The Sirens Of Jefferson Drive

two.

The group of boys and girls could still hear the dull crash of the waves outside as the newest pop hit blared from their stereo. Everyone was dancing and having a good time, but Ally was particularly having a blast.

Her body swayed back and forth to the music as if it she and the tunes were one. Although her friends wouldn't necessarily call her a party animal, she definitely got out of control when alcohol started pumping through her underage system.

Layla was the only one not dancing because her and her newest love interested, Delilah, were in the back of the room switching off between giggling and making out every few minutes. Caroline and the oldest boy, Rob, were nowhere to be found. It was obvious as to where they were once the group could hear the familiar banging of a headboard hitting the green wall behind it.

Ally's life had been a wreck recently. She had been switching from boy to boy to boy in hope that she would find something nearly as enticing and wonderful as her first love, Bryan. He was everything she wanted in a man, and once he left her she'd been left empty.

Since the room was filled with teenage boys, she danced with each one as much as she could in hope that she'd find something worth going for. From across the carpeted room, Millie could see her friend getting more and more emotionally exhausted.

Being the good friend the redhead was, she excused herself from her dancing partner and dragged Ally out of the wooden door and outside by the hand. Even though this was the best thing for Allyson, she complained anyway. "No, Millie, I was having a good time. Bring me back in the house!"

"Come on, Ally," her dear friend said as she dragged Ally across the sand. "I think you could use a breather."

Ally crashed down just where the water hit the shore and placed her head angrily to her knees. Millie took the spot next to her with a sigh and rubbed her back in condolences. The brunette was the first to speak. "I'm just so tired, you know? This weekend is meant to be a break but I still get caught up in trying to find a new Bryan."

"Well, we can ask them to leave a day early so the four of us can go shopping and have a girl's day. How does that sound, love?" Millie smiled through her soft words. Ally nodded in agreement with a smile plastered on her own face and gave her friend a big hug. She tackled Millie to the sandy floor in the humongous size of the hug.

The friendly moment was broke by a blue glow just a few feet from where the two friends were sitting. The two perked their heads up in curiosity as the glow moved closer and closer to the shore that hit their feet.

Ally was the first one to get up and drag Millie to her feet. Neither pair of eyes ever left the wondrous glow as they moved. Ally's jaw dropped as she moved a bit further into the water to get a better look. "What the hell is that, Mil?"

"Get out of the water!" Millie whisper-yelled to her curious friend. "You have no idea what that is, Ally, get the hell back here!"

Just as Millie's words left her mouth, a girl so beautiful it hurt came out of the water. She smirked in the girls' direction as the beauty moved her wet, brown locks out of her face, which revealed her stunning blue eyes and magnificent red lips.

Although Ally and Millie wanted to help the stranded girl, words could not physically leave their lips. The girl was approaching so quickly at this point it seemed unnatural; almost as if she had fins for legs.

Without a single word transferred between the mysterious girl and the friends, she came right up to Ally's legs and tapped it ever so gently. Although the tap was gentle, the pain was so extreme that Ally fell to the watery floor and screamed in agony.

Millie's eyes widened like saucers as she ran to help her screaming friend. Before either of them could look back at the dangerous woman, she had disappeared as if she had never been there in the first place. The only remaining remnant of her was a pointer-finger size burn imprinted on Allyson's fair skinned leg.

All of the people inside ran out as a reaction to Ally's tortured screams. Even a half naked Caroline and Rob ran out in hopes of helping their injured friend. Caroline was the first one to talk. "What the hell happened. Allyson, are you okay?!"

"A girl just came up out of the fucking water and burned Allyson," Millie said as she frantically tried to carry her hurt friend out of the water.

Caroline rapidly inspected the burn but stopped the moment the words came out of her redheaded friends mouth. "Are you guys drunk enough to have seen a little jellyfish as a girl? I'm sure it hurts but it looks like nothing more than a sting. Let's get inside and put some vinegar on it."

"No, Caroline you don't understand," Ally responded as she limped alongside Millie and Caroline. "There was a glow in the water just a couple of yards away from us and then this girl came out. A living, breathing human girl!"

Layla chuckled behind Ally as she helped her up the wooden steps that lead into the house. "You are more drunk than I thought."

Nobody believed the sight that Millie and Ally so clearly saw. But if it wasn't a jellyfish, and it wasn't a girl, what could the sting have possibly been? Was it alcohol talking, or was the sight really there?
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY FOR THE WAIT LOVELY READERS! I promise things will start picking up again. But what do you guys think of the sight the girls saw??