‹ Prequel: All Your Life
Status: Completed

Why Wait?

Chapter 1

Milan

I was crawling on the ground, playing with Valentina when I heard Rylan come walking in from balcony through the sliding glass doors of our hotel suite room. I heard the shutter of her camera and looked up.

"Smile!" She cheered and took another candid shot of my daughter and I.

"Ry-Ry!" Val jumped up and ran over to my gorgeous fiancé.

"Hi beautiful girl!" Rylan laughed, picking her up and swinging her around. I quickly took out my phone and took a few candid pictures of my two favorite girls having fun. Rylan turned to look at me and pulled a shocked face when she saw my phone. I snapped another quick picture.

"Smile!" I mocked her and she laughed.

“That was sneaky.” She rolled her eyes. Laughing, I shook my head. I put my phone down and opened my arms, calling her over. She sat down between my legs and sat Val between hers. I wrapped my arms around Ry's waist and she leaned her head back on my chest. I smiled to myself.

This is the life

I grabbed her left hand and started playing with the diamond on her finger. She looked at the ring as well and Val jumped up to go play somewhere.

“Y’know, I was thinking…” I started to say.

“Uh-oh.” Rylan sarcastically remarked and I looked down at her smirking face.

“Oh, ha. You think you’re SO funny.” I rolled my eyes and she let out a giggle before nodding up at me.

“I’m a comedic genius.”

“You’re cute,” I shook my head, “Anyways! As I was saying-“

“Right, about the thinking. Go on,” Rylan smirked again, nodding and I pinched her thigh, “Ow!”

“Shut up, smartass.”

“It’s not nice to pinch people, Milan. Do you want a time-out?” she jokingly reprimanded me, but, admittedly, it kind of turned me on.

“Yeah, punish me.” I said in a seductive voice, jokingly, and she started laughing.

“Finish your first thought, then we’ll talk.” She said, bringing me back to the original topic.

“Right! So, as you know, we’re engaged.”

“Is that was this ring means?” she asked sarcastically and I pinched her again, “Ow! Sorry..”

“And we’re in Vegas.” I continued, and she opened her mouth to say something which I knew was going to be sarcastic so I put my hand over her mouth. She rolled her eyes and pulled my hand away from her mouth.

“What are you getting at Lucic?” she raised an eyebrow at me and I wrapped my arms back around her waist.

“What do you say if we get married here?”

“Are you crazy?!” she exclaimed and pulled from my embrace.

“Think about it, Ry. You’ve been stressing over the thought of planning and we don’t need a big fancy wedding with all of our family and friends.”

“So a drive-thru wedding is more appropriate?”

“I’m not saying a drive-thru wedding. A little white wedding chapel.”

“I’m not a hooker.” she crossed her arms over her chest.

“And I’m not a dentist,” I finished her smartass reference to The Hangover.

“I don’t know, Milan…”

“Rylan,” I smiled, grabbing her hands in mine, "I've wanted this for the better part of the last decade. If I wasn't such an idiot we'd already be married by now and we should stop punishing ourselves for my mistakes."

I chuckled as she shook her head repeating herself, "I don't know, Milan."

"Do you love me?" I asked and she looked up at me surprised.

"Of course I do!"

"And I love you, so much more than I ever thought I could love somebody, so why wait, Ry? We have Marliegh and Marshy as witness, two beautiful flower girls, and a handsome little ring bearer. The stars are lining up pretty perfectly here, if you ask me."

"This is crazy, Milan." Ry protested and I licked my lips.

"I know it's crazy, Ry, but doesn't that sum up our entire relationship? You make me crazy, Rylan Carter, and I don't want to wait another day to call you my wife."

“Alright...” she nodded.

“Are you serious!?” I smiled.

“Yeah, let’s do it!” she smiled back.

“I love you so much!” I leaned forward to kiss her.

“I love you, too.” She laughed into the kiss.

Rylan

“You’re doing WHAT?!” Marliegh screamed as I told her the big news.

“I know it’s crazy-“

“Damn right, it’s crazy! What are you two thinking?”

“We’re thinking that we’re in love and we should stop punishing ourselves for our past mistakes.” I frowned, “I thought you’d be happy for us.”

“I am happy for you, Ry, this is just… not what I was expecting from you two.”

“I know, it sounds more like a move from Marshy and you.” I smirked.

“Stop stealing our thunder.” Mar laughed.

“You’ll still be part of it, I hope?” I asked and she smiled at me.

“Of course I’ll be your Maid of Honor!” she hugged me.

“Oh, no, I was going to ask if Evelyn would be a flower girl with Val and Easton would be the ring bearer.” I said with a serious tone and she pulled back, staring at me in shock.

“You better be kidding, you bitch.” She pointed a finger at me.

“Ugh, fiiine!” I said dramatically.

“Rylan Elizabeth.” She warned and I laughed.

“In all seriousness though, will you, Marliegh Lynn Marchand, be my Maid of Honor?”

“Yes I will. And yes, you may borrow my kids.” Marliegh smile and I laughed.

“Thank you, Sis.”

“I love you, Ry. I really am happy for you and Milan.” She smiled sincerely.

“Thanks Mar. I love you, too.” I hugged her.

"Now, if we're done with this little love fest, we have to track down a wedding dress in Vegas." Mar smirked pulling away and I chuckled.

"Shouldn't be too hard, right?"

Milan

“I can’t believe you and Ry are finally getting married-And in Vegas!” Brad laughed and straightened out his tie in the mirror.

“You can’t believe it? How do you think I feel?”

“You’ve already done the wedding thing once.” Brad smirked at me over his shoulder and I shot him a disapproving look.

“Wow, that’s hilarious, you dick.” I rolled my eyes as he laughed again.

“I’m sorry. In all seriousness, though, how are you feeling?”

“I’m nervous. I thought there would be less pressure, but I feel like there’s more now.”

“You’ll be fine. You’re up there with the one you love.” He reminded me and I smiled at the thought of Ry walking down the aisle.

“Is everyone ready?” someone who worked in the building popped into the room.

“Yep.” Brad nodded and we both followed the girl into the chapel and down the aisle.

“How is she?” I asked the girl about Rylan.

“She’s a bit nervous, but she’s excited. She’s beautiful, you’re a lucky guy.” She smiled and walked back down the aisle to get the girls.

The music started and I sucked in a breath, the butterflies erupting in my stomach.

This is it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well hello there, lovelies! Nicole here, and I finally got the time to write this first chapter up.

I will be heading off to college in a month, and so I probably won't have a lot of free time to catch up on this. This series won't be as long as Never Told You or All Your Life, but it will be a tiny look into Milan and Rylan's married life.

Anyways, I hope you guys like it!! I love your comments, so leave me some to read! :D
MWUAHH!!! <3
Nicole xx