There's Nothing Left to Say

There's Nothing Left to Say Chapter 8

“That’s great ladies, now, get closer together and pose! Beautiful! Gorgeous! Be fierce ladies,” the photographer directed me and the other models as we started to pose. I had a long day ahead of me. Photoshoot after photoshoot.
Victoria Secret was about to have their annual fashion show which meet they were going to have a huge sale which meant more modeling for me.
“Alright ladies thank you. Please get ready for the next shoot,” the photographer said before turning his attention to his crew.
The girls and I hurried into the changing area and I sat down with a long sigh. I put on my rube before picking up my phone checking to make sure I didn’t have any messages.
I didn’t.
Just a few wedding and work related emails.
I put my phone away and headed towards the changing room and changed into my new outfit, or lack thereof.
The hair and makeup team gave us all some touch ups before we got sent back out for another shoot.
**********
Finally home, I collapse on the sofa and wait for Antonio. He would be home shortly with both beer and pizza. I felt myself start to fall asleep when my phone started to ring.
I sighed and answered it with a very tired hello.
“Oh hey, did I wake you up?”
Jake.
“How did you get my number?”
“I have my ways,” he said I could hear the smile in his voice. “I just wanted to talk to you. Are you busy?”
“Yes, I’m very busy trying my hardest to ignore you”.
“You’ve always been so sweet to me”.
“Says the guy who cheated on me”.
“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about…”
“I don’t care anymore Jake. It happened years ago and I’m over it. Please just let me be happy for once”.
“I didn’t cheat on you because I didn’t want to be with you or because I wanted to hurt you or because I’m a guy and I like sex. I cheated because I was afraid of how much I actually love you”.
“Jake…” I sighed and rolled over on my back. “I don’t love you anymore. Please try and move on and leave me alone.”
I heard Antonio at the door.
“I have to go, lose my number and move on,” I hung up the phone just in time for him to walk into the house. “Hey babe!” he said smiling.
“Hey,” I said following him into the kitchen. “How was practice?”
“Brutal, how was modeling?”
“Long,” I said taking a slice of pizza.
“I hear ya,” he said before taking a bit of pizza.
**********
The months seem to speed by.
Between the fashion show, the football games and the wedding there wasn’t much time to relax.
Between both of our jobs Antonio and I were traveling what felt like all the time.
The only good part was that Jake kept his distance.
The play offs are starting to finish up and the only teams left are the Ravens, the Cowboys, Seahawks and the Stains.
Antonio’s family and friends as well as mine were tailgating before his game against the Stains. The men were barbequing while drinking beer while the women were drinking beer and gossiping or gushing over my wedding. About twenty minutes to game time we all headed to our seats.
It was a close game. The Stains put up a good fight. Jake was able to score the winning touchdown with five minutes left in the game.
There was going to be an amazing after party.
Just as the stadium was clearing out Janet sent me a text telling me that the Cowboys won.
There was going to be an epic after party.
I met up with Antonio and the rest of the team and headed to our house to start the party. I told Janet to get the Cowboys to come join us.
They agreed.
*****
The music was blasting and everyone was having a great time dancing and partying. I was pretty drunk and dancing with my sister on top of my kitchen table. She would do some cheers and I would mock her. After a while of dancing we got down and headed into the kitchen where our men were.
Once I saw Antonio, who was pretty gone as well, I gave him a kiss on the lips before stealing his beer.
“The guys want to play a little scrimmage, want to play?” he asked yelling over the music.
“Hell yeah!” I said smiling. “Let’s go!” I said grabbing Antonio.
I heard someone announce that there was going to be a scrimmage in the back yard and the house seemed to clear out. It was obvious that it was going to be the Cowboys against the Ravens and special guest, me and Laim.
“Just so everyone is clear,” I said slurring my words a little. “It’s going to be two hand touch, I’m not trying to get tackled. I have a photo shoot tomorrow… I think…”
“First team to 21 wins,” Jake chimed in.
The guys all agreed on both teams and the game started.
Since we were all intoxicated the game moved a little slower and was ten times more fun. Jake, Antonio and I worked well together, as weird as it was. We were losing so Antonio called a huddle.
“We’re losing and I hate that,” he said.
“I have an idea,” Jake said smiling at me.
“What?” I asked taking a sip of beer.
“Remember that play we did in college? I don’t remember what it’s called,”
“We had a lot of plays, dude”
“I know, the one that you made up or whatever. The quarterback hands you the ball then you run down the field. It always worked.”
I smiled. “I remember”.
Jake and I explained the play to the rest of the team and they were all on board. Antonio gave me a pat on the ass and kissed me good luck before we hurried back on the field.
I took a deep breath and Jake looked at me. I nodded and got back into formation. The game started and I watched Jake receive the ball and I ran behind him and took it. I called to Liam and he met me at the sidelines. The cowboys were too drunk to realize that I had the ball and I scored. I smiled and threw the ball down. Liam hugged me.
We won.
“We still got it” he said giving me a high five.
“Hell yeah!” I said as our team joined us.
Antonio picked me up and kissed me.
The party continued outside.
Someone ordered more pizza and turned on the music. Everyone started to dance and have a good time again.
I slipped away to go to the bathroom. Once I was done I found Jake waiting outside of the bathroom.
“Hey,” I said. “We worked pretty well together out there”.
“We always work well together,” he said drinking his beer.
“Not always…”
He put his beer on the floor walked over to me and kissed me. He pushed us into the bathroom and closed the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best chapter.