Status: New, slow on updates. The more comments I get the faster I'll write! :P

Zombie Apocalypse Princess

Found

"Mommy!" a girl's voice cried.
"Mom!!" a boy's voice yelled.

"What is it baby? What- oh my gosh, SHANE!!" a woman's voice yelled.

I groaned. These people were loud as hell, where am I? I started to lift my arm and try to pull my self up when I heard the cocking of a gun. That's when I decided it wasn't safe to get up, at least until my mind cleared. I searched through my head, trying to remember what happened.

Oh yeah, the world went to hell and these people think I'm one of the dead. Ohhhhh snap, better fix that quick.

I raised my arms up.

"Not dead! I'm good! No need to waste the bullet!" i groaned, turning and sitting on my butt.

Looking around, there were two women holding their kids close to them and a man with a gun pointed at my head.

"C'mon bro. " I said, reaching up and pushing the gun away. "I said I'm not dead. They don't talk retard."

I started digging through my bag. I was sooo thirsty. The gun was cocked again.

"Seriously?" I said, glaring up at him.

His jaw was set, expression hard.

"What are you doing here? You bit?" he asked.

"Nope. I'm good." I replied opening my bottle and took a drink, only to find it empty.

"Then what's that?" he said.

"Aww... man..." I muttered, turning my bottle upside down, very sad in the fact that I was out of water.

"Hey!"

"What?"

"I asked you a question."

"Oh."

"..."

"...."

"So what is it?"

"What is what?" i asked, confused.

"That!" he growled, pointing with his gun at my wound.

"Oh! stab wound." i replied, digging through my bag again.

"...."

I looked back at him. He looked dumbfounded, as well as the two women.

"...what?"

"How'd you get stabbed?" The dark haired women asked.

"Stabbed myself." i said, pulling my scarf out of my bag and tied knots into it with difficulty, trying not to move my dislocated shoulder.

"Why?" the guy asked, in awe.

"To calm myself." i said, wrapping the makeshift sling around my arm and shoulder. "I have really bad anxiety attacks so I have to make myself level headed again. That way I don't do something stupid and get myself killed."

"So... you stab yourself...?" the dark haired woman gaped.

"Yep." I said, grabbing onto a nearby tree to hoist myself up. "Do you guys happen to have food and water? I ran out a few days ago."

"Uh... y-yeah, sure c'mon." the dark haired woman replied.

I attempted to follow but ended up face first in the dirt.

"Ouch." I said, ppulling myself up with the help of the dark haired woman and the grey haired woman.

They helped me limp my way into the center of their camp, near the fire. Slowly, I was lowered onto the nearest log.

"thanks." i said, setting my bag by my feet.

"I'm Lori." the dark haired woman said.

"Ariel." I replied.

"That's cute. It goes well with your hair." the other lady said quietly.

I grinned. "Thanks"

"I'm Carol." she replied.

A few others around the camp gathered to see what was up. A muscly black guy came up with a pair of blonde girls.

"What happened?" he asked Lori.

"Carl and Sophia found her in the woods. She's hurt. Could you grab me the med kit from the RV?" Lorii said.

"I'll grab it." the younger of the blondes said.

The other blonde took a seat next to me, while Lori sat in front of me, washing some of the dirt and blood from my arms and face.

"So what's with the fancy sling." the older blonde asked, nodding to my green scarf.

"Dislocated my shoulder trying to get away from the dead." I replied.

She winced.

"Well, I'm Andrea." she said.

"Ariel." I replied.

"Like the little mermaid?" she asked, looking over my hair and wardrobe.

I nodded.

"That's cool. Did your parents purposely name you that?" she asked.

"Here you go." the younger blonde said, handing Lori the kit.

"Thank you, Amy." Lori replied.

Amy took a seat next to Andrea, listening in.

"Kind of. My mom's favorite fairy tale had always been the little mermaid." I replied. "So she named me after her, not realizing I was going to take the ball I was given and run with it."

"That's cool!" Amy said. "So what's your natural hair color?"

"I actually have no clue. " I laughed.

They laughed too.

"Ariel, we are going to have to cut the leg of your jeans. Your thigh is too swollen to pull them off." Lori said.

I shrugged. "Alright. Here."

I handed her my mermaid scissors. She took them and started to cut the thighs of my skinny jeans. By the time she was done, I barely had any material up top.

"Man, my first pair of booty shorts!" i said, wiggling my ass and making them laugh.

"Oh, girl that's sexy!" Amy laughed.

"Well, well, well. Look what we got 'ere." a gruff voice came.

I turned to see a red neck guy in his late 30's with dirty jeans, a white wife beater and a worn leather vest come walking out of the woods. Behind him was a younger guy about in his mid 20's wielding a cross bow and several squirrels on a rope over his shoulder. His jeans were dirty as well and he was wearing a dark tank top.

"Who's this cutie?" the older guy continued, coming closer.

Andrea wrapped an arm around my shoulders and had me face toward the fire again so Lori could patch up my thigh.

"Never mind, Merle." Andrea replied.

"Aw c'mon sugar tits. I ain't replacin' ya. Jus' wanna meet the new girl." he said, coming around to sit on the log next to me.

"What happened to ya, sweet cheeks?" he asked.

"Stabbed myself..." i muttered, keeping my eyes on Lori's hands as she cleaned the wound with water.

"well, look who's billy bad ass over here!" Merle grinned.

I ignored him.

She pulled out a can of disinfecting spray.

"This is going to sting a little, you ready?" Lori warned.

I gripped Andrea's arm and nodded. She shook the can and sprayed.

"SON OF A BITCH!!! OH MY-" I screamed as a hand was clapped over my mouth.

"Shut up, girl." a voice hissed in my ear. "You tryin' ta git us killed?"

My eyes were watery but I looked up and glared at the asshole anyway. It was the guy that was with Merle. I bit his hand hard. He yanked it away. I spit and wiped my tongue.

"ewwww." i whined.

He smirked.

"serves ya right." he said.

"Asshole." I growled. "Why'd you do that?"

"You were gonna bring a whole pack a walkers on us with yer howlin'." he replied.

"It hurt!" I countered weakly.

He just shook his head.

"C'mon, Merle. We gotta skin an gut these." he said, walking off.

"Right behind ya, little brother." Merle replied, chuckling.

I sighed and watched Lori finish wrapping my leg. She was about to throw my skinny jean legs into the fire when I stopped her.

"I can use these." I said, taking them.

She shrugged.

"Alright." she replied, putting everything back into the kit and bringing over to the RV.

"So, what do you guys do for fun around here?" I asked.

They shrugged.

"First we might want to fix your arm." Andrea said.

I winced.

"No... it's okay." I replied, cradling it close to me.

"Ariel, we have to get that fixed." Amy said.

"Git what fixed?" Merle's brother said, walking over with the skinned squirrels on a spit.

"Nothing." i said.

"Ariel's shoulder is dislocated." Amy replied.

"Amy..." i growled.

"WHat? Daryl's the only one I know that know's how to do it properly. I mean, he did it for Carl when he fell out of that tree." Amy said, shrugging.

I looked over at Daryl, who set the spit over the fire and came to sit down next to me.

"Lemme see." he said, reaching for my arm.

"No, no really. It's fine. I-OW!" i yelped as he squeezed my shoulder softly.

"Yep, that's dislocated." he said, pulling my arm out of the sling.

I winced as he lifted my arm slightly.

"Yer gonna have'ta uh... take off yer shirt." he muttered, his face pinking a little.

My face drained of color.

"what..?" i squeaked.

"Ya heard me. Take yer shirt off." he said, impatient.

I bit my lip and shakily slid my teal colored shirt over my head with Andrea's help. Daryl examined my shoulder, trying not to eye my chest.

"It's a little red. Dislocated fer sure." he announced.

"How do we fix it?" I asked weakly.

"I'm gonna slowly push yer-" Daryl started.

"never mind" i said, closing my eyes. "Just do it please."

"alright. I need ya to relax an focus on relaxin' yer muscles." he said.

I exhaled slowly and focused.

"ya ready?" he asked.

I nodded.

He slowly started to bend my arm at the elbow and bring it slowly to my chest. I winced but tried to keep relaxed. The slight pulling was hurting but i tried to focus on it, ignoring the pulling sensation. Suddenly I felt my shoulder jolt and there was a twinge of pain followed by a rush of relief. My whole body relaxed and I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding.

"Better?" Daryl asked.

I opened my eyes, looking into his. They were a striking crystal blue. I nodded numbly, staring into them. He looked away and straightened, clearing his throat.

"Uh, here ya go." he said, handing me my shirt.

"Thanks." I replied, pulling my shirt over my head.

"Yer gonna want to keep yer arm in a sling fer a while."

"Okay, thanks Daryl." i said, smiling softly.

He grunted and walked off.

I looked over at Amy and Andrea, who were grinning.

"what?" i asked.

They shook their heads and Amy stood.

"I'll get you that sling." she said, walking to the RV.

Andrea and I sat by the fire, watching the squirrels cook. When Amy came back and we got the sling in place, they took me on a tour of the camp.

"This is the RV, where Amy, Dale and I sleep. That's Lori, Shane's and Carl's tent. That's T-Dog, his tent is over there. You met the Dixon's; Daryl and Merle. Their tent is here. This is Carol, Ed and Sophia's little camp site. This is Morales and his family. They have their camp here. Fire wood, um, food supply and i think that's it!" Andrea concluded the tour.

It was a cute little camp. I was glad to have been welcomed so warmly into it.

At dinner time, we all sat around the fire and talked. I was introduced to everyone, explained my story for my name and style. All and all it was a mellow day.

Everyone started cleaning up and going to bed. That's when I realized I didn't have a place to sleep. I walked over to Andrea who was talking to Amy.

"Hey Andrea?" i asked, biting my lip.

"What's up?" she replied.

"Uh... I'm not sure where i should sleep..?" i said.

"Oh! I totally forgot! Wait here." she said, walking over to the RV and going inside.

I waited by the fire, thinking about my family. I figured they weren't alive. They couldn't be. They lived in Atlanta. I saw Atlanta. It was bad. I barely got out once I had realized it was overrun.

"Hey Ariel! Dale said you could bunk with us in the RV." Andrea said, walking over to me.

"Really? Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course! You can share the futon with me." she said, leading the way to the RV.

Inside the RV was a table and bench, a small kitchenette, a bathroom with a small shower and a bedroom in the back with two twin beds. Dale was pulling back the comforter of one of them and Amy was laying down, reading a book.

"Hey, Ariel. Welcome aboard!" Dale said with a smile.

I smiled back. "Thanks for having me."

"No problem, we've got plenty of room." he replied and went back to what he was doing.

Andrea and I set up the futon. Turns out you could move the table and pull the bench out to make a decent sized futon. Normally, only one person would fit but since Andrea and I were fairly small, we would have plenty of room. We grabbed blankets and pillows out of the closet across from the bathroom and made up the futon.

"Are you sure you don't mind sharing the futon with me?" I asked.

"It's no problem, Ariel!" Andrea said, shaking her head. "seriously, you're like a twig, I probably wont even notice you're there."

"Okay." I said grinning.

We climbed in and the minute my head hit the pillow, I was out.
END
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and Suggestions are much appreciated! Criticism is welcomed!! :) hope you like!!