Status: New, slow on updates. The more comments I get the faster I'll write! :P

Zombie Apocalypse Princess

Caution

The next morning I woke up before Andrea, so I slowly and quietly made my way to the bathroom. After realizing the shower doesn't work, I grabbed my clothes, shampoo and conditioner and other bathroom things and made my way to the quarry I saw on our tour yesterday. It was a long way down but I made it in good time.

I pulled my shirt off carefully and set it in a pile next to a large rock. I put my sling ontop of it so I wouldn't lose it and removed my shorts before slowly wading out into the water. A sigh escaped my lips as the cool water caressed my skin. This was way better then a muddy pond or shallow creek. I closed my eyes and dunked my head under. I swam around for a little while, enjoying myself.

"Hey!"

I jumped and turned around to see Daryl. He looked angry, but there was also a thin blush across his cheeks. Cute.

"What?" I replied.

"What are ya doin' out here?" he asked.

"Uh... getting clean?"

"well ya can't just come down here by yerself!" he growled. "Git outta the water."

I raised an eyebrow but shrugged and started making my way to shore. I stood and walked over to him. I took the towel he held out and wrapped it around myself, very aware that he was blushing more then before. I giggled and bent to look through my bag for another bra and panties. I glanced back at Daryl who was looking everywhere but at me. I giggled again and pulled my wet bra and panties off without removing my towel and proceeded to put my clean underwear on.

A low whistle came from behind us as Merle appeared out of the woods. Daryl stiffened but stayed where he was. I gripped my towel tighter, my dry bra clutched in my other hand.

"Look what we got here!" Merle chuckled, coming a little too close. "Well, good mornin' sweet cheeks!"

I narrowed my eyes but didn't say anything.

"You wanna come with me somewhere. girly?" he asked, leaning closer. "Don' worry. Ya won't need to get dressed till afterwards!"

I gritted my teeth and examined him. His eyes were blood shot and his pupils were dilated. He was on something. He grabbed my bad arm and I bit the inside of my cheek to hold back the tears.

"What's wrong? Ya turned mute all of a sudden?" he asked, his breath on my face.

I raised my good arm and socked him in the jaw. He stumbled back and my arm went with him. I yelped and my towel came out of my grip.

"Now that's what I'm talking about." Merle said in a husky voice.

I covered my chest, curling into a ball as he advanced.

"Leave her alone Merle." Daryl growled.

I opened my eyes to see him in between us. Merle chuckled.

"Want her all to yer self , huh? Don' worry, little brother, I'll share." he replied reaching for me.

Daryl shoved him back.

"She's hurt, Merle." Daryl said. "An if anyone sees ya down here, they'll kick us outta camp. Ya know they don' like us much."

"Alright, brother." Merle said "I'll leave'er alone till she heals."

He walked away chuckling. Daryl crouched down to my level.

"Ya okay?" he asked.

I nodded and wrapped the towel tighter around me. Daryl examined my shoulder.

" It's Bruised..." he said, scowling. "Sorry. I didn' think he'd act like that."

"S'okay." I mumbled, standing carefully.

Daryl's sharp intake of breath had me confused until I followed his gaze toward my thigh. It was bleeding profusely. I pulled away the bandage and winced.

"Who wrapped yer wound?" he asked.

"Lori"

"Git dressed." he said "Then I'll look at it."

I nodded and got dressed in a purple tank top and a pair of green plaid shorts as Daryl turned his back to me.

"Okay."

He turned around and motioned for me to sit on the rock. I did and he knelt near me, looking at my cut. He put a hand on each side of my thigh, making me blush slightly and pulled the cut open. I hissed and bit into my knuckle.

"sorry." he mumbled.

He pulled at it for a little bit and then stood up. Without warning he scooped me up and grabbed my things, placing them into my lap. I blushed like crazy while he carried me back up to the camp. He set me down by the fire as everyone gathered around, wanting to know what happened.

"Git me the first aid." Daryl said.

Someone handed it to him and he opened it up, pulling out a needle and thread. I started to panic.

"W-what are you doing??" I asked, my breath shortening.

"I gotta stitch it." he replied.

I started to hyperventilate. Andrea put her hand on my shoulder.

"Ariel, calm down." she said in a soothing voice.

I couldn't focus, I had the urge to get my knife out of my bag and stab myself again. I started digging through my bag frantically, trying hard to keep breathing.

"What are ya doin'?" Daryl asked

"she's having an anxiety attack." Carol replied.

I felt hands grab me but I continued to reach for my knife. Once I got it out I flicked it open and thrust it downward, feeling it cut through skin.

Then I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and suggestions appreciated! Criticism welcomed!