Status: I'll post whenever!

Dance Colors Our Life and Makes It Bright Again

There's No Weakness In Forgiveness.

"Kick his ass is what I'd like to do." Ethan takes a hand full of the popcorn that sits on the couch in between us and shoves it into his mouth. "Who the hell does he think he is anyway?"

I shrug and sink into the couch. Ethan was home when I got back from that huge argument with Chase.
He heard me come in and when he came around the corner, I instantly broke down, ran into his, and told him everything.

I moved us over to the couch, made us popcorn and offered to have us watch my favorite movie, Footloose.

But I'm too upset to even pay attention.

I can't believe he'd actually call me that. A slut. A worthless slut nonetheless. I pull my legs against my chest.

I feel my phone vibrate on the armrest as Ethan gets up and tells me he's going to bed. I don't know the number but I read the message.

-can you come outside for a second?

-who is this?

I turn off the tv and take the bowl of popcorn with me as I move to my room.

-just please come outside

-not until you tell me who this is

-I was out of line okay? If I tell you won't come. I think you already know who it is just please.

I slip on my coat and carefully make my way down the stairs and slowly open the door. I shut it softly behind me and turn around to see Chase standing there nervously in nothing more than a pair of pajama pants and some slippers. I forget about my anger walk over to him.

"Are you insane? Why don't you have a jacket on?" I rest my hands on his arms. He's freezing. I take his hand and drag his shivering body with me.

I go up the stairs and just as we're reaching the top I hear footsteps.

"Dan?"

"Shit." I curse under my breath. I push him out of sight of Ethan and turn towards his voice.

"Yea?" I say calmly.

"What'd you go outside for?" I can hear the sleep in his voice. It literally takes him a couple seconds to fall asleep and then he's out like a light, although he's somewhat of a light sleeper.

"Oh, I ... I uh. I just forgot my calculus book in the car is all. Sorry I woke you."

"Oh alright. Goodnight."

I went up the rest of the stairs to where chase was still shivering.

I took his arm again and brought him over to my room. I tossed him the first blanket I could see and sat on my bed. I hugged a pillow to my chest as he sat opposite of me.

"How long we you standing out there like that for?" I asked as his shivering started to go away.

"I dunno, I sat by your car for a few minutes. Maybe an hour?"

"Are you insane?" I repeat?

"Look, I'm sorry about what I said to you earlier Dani. That was way out of line. You aren't worthless and you aren't a slut." He stutters, although I can't exactly tell if its because he's still cold or because he's actually nervous.

"Then why'd you call me that?"

"I don't know. It's hard to explain."

"Well try." I watch him closely as he fidgets his his fingers and fumbles to find the right words.

"Dani?" I hear Taylor's voice call from downstairs. Chase gets up from my bed.

"I better go home." He mutters. He starts walking towards the door but I rush over and wrap my arms around his torso to stop him.

My red flags go up all over at me and I'm mentally arguing with myself. Why are you touching him? But when I hear Taylor coming up the stairs I take his hand and push him behind my bed.

"What--"

"Just stay down and shut up."

"Dani?" Taylor says softly?

"Oh hey Tay!" I walk over her and wrap my arms around her neck.

"Hey I wanted to ask how your day was, since I was at work all day."

"It was okay, but hey why don't you change and get ready for bed and then we can talk okay?"

"Alright. Give me a minute."

She shuts the door behind her and I turn back to Chase who's getting up from the floor.

"Did you walk here?" I suddenly realize. I didn't see his car and Taylor would've said something. He guiltily shrugs his shoulders and shoves his hands into his pockets.

"I--" I run my hand through the tips of my hair. "You don't live that close to us. And it's snowing"

"I know." He says softly, looking at the ground.

"I'm driving you home."

"No, after what I said I deserve to walk myself home."

"You already walked all the way over here, that's enough. I'm driving you home." I toss the blanket back at him and pull him with me down the stairs.

"What about your sister?"

"I'll tell her your sister forgot something and it was important that I bring it to her." I shrug.

I get into my car and he gets in the passenger seat. "Sorry it's so messy."

I pull out of the drive way and we're back at his house without exchanging a single word.

"Promise me you'll explain this to me later?"

"Maybe." He goes to open the door, but I hold on to his arm until he looks back at me. I can see an overwhelming amount of guilt pooled in his eyes and I can feel how upset he is with himself. He looks away from me briefly before looking back up with a sad smile playing at his lips. "I promise."

I let go of him arm and he silently moves himself out of the car. As he's about to close the door I toss him the blanket and tell him he can borrow it. He closes the door behind him, walks up to his house and disappears into the front door.

When I arrive back at my house, I'm greeted by Taylor. She stands in the doorway by the coat hanger with her hands on her hips. She gives me a look of confusion and worry. Her soft blonde curls now surround her face instead of being in her uniform ponytail and she's dressed in one of Ethan's T-Shirts and a pair of SpongeBob shorts.

"Where were you?"

"I was just--"

"I saw someone in the car with you when you left and I hear a deep voice in your room. Don't you lie to me." Sassy.

I sigh. I take off my boots and coat and lay on the couch. I'm just as confused as she is.

"Was that that Chase guy that's been a jerk to you?" Smart girl. I sit myself up and comb my fingers through my hair.

"Yea."

"Why was he here? Better yet, why was he in your room?"

"He said something really horrible to me today and it made me cry so I guess he felt really guilty and walked over here with out a jacket, without even a shirt actually, and apologized. He was in my room because Ethan's really mad at him and I didn't want him to kill Chase so I hid him in my room." She takes a seat while I talk and pulls me closer towards her.

"Okay. Well at least he apologized."

"We'll I guess, but that's the thing. I dunno, I think he's kinda bipolar. Cause he'll be such a dick sometimes and then other times he'll be all nice and apologize and he just goes back and forth and it's, kinda exhausting."

She shrugs and pats my leg."Well keep in mind that you don't know him very well yet."

"But I don't even know if I want to know him--"

"Well keep an open mind. He could end up being something important to you. People come into our lives for a reason. Maybe you just got off to a rough start." She lifts herself from the couch and scratches my scalp."I'm gonna head off to bed. No boys while I'm asleep." She winked before disappearing behind the corner and I went up the stairs back to my room and crashed down onto my bed.

I have enough to deal with as it is, I do not need him coming in here and confusing me any further. Don't I deserve that much? After all I've been through?

"I don't know." I whisper into the silence of my room. I settle myself into my bed and let myself drift off into a deep sleep.

Or so I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 4 ;)

I've kinda been squeezing these chapters out kinda easily, I had this one done either yesterday or the day before that, I don't remember. Anyway, I'm in summer school right now and I finished my work so I figured "what the hell" lets post it. So yea

Hope you enjoy

let me know if you wanna be in the story

Comment,Subscribe&Rate

&i love you <3