Status: Active;;

The Best There Ever Was

Chapter 6

I was in between sleeping and not sleeping and I could feel someone stroking my hair and singing softly into my ear.

’Memories that make me smile,
a girl to stand there so she can admire the way
I can never ever really keep my hands to myself.
but the alcohol it taste so sweet,
when its mixed with lies and defeat of
all the battles I lost and lost again.’


I could hear birds chirping and every once in a while cars driving by in front of the house. Jaime voice was perfect in every way. I didn’t want to move from this spot but my back was hurting me. I sat up slowly and glancing at Jaime, who sat up as well.

“I can’t believe we fell asleep outside.” I said. Jaime smiled showing off his adorable dimples.

“It’s beautiful out here. I love San Diego.” I said. He nodded. I stood up from the chair and Jaime followed. We walked into the house and saw Vic attempting to make breakfast. Vic slammed something down.

“Vic, are you alright?” I asked.

“Fuck no, I try to do something nice and it all backfires. Fuck it, we’re going out to eat.” Vic said. I couldn’t help but laugh. Vic glanced at me, giving me an evil look. I didn’t know him all that long but I knew that look was meant for me to start running. I quickly dashed out of the kitchen and into living room. I didn’t know where else to go so I just ran out the front door. I ran out to the sidewalk and turned around only to be tackled to the ground.

“Holy shit! That was the best thing I’ve ever saw.” Jaime said laughing from the steps to the house. I looked up and saw Vic above me.

“You’re cute. “ Vic said kissing my cheek then jumping up then helping me stand up.

“What in the hell is going on out here?” Mike asked walking out of the house in just his underwear.

“I don’t honestly know what exactly happened but the next thing I know Vic is chasing Daniella out of the house and had her on the ground.” Jaime said. Vic and I walked back up the steps and into the house followed by Mike and Jaime. Tony and Ariana were walking down the stairs when we walked inside.

“What’s going on?” Tony asked.

“Vic tackled Daniella out in the front lawn.” Mike said.

“We’re all going out to eat. Are you two coming along?” Vic asked. Tony nodded. We all piled into the van they have and made our way out to eat somewhere. We were sitting there eating when a piece of egg flew at Mike’s face. Mike’s face was priceless. He looked around and Tony was laughing. Next thing I know there is a full on food fight going on and Ariana and I were stuck right in the line of fire. We heard someone shout and we all jumped up and ran out of the restaurant not before Vic throwing two twenty on the table. We ran two blocks before stopping.

“I don’t think I’ve had that much fun.” Mike said putting his hand on his knees.

“Jaime. Is that you?” I heard a girl’s voice. We all looked around until we saw a girl with dark hair standing just to the left of us.

“Babe, hey.” Jaime said walking over to her and pressing his lips against her cheek. My stomach and smile dropped. He had a girlfriend? I looked anywhere but at those two who now was making out with each other.

“I…just...I’m going to go.” I said before picking up my feet and running off, away from everybody even Ariana. I ran about six blocks before coming up to the beach. I walked over to the bench and sat down. I looked out into the ocean and watched the sun. I didn’t need to get attach to anybody while I was here. I wasn’t going to be here long for a relationship.

“Is this seat taken?” I heard someone say. I looked over and saw Vic standing there. I shook my head.

“How’d you know I’d be here?” I asked.

“You’re a visitor to the city and you don’t know anywhere else to go.” Vic said once he sat down next to me.

“How long have they been together?” I asked.

“Since high school…I do believe.” Vic said. I nodded for looking down at my hands in my lap.

“Jaime…Jaime…and I …we kissed last night. Why would he mess with my feelings like that?” I asked. Vic put his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

“I know I don’t need to apologies because I didn’t do anything wrong but I’m sorry because he is my friend. His mind works in weird ways and I don’t even know what he is thinking most of the time. I just know…Daniella, I’m sorry for my friends shittiness.” Vic said. I shrugged.

“What can I do, you know? I’m going back to Illinois at the end of the summer. You all will forget us. We’ll go back to our everyday lives.” I said. Vic pulled away from me, shaking his head.

“I know we haven’t known each other but a few days but I will not, I repeat, WILL NOT forget you or Ariana.” Vic said taking my chin in between his index finger and thumb, making me look at him.

“I’m sorry.” I said shaking my head for pulling away from him and looking out into the ocean. I heard Vic’s phone go off and he answered it. A few minutes later and I heard him say something about we’ll be there. He stood up and held his hand out for me to take. I stood up and we walked along the shore.

“This is the summer you won’t forget, Dani.” Vic said kissing my cheek as we continue to walk down the sidewalk and towards a building.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm SO sorry it took me a while to update. I hope this chapter makes up for it.
Thanks so much for the comments. We appreciate it.
<3