There's Nothing Left to Say

There's Nothing Left To Say Chapter 6

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my drink and downed most of it.
“I didn’t like the way we ended things,” Jake said slurring his words. “You didn’t let me explain. I didn’t want to cheat on you, it just happened-”
“What happened did she accidently fall on your dick?” I interrupted.
“No…I mean…I knew I wasn’t a good boyfriend and I just…”
“You’re not making any sense and I would rather not talk to you” I said about to stand up.
“No, please stay…I’ll find the words…” Jake reached out and touched my hand and it that simple act I sat back down.
Damn… he still has me.
“I just…I knew I was ignoring you and I wasn’t treating you like the beautiful princess that you are so I did something drastic to push you away and I regret it,” he said with his hand still on mine and he never broke eye contact.
I was speechless. Was this bastard really trying to confess his love for me?
I took my hand away from his and finished the rest of my drink. I slumped a little in my seat and looked at him.
“What the hell is wrong with you?” I finally said still trying to sort out my thoughts. “I’m getting married. Married! You think you can swoop in here and take me back? Jake, you cheated on me. Once a cheater always a cheater. Please leave me alone.”
“I’m crazy about you Toni,” he said just I stood up.
“You only want what you can’t have”.
“That’s not true,” he said standing up.
“Yes it is! You wanted me because you couldn’t have me and here we are years later and it’s like coach telling us no dating all over again. Fu-” I was interrupted with Jake’s lips on mine.
He pulled me into him and rested his hand on my waist.
I quickly pulled away and slapped him across the face.
After a serious talking to by my mother I stopped fighting and beating up boys.
“Antonio!” I said walking passed Jake. I pushed passed the drunk football players and found him at the bar talking to Charlie.
“Babe, time to go,” I said trying to regain my balance.
He took one look at me and smiled. “Should we take a cab?”
This is why I love him, I never had to ask twice. It was always yes dear, whatever you want. We hardly ever fought.
“Yeah, that’s probably best,” I said running my hand through my hair.
“Alright boys I’ll see you tomorrow,” Antonio said getting up.
He took my hand and led me out of the bar. Once we were outside I gave him a hug.
I didn’t have the heart to tell him about Jake. Just because I couldn’t kick his ass doesn’t mean he couldn’t.
“What’s wrong?” he asked.
“Nothing just wanted a hug,” I lied.
“Hey, what’s really the matter?” he asked.
I sighed. “Nothing sweetie,” I said before kissing him.
He smiled and held me closer to him. He pulled away and smiled down at me. “I can think of a few ways to make you happy”.
I chuckled. “I bet you could.
Antonio took my hand and headed over to the sideway to wave down a cab.