Veer

Show Me Family

“I don’t want to go to LA, can’t we stay here?” The little girl asked her mother who was closing up her suitcase.

“No, you have school starting soon, don’t you want to see your friends? Besides mommy has a job there and Jeff has a job there and we have to go so we can move into his place,” Maya, her mother said calmly.

“I don’t want to go, I hate Jeff!” The little girl screeched causing Maya to turn around and give Jeff apologetic eyes.

“Jessa Lynn, we do not say hate. And how can you say that about him, he let you eat ice cream out of the Stanley Cup.”

“I like ice cream but that doesn’t mean I like Jeff.” She crossed her arms and huffed as she sat on her bed.

“Jeff will you take our bags to the car while I talk to Jessa? She hasn’t acted out in a while and I want to see what’s up,” Jeff nodded, picking up the bags and leaving the room.

“So what’s really wrong Jess, because we come here every summer and go back to LA for as long as you can remember and you have never had a problem with it before. And you have never been mean to Jeff like that before.”

“Because Jeff is taking you away from me,” Jessa burst into tears.

“Aww sweetie why would you think that,” Maya frowned pulling Jessa into her lap and holding her tightly.

“Because when we came here for the summer all you did was do things with Jeff and made me stay with grandma and grandpa or auntie. Then when you would play with me, Jeff would be there too. You don’t want me anymore.” The small child sobbed out holding her mother tightly.

“Honey, I’m sorry if I made you feel that way, but Jeff is never going to be more important than you. I love you a trillion, billion, million times more than I love Jeff. If there was an Olympics for my love you take gold and Jeff gets silver, actually you take all the medals and Jeff’s lucky if he even qualifies for finals. Okay?” Jessa nodded and Maya laughed before smothering her daughter’s face with kisses. “Now why don’t you go say bye to grams and gramps.”

Jessa wiped her tears before hopping off her bed and running down the stairs. Maya followed behind her slowly, her daughter ran to the kitchen where Maya’s parents were, while Maya made her way towards the tall blonde man arranging bags in the car.

“So what was the episode all about?” Jeff asked wrapping his arms around waist and placing a kiss on her lips.

“She thinks you’re replacing her. Like you’re the new baby and she’s the older sibling who doesn’t get enough attention anymore. And while we have been pawning her off so we can have sex I think she’s being a drama queen who just wants to stay in Canada,” she laughed while hugging Jeff back.

“I will admit she is the most enthusiastic Canadian for a kid who lives in America.”

“That’s because she’s never been here for the winter, if she was here when she was cold she’d be whining about why we can’t live in Cali.”

“Oh that’s right she’s never seen snow. That seems like a crime and child abuse, should I report you?” Jeff dug his hands into Maya’s side as she tried to squirm away.

“She’s seen snow she just doesn’t remember, she lived in Toronto for the first two years of her life.” Maya stuck out her tongue.

“Still a crime.”

“Whatever, so when can we expect your cute unemployed ass down in LA?”

“Well we have no idea how long the lockout is going to be but I think I’ll come down in a month and just workout in LA, help you watch bubs. Besides I don’t know how long I can be away from my fiancé.” Jeff grinned kissing her hand adorned with a shiny ring.

“Aww well aren’t you so sweet. I can put you on soccer mom duty because bubs wants to play soccer this year. Taking after her mom, I was quite the soccer player in my day.”

“I can tell with those long sexy legs,” Jeff whispered into her ear before pulling her closer and kissing below her ear.

“There’s your mom, it’s good to see that the engaged couple is so loving in my front yard,” Maya’s mother said loudly causing the couple to pull a part.

“Mommy, grams say it’s time to go.” Jessa said as she ran up to her mom and Jeff.

“Okay, do you have something to say to Jeff?” Jessa shook her head, “like maybe an apology?” Jessa frowned but held her hands up to Jeff for him to pick her up, which he obliged.

“I’m sorry I said I hate you, I don’t hate you. And I’m going to miss you while we’re in LA and you’re not,” she said wrapping her arms around his neck.

“I’m going to miss you too Jessa, but I’ll see you soon.” He smiled hugging her back.

“Okay, put me in my car seat” Jessa announced kicking her legs.

“Sure thing bubs,” Jeff laughed before strapping her into the seat and then digging his fingers into her side.

“Stop it Jeffy that tickles,” the girl squealed before the man stopped kissing her cheek before standing up and getting into the passenger seat while Maya said goodbye to her parents.

The couple drove through the town where they had met, holding hands on the way to the airport. Once they arrived Jeff pulled over and helped grab Maya’s bag before pausing on the sidewalk.

“Have a safe flight, I’m going to miss you a lot.” Jeff leaned down to give a loving kiss to Maya that received a gagging noise from Jessa.

“Okay try not to think too much about me when you’re alone at night,” Maya laughed before unstrapping Jessa and setting her on the ground. “But I’ll miss you too, this will be the longest we’ve been apart since we got engaged.” She gave a sad smile before kissing his cheek and taking Jessa into the airport.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“This is our house? Why didn’t we move in with Jeffie sooner?” Jessa shouted as she stared in awe at the house she was about to move into.

“Because mommy didn’t want to move in with Jeff unless I knew he was going to be around for a long time,” she chuckled.

The mother and daughter made their way into the house. As soon as the door was open Jessa rushed in, running around to explore her new home. Maya smiled as her daughter oohed and ahhed at Jeff’s classic bachelor pad. Maya then took her bags and went to her new bedroom, a place she was already quite familiar with.

Maya soon reached the bedroom to find a risqué outfit on the bed with a note in Jeff’s scrawl reading ‘for when we make this house our home.’ Maya giggled before she heard the stomps of her daughter running up the stairs, causing her to take the outfit and throw it under the bed. She then flopped onto the bed and waited for her daughter to make her grand entrance.

“Mom that bed is so much better than your old one! And did you see Jeff’s backyard? And we are right by the ocean and a pier and, and… I don’t remember I’m tired.” Jessa said crawling onto the bed and snuggling her mom.

“Is my baby tired? Do you want to take your nap in your own room?”

“I get my own room?” Jessa said with as much excitement as she could muster in her tired state.

“Yes, where did you think I was going to make you sleep on a couch?” Maya rolled her eyes before picking up her daughter and carry her down the hall to her new room.

“Mommy it looks like a garden, look at all the flowers!” The little girl squealed at her room.

Maya nodded as she stared in awe at the decorations Jeff had put together for her daughter. The walls were a mural of flowers and butterflies and pushed up against the wall was a bed that looked like a little tree house. By the time she processed the room enough to reply her daughter had already climbed into the bed and fallen asleep.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“Jessa fakes left, goes right, she rushing down the field in a breakaway, will she score? No one is defending the open goal she sees an opening, she shoots, she scores, Jessa wins the game! The crowd goes wild.” Maya announced before picking up her daughter and spinning her around.

“Mommy you let me score that goal.” Jessa giggled once her mom set her down.

“Nuh uh, you’ve just gotten really good at playing soccer now.” Her daughter beamed before grabbing the ball and kicking it around while Maya sat and watched.

“When is Jeffie coming here?”

“I don’t know when he feels like it, why do you miss him.”

“Not really but you do. You’re happy with me but you’re happier when Jeffie is here too and I just want you be happy all the time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Something new, won't be a super long story but I'm kind of falling in love with it.
I know there wasn't much Jeff but don't worry he will be a major role.
Feedback would be awesome!