Status: I'll post whenever!

Dance Colors Our Life and Makes It Bright Again

I'll Be By Your Side Whenever You Fall

"Arms up girls, you're reaching for the stars, not for the bag of chips on the middle shelf in your pantry." I call out as my ballet class runs through their number for the recital.

I smooth back any stray hairs that might be sticking out under my bun as I continue to watch them.

"Vera, keep that leg straight when you do those cabrioles! How many time do I have to tell you?"

I walk around them and they twirl, lift and toss each other until they're finished. I walk up to the oldest of my girls and put my arms on her shoulders. "Monica, what do we do with our shoulders?"

Out of breath, she lets her arms drop to her sides and sighs. "Arms up, shoulders down."

"That's right. So why should I have to remind you about your posture if you've been here for about, what? 9 years now?"

She stares down at her fingers and doesn't speak so I walk away back to the front of the room.

"Gosh, why's she being such a bitch this week?" I hear whisper. I roll my eyes.

"Monica, go to the back of the room and do planks."

"Why?" She snaps.

"Well for one, we don't curse in here. Two, because I'm your instructor, when I tell you to do something you do it without question. And three, I don't have time for your crappy attitude today. Now go."

She sighs again and makes her way to the back of the room to do her planks.

I rub my temples as I turn around to look in the mirror. I sigh at my weighed down appearance and cross my arms over my chest. I'm a fucking mess. Dark circles under my eyes hidden by tons of makeup, beneath my leotard I have a big bruise on my side from my dad hitting me last night, and I'm on edge at all hours now that I'm home because I don't know when he'll try to hurt me next.

I close my eyes for a moment before turning back to my students and putting on a fake smile.

"Aside from the couple of slip ups we had that shouldn't have happened, you guys did fantastic today. I can't wait for dress rehearsal so you guys can practice your numbers in your costumes. That's all I have to say today, you guys can go home."

They all curtsy at me before shuffling out of the room and as I make my way out of the room I turn to Monica, peeking my head through the door. "You can leave now too."

I walk over to the front desk to tell Gabby I'm leaving for the day and after changing back into sweats and a jacket, I walk out to Richie's car. My dad took my car keys so I've been left rideless. I toss my things onto the floor in front of me in his two seated sports car and he pulls out of the parking spot.

We ride in comfortable silence for a while, allowing me to think to myself a little. Maybe I am taking it out on my girls a little bit. Maybe I am working them too hard. I lean my head against the window. I am kinda am being a bitch.

"Let me see that bruise again?" Richie turns down the volume on the radio as he speaks, and looks over at me, the glow of the red streetlight on his face as he waits. I sigh. I pull up the hem of my sweatshirt to reveal the purpling bruise the size of my dad's fist. Richie carefully runs his fingers over the tender skin and his face contorts itself in annoyance and anger. He steps on the gas as the light turns green and too soon, we arrive at my house.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to. You can stay with me and Delainey."

I slip on my jacket, sling my big over my shoulder and sigh. I love Richie for looking out for me the way he always does but I just can't stay with him.

I give him a sad smile and rest my hand on his arm.

"Thanks Richie, but you're going to visit your family tonight before you come back for the concert."

"They'd understand..."

"I can't keep you from that pudge. And plus, this is the only way I get to spend time with Sam. Tay and Ethan'll be back really soon, I'll be fine. I promise." I stick out my pinky in his direction and he looks at it skeptically. Richie's been really protective of me ever since I told him everything although its starting to get a but annoying, I really appreciate the gesture. He finally latches his pinky with mine and pulls me in for a hug.

"Be safe."

"I will." But it's not really something I can promise..
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one was late! :) I just started my senior year at my new school and besides my last period class which I'm working on getting altered (I'd like to TA for the very beautiful coach teaching the class rather than to run the mile when I already have all my PE credits) I'm really really excited that all my classes are so easy! I have 8 classes. Only 5 need text books, and we're only going to use it in one of them because the rest of my teachers don't believe in textbook learning. My homework assignments will always only ever at most be 10 questions, notes will never be more than an index card I'm allowed to have my phone out in plain sight it 3/8 of said classes, allowed to eat in 5/8 and there is almost no dress code. Plus 7/8 of my teachers are sexy as fuck. Especially PE, Gov/Econ, and Math. <3

WHY DIDN'T I GO TO PREP SCHOOL SOONER.

And to top it off, I got up to nerve to talk to my crush, and he was the first real conversation I've had with anyone since I got here. I was swooning all over the place afterwards and ugh. I just need to stop being so introvert. And be myself. I have this thing about being alone, and even though my favorite (and hottest) teacher was my last period class today (on even days) I had an anxiety attack because I didn't have anyone to talk to. which meant i sat in a curled up liytle ball all alone with everyone doing their own thing, not noticing my existence, meaning I thought about things, meaning I thought horrible things about myself and couldn't stop it, meaning I got even more depressed. But after I explained to coach on the way to football (I water girl HEYY!!) he's made it his goal to make sure I always have a smile on my face :)

Pretty happy:) so I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I loved writing this and I'm loving all the amount views and subscribers I'm getting on this:) how about we raise the comment number ehh? ;)

Love you guys! <3 hope you guys had a great first week of school! (Aside from the anxiety attack) I know I did :)

TELL ME ABOUT YOUR WEEK! I'd love to know how it went for you! I mean, I told you all about mine ;)