Status: probs won't even edit this every Sunday, it'll be all weirdo bc school is in full swing holla

Finding Atlas

SEVENTEEN

Image
I was probably going sixty seven on the highway as I sped in the direction of Atlas's house. It wasn't even as if I'd planned on going, but more like my heart fell through and I knew what I had to do. I knocked on the door three times before I heard the quick and light sound of steps coming down the stairs. As the door opened, I expected to see an exhausted Atlas, but I saw a little girl of no more than five years old.

"Who're you?" she asked, and I was honestly stumped. Then I remembered Atlas mentioning his sisters. Just when I was about to answer, a voice called out, "Tess, how many times have I told you not to answer the door?"

The little girl, Tess, turned bright pink as she mumbled an apology and turned into Atlas, her arms curling around his waist. He ruffled her hair before turning to me.

It was so odd seeing how relaxed Atlas was around his little sister, despite how evidently worn he looked. His eyes held a light in them that looked as though they could never be distinguished.

"Hey," I said quietly, not really knowing what else I could say since I'd been avoiding him.

"What're you doing here?" He asked, his arm still wrapped around Tess, her head still burrowed in his side.

"I guess I just wanted to drop by and see how you were doing," I shrugged as I wrapped my sweater closer towards me, the brisk, cool wind biting at my skin. Atlas scoffed.

"Tess, why don't you go find Alexis?" She pouted before he raised his eyebrow, then rushed back up the stairs.

"She's cute," I mention. Her eyes are exactly like Atlas's, big and blue and full of light, surrounded by full lashes.

"Don't—you don't get to do that to me." Atlas said, raising his voice just a little bit.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Seriously? Just last week you told that I wasn't being fair to you or to myself, and now you're at my doorstep asking me how I am? You said it yourself, Andromeda. You aren't being fair, to yourself or to me."

"Atlas," I said, hoping too offer something to clarify, but I fell short with nothing.

"No. You can't do that. I'm sorry." And the door closed, just like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
YIKES OH MY GOD HARSH ATLAS
PRAY TELL, DID ANYONE EXPECT THAT FROM HIM?!

AAAAAAND READER QUESTIONS ARE BACK YAY (IF YOU LIKE THEM):
1. do you think that Atlas had the right to tell her that she can't just come seek him out after she told him that she needed time?
2. TESS IS AW OR NAW
3. do you think Rom's gonna keep trying and pushing it with Atlas or let him reach out to her?

YOU GUYS ARE TOO WONDERFUL OKAY I LOVE YOU ALL :*

9.23.13