I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

Two weeks before graduation.

Pt. 19
F.F. 2 weeks before graduation.

“Gee?” I asked after I knew he picked up.

“Ry…what’s wrong?”

“I need a favor.”

“What?”

“A pregnancy tests.”

“What?” He whispered.

“You heard me.”

“Rylee Michelle Smith are you pregnant?”

“I don’t know why do you think I need the tests doofus?”

“Oh yea right…I’m going bye.”

“Bye.” I hung up and started to sob softly. I had been throwing up lately and I knew I wasn’t sick. I was 99% positive that I was pregnant and that wouldn’t be too good. Gerard was like a brother to me over the years. He was awesome and I didn’t want Frank to know if he had a kid because I didn’t know how he’d react and my mom would make us move and he would never see it anyways. I was, needless to say, scared to death. It only took Gerard ten minutes to get it and come over.

“Go pee now.”

“I’m going, I’m going.” I said walking into the bathroom. Mom and dad were out of town again. Sasha was running an errand with Bekah. Bekah’s mom ended up transferring her to Belleview High after a couple of days of her arriving. Lucy went back to England. Mallory went back to North Carolina. Ray told me the other day that he was planning on proposing to Aimee. They’ve been together for almost two years. Lobita and Mikey are so very in love. It’s so sweet. Bob and Andrea are dating. That’s sweet too. He keeps acting like he’s going to propose. I thinki even caught him looking at rings in the jewerly store. Gerard asked me if he could marry Sasha and I said yes but now I’m not sure if he’ll get the chance. Eyeball records said they would get back to us on the record deal. They never did, sadly. At least they haven’t yet. I peed on the test strips, and walked out of the bathroom.

“Well?”

“You gotta wait a couple of minutes. I can’t look you do it.”

“I’m not touching those!”

“I’ll open them you read.”

“Fine.” A couple of minutes past and I opened them without looking.

“Gee! Read them already!” I yelled from across the house. I couldn’t stand to see his face or any of it.

“Numero uno says POSITIVE!”

“Oh, Lord.” I muttered to myself.

“Numero Dos says POSITIVE!”

“Oh dear, God.” I muttered a little louder.

“And Numero Tres says POSITIVE! YOU’RE GOING TO BE A MOM!”

“OH NO!” Don’t get me wrong. I want to have kids but my mom is going to find out and it will be bye-bye Belleview.

“What?!” Gerard yelled. I started walking towards him.

“Gee, my mom will find out and she will make us move. You can’t tell Frankie ok? Please don’t tell him. I’m begging you!”

“Ok, ok I promise but don’t you think he deserves to know that he’s going to be a dad?”

“Not now. If I can ever see him again I will tell him but you have to promise to me that you will never tell him ever.”

“I promise.”

“You can’t tell anyone.”

“Seriously?”

“Not even Sasha.”

“Rylee?”

“I’m being dead serious here.”

“Fine. I won’t tell unless you want me too.”

“I don’t want you to now.”

“Ok…”

“Thanks Gee, I owe you one.” I said while grabbing a lighter that Frank had left at my house and walking outside to the sidewalk.

“You don’t owe me a thing. What are you doing?”

“Burning these.” I said holding up the boxes to the tests.

“Oh…” He trailed off. I’m guessing he knows that he’s not going to be able to marry Sasha now. I feel terrible.

“Gee, I feel awful for this.”

“No, it’s ok. You’re going to be a mom. You’ll make it. I hope to see you after all this though.”

“Yea me too but knowing mom, our bags will be in the car on graduation day and Randy, mom, Sasha, and I will be on our way to the airport.”

“That’s ok. I’ll live. It hurts but nothing beats being a mom I’m sure of it.”

“Adoption papers will be in order too.”

“Oh well this sucks.”

“Yea. Sasha is going to hate me.”

“No she won’t.”

“She knows just as well as I do what mom is going to do. Losing you is the worst thing that could happen to her besides dying. Which will probably come next. I could be killing my sister as we speak.”

“You are not! Don’t ever say that again!”

“Ok…” I replied hanging my head in defeat. I was being hysterical.

“Rylee…it’s going to be ok…I promise.”

“Thanks…”

“Now that we’re thinking about you leaving. And Sasha coming with you. And Sasha being my girlfriend and all and the fact that if she has never had sex before me that she’s a virgin and all-“

“Gee, I want her first time to be special and that means it has to be with you but I wouldn’t advise you to have sex with her tonight. Maybe the night before graduation. I’m giving you permission.”

“Thanks Rylee. You’re an awesome sister to her.”

“I’m not anymore. If she finds out…act surprised so that she won’t get mad at you for not telling her. I don’t want y’all to have problems.”

“Thanks for the advise. You need somebody to hang out with?”

“Sasha will be back any minute. I’ll tell her you want to spend more time with her. I’ll call Frank. I’m gonna be ok…I think.”

“You will…I can promise you that.”

“Thanks Gee!” I yelled after him as he walked towards his house.

“You’re welcome!” He yelled back, waving. Just as he was going into his house Sasha and Bekah drove up in my drive way.

“Sasha?”

“Yea?”

“Gee, was just here asking for you. He says he wants to spend more time with you.”

“Aw thanks.” She replied as she skipped happily over to Gerard’s house.

“Sup with you?”

“Nothing…”

“Tell me…I’ve known you sinve kintergarden and I know when something is up or not.”

“Bekah…come with me and I’ll write it to you.”

“Wow this is pretty bad isn’t it.” I just nodded in reply and walked into the house trying to find a piece of paper. I finally found one and wrote ‘I’m pregnant.’ on it.

“OH MY FRANKING GERARD! SWEETIE!” She yelled hugging me to pieces.

“It’s not that good.”

“What? You’re going to be a mom and Frank…Frank is the father right?”

“Of course Frank’s the father.”

“Well Frankie’s going to be a daddy! We need make some calls.”

“NO! Bekah…nobody can know…mom is going to find out and make us move. It’s better if nobody knows. Gerard knows ‘cause he had to read the tests to me. Only you and Gee know. If Frankie finds out I don’t know what will happen. Don’t tell a living or dead soul!”

“Alright. I promise.”

“Thank you.” I breathe. I start to cry uncontrollably. Bekah just sat beside me and rubbed my back soothingly knowing that there was really nothing that she could do but be there for me. I finally stopped and Bekah had an idea that would cheer me up or so she says.

“We should go and take pictures of you and Frankie!”

“Where?”

“Under the tree outside the school building. Ya know? The one that weeping willow that has pure white blosoms on it?”

“That is the most prettiest tree ever.”

“I know so call Frankie and let’s go.”

“Sure.” I said as I reached for my cellphone and called Frank. I explained all about the pictures and he agreed. Such a camera whore he is. Haha. Frank came over and we all piled in Bekah’s car. We drove to the school and piled right back out.

“Ok now go over there and pose together. I need something out of my car.”

“Ok…” I trailed off as me and Frank posed. We faced each other and he put his arm around me back and I put mine around his. Bekah came back with a black rose.

“That’s perfect just both of you hold this rose and look down at it with sorrow.” I gave her a look and we did as we were told. She brought her camera up and snapped the picture. It was a big professional digital camera. She wanted to be a photographer one day.

“Let me see.” I commanded. She held it out to me and I took it. I looked at the picture and lost my breath. It was in black and white. The blosoms of the tree were trying to hide us but it couldn’t do the job. It looked like a picture that belonged in a magazine. It was magnificent!

“Wow Bekah!” Frank spoke first.

“This is breath taking!” I screamed hugging her.

“Thanks guys.” I looked up at Frank and Bekah and then realized that I was going to miss them too much for my own good.