There's Nothing Left to Say

There's Nothing Left to Say Chapter 10

The Cowboys won by three points.
I was happy for Joel and Janet. Joel said he wanted to win one Super Bowl before they started having kids. I was ready to be the cool aunt.
But not it was my day.
I was standing outside the wedding hall doors with my parents, Janet and Liam. I took a deep breath as Janet fixed my hair.
“Are you nervous?” she asked smiling at me.
“A little,” I said picking at my flowers.
“Don’t be,” my mom said as the music started.
The doors opened and the wedding started. I followed behind the groomsmen and my bridesmaid. Once I started down the aisle and everyone stood up and watched me. I smiled as I kept my eyes on Antonio.
He looked so handsome and so happy. He waved a little at me and I just grinned.
My eyes wondered around the room. My family was there and so was Antonio’s, most of the Ravens were there, Jake wasn’t but maybe that was for the best. I had a few close friends there and so did Antonio.
I reached the alter and stood next to Antonio. He smiled at me and held my hand as the preacher started.
We said our vows, exchanged rings, said “I do” and had our first kiss as a married couple. Antonio took my hand and we hurried down the aisle and into our limo.
“Wow!” I said as our driver started to drive.
“I know! We’re married,” Antonio said kissing me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close to me.
“I can’t wait till tonight,” he muttered against my lips.
“Same here,” I said kissing him back.
The limo driver dropped us off at the reception and we headed inside. I had Antonio tell them that we were here while I changed into an easier dress to move in. A few minutes after I was ready Janet and my mom joined me with Antonio.
“Ready to make your entrance as Mr. and Mrs. Johnson?” My mom asked smiling.
“Yes!” I said taking his hand.
My mom and Janet left before us so we could make our entrance. I kissed him and pulled him close to me. He wrapped his arms around me. We slowly pulled away, smiling at each other.
“Let’s get this party started,” he said as I took his hand and headed to the reception.
We danced, we ate, and we toasted and partied with our family and friends. Antonio and I were practically attached by the hip all night. Our parents started to leave and I was outside hugging my parents goodbye when Jake showed up.
I waved goodbye to them and walked over to him.
“I didn’t expect you here,” I said crossing my arms over my chest.
“I’m sorry, for everything. For trying to kick you off the team, for making promises that I knew I couldn’t keep, for not calling, for cheating and for trying to win you back,” he said chuckling at the last one. I smiled. “I just... glad that you’re happy,” he said putting his hands in his pockets.
I hugged him, “You’re forgiven”.
He hugged me back and quickly let me go.
“Would you like to come in?” I asked
“No… I’m happy for you but I don’t want to watch you be happy”.
“Fair…”
“Good bye Toni, congratulations,” and with that he walked away.
I smiled a little to myself before heading back into the party.