I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

Avoiding problems.

pt. 33
Rylee’s P.O.V.

I packed and walked out. I was avoiding my problems…yep that’s what I was doing but I didn’t care. I couldn’t face Gerard now…how could I? Anyways, that lady, receptionist person had to take me to the airport so I wouldn’t run away. Stupid people. They treat me like a prisoner. We boarded the plane. I put my ipod in my ears and waited for the plane to land. It finally did and my mom yet again, greeted me.

“Do I have to be escorted everywhere?”

“Yes…” I scowled at my mother. We drove straight to the rehab center. I honestly hated these places. We didn’t have the same name episode, my mom immediately told them my name.

“Rylee Smith.”

“Come with me.” She led me to a room with one bed.

“I get my own room?”

“Yes…”

“That rocks.”

“Yea I guess.” I set up yet again and plopped down on my bed. I was planning my escape.

Frank’s P.O.V.

Eyeball Records has signed us and we are now doing our first record. We are going to get Gerard’s voice on it later seeing as he is in rehab at the moment. I need to visit him. I hopped in my car and drove towards the center.

“Dude you will never guess who I seen here.”

“Who?”

“Rylee.”

“Rylee who?”

“Rylee Smith.”

“I have no idea who you are talking about.” I said not wanting to remember. I had just now allowed myself to forget her.

“You’re an idiot. She wouldn’t even talk to me. She avoided me and then transferred the next morning. She knew I was here and-“

“Shut up Gee. I don’t want to remember her! I have a good life right now. Jamia and I are doing really good and we’re getting signed to Eyeball Records! My life is finally going good!”

“Frank, you can’t forget your soul mate. You can’t forget her with the way that you think about her all the time. How you watch that video every night. How you repeat her name in your sleep without realizing it. You love her, Frank. I know you do. Jamia even does. We all know that you care about Rylee and that you still love her. You just can’t admit it. You are a complete idiot if you came over here and thought that I wasn’t going to talk about Sasha in the least. If you don’t want to talk about it then leave.”

“Bye. I’ll see you later.”

“You’re avoiding your problems just like she is!” He called after me. I didn’t reply. I just got in my car and drove home to be with myself and think.

Gerard’s P.O.V.

Frank was just here. I couldn’t believe it. They’re doing the exact same thing! Frank wants somebody to love and he knows he can’t have Rylee so he hides it by being with Jamia like a fill in or rebound girl! Rylee wants to be with Frank and made a bad decision by letting him go but I guess it just hurt too much to be carrying his baby and not be able to have him there. I know they love each other but I can’t do anything to help! I’m helpless, especially in this stupid rehab center. At least I know Rylee’s alive so I still can’t tell Frank why she left.

Rylee’s P.O.V.

I miss Sara and Anthony. I regret transferring now. I could’ve met up with Gerard and seen Frank again. Now I’m on my own in my own little room all alone. I don’t want to be by myself. I miss all of them but the one I miss most is Frank. I really wish I could call him. I guess I could but I’m scared. I’m avoiding my problems and I know it. I want to be back in my high school years, with Frank, Gerard, Mikey, Bob, Ray, and even Sasha when she wasn’t mad at me. I miss everybody and I’ve run away from everything and look where I’ve ended up: alone in a rehab center dorm thing, recovering from self-harm and pregnancy. I wish I never left. I thought. I ended up crying. I found a piece of mirror on the floor. I picked it up and dug it deep. That’s what got me here but I was determined to get out.

“Come on Rylee lunch time.”

“Ok…?”

“I’m Tori. You can eat with me. I’m alone in here anyway.”

“Thanks…” We went to the cafeteria thing and ate.

“So…”

“Do they have alarms around here?”

“Yep…no guards though just alarms. Nobody has ever been able to disarm the place. You have to be excellent in computers.”

“That I am…”

“Yea well…a lot of other people thought that too.”

“We need other people to try to disarm it so I can find out how to do it myself.”

“Yea…I want to do it with you.”

“Ok…we just need to get people that think they’re good at computers to try and disarm it. I need to tag along with them too, so I can see how the thing works. I can do it.”

“We’ll see. I’m willing to try anything. I want out of here.”

“Just make sure you have a place to go. I have one but you might need one because as nice as Lucy is I’m not sure if she’ll put you up.”

“Ok…”

“Let’s do it.” The bell rang for lunch to be over and I went back to my room.