Status: In process :)

After All This Time

Chapter Four

Kellin's P.O.V

I started the day as usual, with my little trip to the park. The day went by rather slowly but I guess that was because I was excited for the party tonight. Well, it's hard not to be when every group of people I pass by is talking about it. Speaking of the party, I need to find Vic and get his phone number.

After my English class I went to my locker to put my books back in. I had to sneak around to avoid my popular crew. I put the books I didn't need in my locker and slammed it shut. I didn't see Vic anywhere so I guessed he's already in class or something. I was about to head to my Art class when I saw him walking down the hallway. I leaned on my locker and waited for him with a huge grin on my face. Hey, I can't help it - he's pretty attractive if you ask me. "Hey Kellin, where are your fans?" He said with a chuckle as he walked up to me. I tried to hide the blush threatening to appear on my cheeks. It's not my fault people like being around me. I decided to play it cool and asked for his number, which he happily gave me. I gave him mine in return and we walked to our next class together.

It was around 6 when I texted Vic and asked him for his address. He replied straight away. He didn't live far from me. That's good. I told him I will pick him up at 7 and went upstairs to get ready. I had a quick shower and put on a black t-shirt and grey skinny jeans. On my way out I pulled on a black beanie. I had to do something before picking up Vic so I had to be quick. I made my way to the park and I went into the deeper part. After I was done I went back to my house to get my car.

When I arrived at Vic's he was already waiting for me outside. He smiled and got in the car. "You ready to party?" I asked with a grin. "Yeeep!" He shouted, excitement filling his voice. I followed the directions one of my fangirls, Louise, gave me earlier. The party was at her house. We made small talk and I stole occasional glances at Vic. He looked cute tonight. I mean, he always does but I guess there was something about the twinkle in his eyes that made him look adorable.

At the party we got drinks and I asked Vic to dance but he didn't want to so we talked to a few people before going to the backyard. We found a quiet spot under some trees and sat there. We talked and joked around for what seemed like hours before I decided it was time for some personal questions. "So Vic, do you have a girlfriend?" I asked. "Umm... no, no I don't" he said a bit awkwardly. "Boyfriend?" I questioned. Vic blushed and quickly looked down, trying to avoid eye contact. "No" he replied, still not looking at me. "You're blushing" I said with a smirk. If his face wasn't red before it definitely was now. "Hey, it's cute" I said, my confidence showing. "W-what?" he said and looked up. I smiled and leaned in. I could hear his heart beating so fast I was a bit worried it's going to explode. Our lips were close to touching when I saw a familiar face not far from where we sat. No, it couldn't be. I wasn't sure if it was him but I had to check. I pulled away. "I'm really sorry Vic, I have to go do something" I was genuinely sorry and I felt bad when I saw the disappointed look on Vic's face. "It's okay Kellin" he said softly. "I will be right back" he gave me a little smile and I stood up and walked in the mystery man's direction.

"Rafe?" I said as I walked up to the blond haired man. He turned around with a smirk on his face. Yep, it's definitely him. He whispered something to the girl he was chatting up and she walked away. "Quinn. Good to see you" I rolled my eyes. "What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to sound intimidating. "Looking for a fresh snack, what else would I be doing?" He said with a wink. I glared at him and he turned his head towards Vic "That one seems good, do you mind if I have it?" "Don't you dare go anywhere near him" I said, my voice low. "Oh come on Quinn, stop treating food like it's something more than that" He said with a grin. "I was going to have some fun with him in the park anyway" "WHAT?!" I shouted, a bit too loudly, judging by the few looks we got from the people around us. "He looked so lost and delicious, it's a shame I had already had my meal or he would be mine" He said with that stupid grin. So I guess that's who Vic saw in the park. I need to tell him to be more careful. I started walking away, hoping he would follow me so we would be out of sight of anyone who might be interested in our little conversation. "Listen Rafe, San Diego isn't the place for you. I don't know why you came here but you should leave right now. And I swear if you go near Vic I will set you on fire" "Feisty" "I'm not kidding. Don't even try to touch anyone at this party" "Why, is baby Kellin scared I'll get him in trouble? You don't own me, Quinn" I had enough. I lunged at him and punched him in the stomach. He wasn't expecting it so he stumbled but he quickly got his balance back and shoved me backwards.Hard. My back hit the ground and Rafe pinned me down. "Don't ever try that again" He hissed. "Leave and I won't have to" I replied. This seemed to get him angry. He pulled his arm back, ready to punch me but it was too late. I already planned my next move. I flipped us over quickly so now I was the one pinning him down. His eyes flashed red and I had a feeling mine did the same. I didn't waste time. I punched him straight in the face. I wasn't done though, not yet. I took his right arm in my hands and twisted it at an angle arms should never go. Rafe tried to fight back but I wasn't having it. I twisted it again and I heard a satisfying crack. "I won't forgive you for this one" He said. He sounded in pain.Good. "I don't care as long as you stay away" I said and with that I got off him. We both stood up and he walked away, disappearing into the darkness. I watched the trees until I was sure he wasn't coming back and I went back to where Vic was waiting for me.

I looked around the spot where I left Vic but he was nowhere to be seen. Confused I decided to go look for him inside, maybe he went to get a drink or something. I looked around the house but I still didn't see him anywhere. I walked up to the short brunette "Hey Tay, have you seen Vic?" "Vic? Ohh yeah the guy you talk to sometimes. Yeah I think he left a few minutes ago" she replied sweetly. "Alright, thanks" I said and quickly walked out. I went over to my car and pulled out my phone. I quickly typed a message and hit send.

To Vic: Hey, I've looked for you everywhere. Where are you?

The reply came a few minutes later

From Vic: Home

Has something happened when I was trying to scare off Rafe? I couldn't think of a reason why Vic would leave so I texted him back.

To Vic: Are you alright? Has something happened?

I waited for a few minutes for a reply but I didn't get one. I got in the car and drove away. I thought about going to Vic's to see if everything's okay but I had a feeling he didn't want to talk about it so I went home.

Vic‘s P.O.V

The time had gone by so fast, it was like Kellin asked me to go with him to the party just a few minutes ago but now it‘s Friday. After he asked me I have been out of my mind with excitement. The effect the pale boy had on me was ridiculous, it was a nice feeling though.

Now I was in the hallway, walking to my next class when I see Kellin, leaning against the lockers looking at me with a grin on his face and, surprisingly, alone. I walked up to him “Hey Kellin, where are your fans?” I said and chuckled a little “I ditched them so I could talk to you, so, give me your number so I can text you when I’m gonna pick you up and you can reply with your address” The excitement bubbled up inside of me, this is really happening, we exchanged numbers and walked together for our next class.

--------

“I don’t know what the fuck I should wear!” I almost yelled at Mike who was sitting on my bed grinning at me “You’re acting like such a girl Vic” “Shut up and help me” I frowned at him. Mike stood up from the bed and walked over to my wardrobe “Just wear something simple, this, and some jeans” He said and threw a blue crewneck at me and then he walked out so I could get changed. Kellin had texted me that he would be here at 7 to pick me up and it was already half past 6, I took a shower before so I just put on the crewneck and black jeans and fixed my hair.
When it was exactly 7 o’clock I said bye to my family and ran for the door, when I got outside he wasn’t there yet but like a minute later his fancy car pulled over in front of my house.
I got inside his car and he asked me if I was ready to party “Yeeep!” I said a little to excitedly. On the way to the party I noticed how good he looked tonight, He is just so hot “Stop staring at him Vic” I thought to myself.

When we got to the party all the girls immediately started drooling over him and were trying to get his attention so we small talked a little but I started getting a little jealous, yep I was definitely acting like a girl but whatever. We got ourselves some drinks and stepped outside after he asked me if I wanted to dance, which I didn’t, we sat down under some trees and started talking and joking around, god this was perfect. “So Vic, do you have a girlfriend?” well this is going to be awkward "Umm... no, no I don't" I answered “Boyfriend?” He said with a questioning face, I felt my cheeks get a little read so I looked down and hoped that he didn’t. “No” “You’re blushing” Great, he noticed, I felt my face burning up. "Hey, it's cute” Wait what, me? Cute? "W-what?" I stammered and looked up and saw that he was smiling at me. The next thing I know he was leaning in, oh god this is really happening.
He was so close that I could feel his breath on my skin, but suddenly he pulled away and said that he had to go do something and that he would be back later, I didn’t even try to hide the look on my face of hurt and disappointment and then he left. What am I thinking? He’s the popular boy and I’m just boring old Vic that people barely knows exists, he’s probably just playing me, even though I genuinely thought that he liked me. I should just go. So I got up and went straight home, even though it took a while to walk.

When I got home I was really upset so I just slammed the door shut and went up to my room, dismissing the curious looks on my family members, I undressed and went to bed. A few seconds later I got a text from Kellin, I wasn’t sure if I should open it but curiosity got the best of me

From Kellin: "Hey, I've looked for you everywhere. Where are you?”

I took a few minutes to decide if I should reply or not but eventually I did

To Kellin: “Home”

From Kellin: “Are you alright? Has something happened?”

I decided not to reply, he didn’t deserve it. I put my phone on my nightstand and turned on the other way, I sighed and praised that it was Saturday tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is our longest chapter yet. I write in Kellin's pov and Kamilla writes in Vic's :)

Please comment and tell us what you think. Feedback is appreciated :))