Status: R to be safe.

Stay

News

Belle leaned over the toilet as the vomit came out of her mouth. Continuing to heave, the door opened and in walked her best friend, Macy. Macy grabbed Belle’s hair and held it back as some more bile came out. Pulling her head away from the toilet, the blonde croaked thanks out and moved to brush her teeth.

“How long has this been going on?” Macy questioned.

Belle shrugged and rinsed her mouth out. Wiping her face, she answered: “Maybe five or six days.”

Macy bit her lip and leaned against the doorway. “So how long have you and Tristan been married?”

Belle walked out of the bathroom that was joined to her room and sat on her bed. “Three years. Got married when I was nineteen. Neither of our families were real happy about it. My parents refused to even show up because they thought I was too young. His parents flat out hate me.”

Macy nodded, her blonde hair bouncing. “Did you discuss children with him?”

Belle looked at her friend. “Of course. It’d be stupid to get married if we didn’t,” She stated as she pulled her hair into a bun, “we eventually want kids. But it’s not something we’ve considered. Why?”

Macy had a child of her own so she knew the signs of pregnancy. “When was the last time you got your period?”

“Oh it was...” Belle went to answer but trailed off before looking up at Macy, horrified, “The end of September.” Grabbing a pair of boots, Belle shot up still slightly nauseous. “We need to go to Walgreens.”

********************

Belle walked into the bedroom and looked at Macy. “The timer is set. We wait three minutes.”

Macy smiled and touched the tall blonde’s shoulder. “Look, at least you’re married. I’m still not married to Lucas and Justin is three. At least you and Tristan are married.”

Belle looked at her older friend with tears in her eyes. “Yeah but you know Lucas loves you. Sometimes I wonder about Tristan. I know he’s cheated; I can smell the damn perfume on him. I have no idea how he’s going to react.”

Macy smiled sadly and wrapped Belle into a hug. “It’ll all work out.” Belle’s iPhone beeped, signaling the end of the three minutes. Taking a deep breath, she walked into the bathroom to pick up the four tests they bought. Looking at all four, she let out a sigh and walked back into the bedroom.

She laid them on the bed and kept her gaze down. “It says I’m pregnant.”

Macy sucked in a breath and squeezed her friend’s hand. “When do I need to see a doctor?” Belle asked. Not waiting for Macy to answer she grabbed her laptop and googled the question. Finding out that she needed to schedule an appointment right away, she searched for doctors. After calling and getting the date she should go, she looked up at her best friend.

“Do you want me to come with you?” Belle nodded her head and glanced at the clock.

“I’m really tired. So I’ll see you Thursday? Want to meet me there?” Macy nodded and said her goodbyes before leaving. Belle put the tests in her nightstand drawer and climbed under the covers. Putting a hand on her still flat stomach she began to speak.

“Even though I’m scared, I will take care of myself so you can have a chance in this crazy world. Even though I’m scared, I love you already. Even though I’m scared, I will try to be the best mother I possibly can.”

********************

Belle wiped her eyes as tears spilled over and she wrapped Macy in a hug. “Thanks for going with me.”

Macy smiled. “It’s no problem, hun. But you need to tell Tristan now.”

She nodded and waved to her friend as they both got into their cars. It was nearly four-thirty and Tristan normally got home around six. She didn’t have much time to cook, so she stopped by her favorite Chinese restaurant and put in an order for both of their favorites. By the time she got back to her house she had about ten minutes. Setting the bag of food down, she slipped out of her flats and jacket. The door opened and she turned around to see her husband. He pulled off his jacket and walked over to her, placing a kiss on her forehead.

“Chinese?” Tristan asked as he reached in the bag.

“Yep.” Tristan raised an eyebrow.

“Any news?” He asked as he sat down and opened his container up.

Belle sat down as well and tried to keep the shock of her face. “Why do you say that?”

He shrugged. “We ate Chinese the night you found out you were graduating from UCLA with honors, we ate Chinese the night I booked us a vacation to Rome, we ate Chinese the night you found out Phillip was in the hospital. Love, we eat Chinese for good and bad news.”

Belle sat her fork down, she couldn’t use chopsticks to save her life. Deciding to do it like a band-aid, she blurted it out. “I’m pregnant.”

Good thing Tristan didn’t have any food in his mouth or else he would have choked on it.

“Pregnant?”

Belle bit her lip and nodded. “Yep. Went to the doctor today.”

He let a smile overtake him and let out the stereotypical: “I’m going to be a father?”

She nodded and took a sip of her water. “I’m about six weeks.”

Tristan sat for a moment before standing up and giving his wife a long kiss. “Do we need anything? What can’t you have? Any cravings?”

Belle laughed as Tristan questioned her. “Sit down and eat,” She commanded, “and I need prenatal vitamins. Too early for any cravings. And no sushi, alcohol, coffee, or cigarettes.”

“You don’t even smoke.”

Belle shrugged. “Either way. I just need to be as healthy as possible, but not worry too much about appearance. I’m going to get fat.”

Tristan smiled. “You’ll still be beautiful.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Belle

Image
"It says I'm pregnant."

Image
"I'm going to be a father?"