.

“Katelynne is pregnant.” Those three words shattered my heart. I tried to speak but I couldn’t mutter any word whilst I could feel tears forming in my eyes. “I’m sorry Vic, you know I didn’t plan this.”

“When did you find out?” I managed to say, my voice cracking at the end of the sentence.

“When we arrived from tour, she wasn’t sure so we made an appointment with the doctor and…” He trailed off, me knowing the answer already.

“So, what are we going to do then?” I asked, a little bit more confident as I had tamed the tears from flowing. He finally looked up at me, surprised.

“We? Vic, we can’t keep doing this.” He said, not looking me in the face.

“Are you serious, Kellin? ‘We can’t keep doing this?’ That’s all you’ve got? You have to be kidding me!” I said practically shouting, a few people were already staring at us.

“Please calm down.” He said, trying to caress my hand, which I instantly put away. “I can’t do the same my father did Vic, I just can’t, and you know that.” He said while lowering his voice and looking straight to my eyes, I could see tears already forming.

“It’s different, you’re not going to abandon that baby Kellin, you’ll make sure he or she have a home and you’ll take care too.” I said desperately, staring right back and he just lowered his head.

“I can’t do this.” He said and got up, leaving a few dollars on the table before heading out the coffee shop in middle of the rain. I froze in my place trying to think of something to make him think about what he wanted for once.

I got up and ran outside but I couldn’t see anyone on the streets, it was too late. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed his number, hoping he would to pick up. Nothing, it would send me to voice mail instead.

“Kellin, I need to talk to you. I know I was a selfish prick, please just listen to me. If you decide you want to do it, please meet me at my place in fifteen minutes.” I hung up and made my way to the apartment. I unlocked the door and went upstairs to find comfortable clothes and change into them. I crawled into bed and waited for him to arrive.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is something I've just started and I'm hoping you guys will like it. I'm really new in here, so comments will be nice (:

Title: One Hundred Sleepless Nights - Pierce The Veil