Status: This is loosely based on my own relationship with my boy from Ft. Hood

To Build a Home

There is a house built out of stone

I was late and Ellen was going to kick my ass. I was supposed to be at the party at 6. It was already pushing 6:15. I sighed as I glanced at my reflection.

“Great” I muttered, “Just my luck.”

Having waist length brown hair was the envy of many girls but the bane of my life. Grabbing a hair tie i attempted to tame the mess before just throwing it up in a ponytail.

i slipped on my vans, tucked my shirt into the waist of my denim shorts and ran out the door.
Ellen’s house was only 3 doors down so it didn’t take long before i was letting myself in. Being Ellen’s best friend for the better part of seven years allowed me certain perks, such as having full access to the house.

As i walked in i wasn’t surprised to already see the floor littered with red cups. i rolled my eyes annoyed knowing that later i was going to be the one cleaning it up. i loved Ellen to death but she had this lovely tendency to get wasted off her ass and be useless in the cleanup process, seeing as she would be stuck in a bathroom puking her guts up.

Squeezing through people I tried to find her. After checking the living room and the kitchen I wandered outside knowing that she was probably somewhere by the pool.

I scanned the deck, eyes flitting over the throngs of people only to find her shamelessly flirting with some guy I didn’t know. I rolled my eyes knowing it would be stupid to interrupt, I turned to go get a drink when I slammed into someone else. Their filled red cup spilling all over my crisp white t-shirt.

“Oh shit I'm so sorry miss,” The person stuttered. “I’ll go find you some napkins…”

He trailed off looking me in the face as if waiting for my name.
I blushed as my eyes finally caught his. Here was the gorgeous guy and I had totally fallen right into him spilling his drink everywhere. Talk about mortification.

“Anna, My names Anna.” I finally said. “But, it’s okay don’t worry about the napkins. If anyone should be apologizing it should be me, I mean I just kind of slammed into you and wasn’t even looking to where I was going and I'm rambling now so I'm just going to shut up”

My blush returning full force as the embarrassment kicked in.
He chuckled before extending his hand.

“James Renner, nice to meet you Anna. I really am sorry I ruined you're shirt.”

“Its okay really,” I said waving it off. “It was coming off anyway it is a pool party.”

He smiled, “Yes, yes it is. I hope to see you around later.”

With a wave he walked off.
I stood there for a moment dazed before I realized what he said him name was.
James Renner… Renner.
With a gasp I stalked off to go find Ellen.

Image

I found her after about 15 minutes. This time she was alone.

“AAANNIEEEEEE!” she shouted launching herself at me.

I laughed smacking her arm.

“god bitch its not even an hour into the party and you're already half wasted,” I joked. “And who the fuck is james renner and why does he have your last name?”

She froze for a moment looking at me.

“How do you know my brothers name?”
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so here we go.