Sequel: Twice Baked
Status: Comment, subscribe, reccomend <3

Please Remember Me

In This Strange Light I See Color

I woke and in an instant had the sudden urge to throw up. I dashed from the bed running into the bathroom I made just in time to heave into the toilet losing whatever was in my stomach. I continued to violently heave as each new wave of nausea overcame my body. A pair of familiar hands rubbing my back startled me at first, but their gentle nature calmed me down. I sighed as my body relaxed into his touch. I was two months into my pregnancy and still suffering from severe morning sickness. I stood up from the marble floor with some help from Patrice. He leaned in to kiss me but I stopped him.

“Let me brush my teeth.” I said turning away from him.

“Alright, I’ll be down stairs come see me when you’re done.” He said kissing my cheek before walking out of the bathroom.

I grabbed my toothbrush out and started to brush my teeth. “I’m gonna take a shower too.” I called out as I stepped into our Kholer [html=http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/81/489190A2548177A0BED771B69856C9.jpg] shower. [/html] This was definitely my favorite part of the house. I stepped under the water letting it cascade down my body as I relaxed under the warm water.

It had been a little over a month since his injury, he was doing well and had even started going to practices again last week. It was nice having him all to myself, I knew I was going to miss it terribly when he did go back full time, but that’s just how life is. I spent less and less time at my bakery as it was becoming self-sustaining. I even had to hire on more hands to keep up with the demands. Twice a week I popped in with a customer or two and worked on our specialty cakes but other than that I lived as a home maker. If someone told me two years ago, when I was fresh out of college struggling to pay rent, that this is the life I would be living I would have laughed in their faces. I never thought I would ever have children, and yet here I was two months into my pregnancy carrying my very own bundle of joy.

I stepped out of the shower and started to dry off as Pat walked in the bathroom. He looked my body up and down with approval.

“I was wondering what was taking so long.” Pat said as he pulled my now towel wrapped body against him.

“Sorry.” I said in the second I had before Patrice’s lips came crashing down onto mine.

“Don’t be sorry, I was just planning on doing that together.” He said with a sexy smirk on his face.

“But then we’d be late for our flight.” I said kissing him on the cheek and walking into the bedroom to see what I was going to wear.

“I’d be fine with that.” I heard pat call from the bathroom.

I shook my head and laughed, “Me too.” I said back.

I was definitely not looking forward to flying to Québec, The exact flight of my accident, but I was finally going to meet Patrice’s family. It seemed like every time I was going to meet them something came up that stopped me. I starting to think it was fate trying to give me the hint that this fairytale I was living wasn’t meant to be. Anyways we were going to spend Christmas with his family in Canada. I was very nervous to see his family especially seeing I would be meeting everyone this time and not just a few.

I gave in kissing Patrice back as he pulled at my towel letting it drop to the ground; his familiar calloused hands roamed my body as we stepped into the shower. The hot water trailed down our bodies as he kissed down my neck. He backed me up against the cold tiled wall. I gasped as at the sudden temperature change, but it was enough of a shock to bring me back to my senses. I pulled Patrice back up to me for a last kiss.

“We can’t miss our flight.” I said pulling slipping out from his grasp and stepping out of the shower.

“Fine.” Patrice said slightly defeated.

“I’ll make it up to you later.” I said giving him a suggestive smile and a wink to match.

“I’m going to half to hold you to that.” Patrice said as he shut the glass shower door.

“Oh, and you might want to make this a cold one.” I said before starting to redry off. By the choke laughter coming from Pat I was sure he understood what I meant.

I walked over to my closest and grabbed my pile of dry cleaning of the door. I unzipped one of the bags and pulled out my [html=http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=99346373] outfit [/html] I threw it on and left my coat and shoes by the door with all of our luggage.

I walked into the bathroom to continued getting ready. I was just done drying my hair when Pat got out of the shower. He stood there in his towel staring at me with a smile on his face.

A smile broke out on my face when I noticed him, “What?” I asked laughing.

“You’re just beautiful, that’s all.” He said placing a kiss on my cheek and walking into the bedroom.

I just stood there smiling like an idiot. I would never get used to the amount of affection Patrice showed me on a daily basis it would always give me those first date butterflies. I snapped out of my warm trance and went back to fixing my makeup. When I was done I made sure to pack up all of my things and stick it all into a bag and stick it with my suitcase.

I walked downstairs as I put my coat and shoes on looking for Patrice. “Babe where’d you go, we have to be at the airport in a half hour.” I said as I turned to corner to the kitchen completely running into Patrice who caught me in his steady arms.

“Whoa, are you okay Babe?” He asked as he held me up.

“Yea just got a little dizzy I guess.” I said standing up on my feet.

“Maybe the six inch heels aren’t such a good idea for a pregnant woman.” Pat said eyeing my shoes.

“I’m fine; I just need to grab a glass of juice or something.” I said pushing past him, “Give me a second and I’ll help you put the bags in the car.” I called from the kitchen knowing all too well there was no way he was gonna let me lift a thing now.

And if the laughter coming from the other room didn’t confirm my thoughts, the French phrase I heard from the other room sure did.

~~~~

Flight 872 is now boarding for Quebec in Gate 4B. Flight 872, Gate 4B.

We heard over the intercom as we rushed to our gate. Even if I was only two months pregnant running was still a challenge. I did my best to keep up with Pat as we dodged through crowds of people. Finally the desk was insight.

Patrice turned to me and lifted me off the floor midrun. He carried me up to the desk as fast as he just before the woman closed the door to our terminal.

Out of breath Patrice told the woman our names and handed her our tickets as he set me back on the ground. I hadn’t realized how out of breath I was until Patrice took my hand and led me down the ramp to our seats. I was wiped. I found our seat in first class and practically collapsed into my chair. I watched as Patrice put our bags in the overhead compartment and then sat down next to me.

“We made it.” He said with a smile.

I took his hand in mine as the fear set in. I was on an airplane. “Not yet.” I said with tears in my eyes as flash backs hit me of the accident. I shuddered as I hid my face in Patrice’s shoulder.

“I’m right here, nothings gonna happen.” He said as he held me close to him. “We’re gonna get through this together okay?” He asked tilting my chin up so that I was looking into his deep brown reassuring eyes.

I nodded and gave him a kiss before I did my seatbelt, being sure it was tightly secured. The flight attendant came around and gave everyone instructions and then checked everything over. Within no time the captain was telling us we were on the run way.

I closed my eyes tightly as I gave Pat’s hand the death grip. I felt the plane start to pick up speed and before I knew it we were high above the water and headed straight for Quebec. I felt my body relax as I looked out my window. In a few hours I would be back on the ground safe in Canada.

I couldn’t decide what was more nerve wracking to me, flying or meeting Patrice’s parents. Even with as many times as Pat reassured me, I still worried that they would think of me as some gold digger from Boston. I, like any girl meeting the love of her life’s parents, just wanted their approval. I wanted the m to like who their son had chosen and I hoped they wouldn’t be too horrified to find out that I was pregnant. Hey I just met you and this is crazy but I’m having your son’s baby? Yea this was going to go great.

“Hey.” Pat said softly in my ear.

I sat up in my seat I hadn’t realized that I’d fallen asleep. I turned and smiled back at him as I stretched awake. “Hey.”

“We’re here.” He said his eyes sparkling with a smile a kid on Christmas would have.

I unbuckled my seat belt and stood with him as he grabbed our bags from overhead. We walked off the plane hand in hand and went to the baggage claim.

Patrice took me over to a seating area and said, “Wait here while I get our bags.”

“I’ll help you.” I said entwining our bodies as I wrapped my arms up under his shoulders holding him as close to me as I could.

He started to laugh as he pealed me off of him, “Let me get them, you’re pregnant.”

“Barely.” I scoffed as I walked towards the baggage claim determined to help.

Patrice covered his face with his hands as he shook his head. He sighed before following after me. He caught my hand in his as we walked over to the baggage claim. Our bags were the only two left. I found a cart while Patrice grabbed them off the ramp. I started to wheel our luggage towards customs, but Patrice stopped me. Taking over he led the way through the masses of people.

~~~~

“My brother is coming to pick us up.” Patrice said as he held me close to him for warmth.

“Alright.” I said bouncing up and down trying to stay warm. Canada was much colder than I expected.

“He lives in Montreal, so he should be here soon.”

“Are we staying with him?” I asked looking up at Patrice. His entire demeanor was different now that he was home.

“No he’s gonna drive us to my house in Quebec City.” Patrice said being very discreet.

I hated not knowing what was going on and he knew it. I tried to sound nonchalant as I spoke, “Oh, okay.” I put on a smile as I nestled my head in his chest.

I heard him try to hold in a laugh, but before I could say anything a car pulled up to the curb. Patrice let me go and walked up to the man getting out of the car and hugged him closely. By this I could tell it was his brother.

“Gabriella, this is my brother Andre.” Patrice said motioning for me to come over.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you.” I said walking over to them, I went to shake his hand but he pulled me into a big hug kissing me on the cheek. I looked at Pat horrified as he laughed.

“Andre, she’s from Boston.” Pat said wrapping a protective arm around me.

“Oh, I’m sorry that was probably a little over zealous, no?” Andre’s accent was much thicker than Patrice’s to the point where I had to listen hard to decipher what he was saying.

“It’s alright.” I said smiling. He was so much like Patrice in the way he moved it was almost uncanny.

Patrice opened the door to the car for me and I got in as they put the bags in the trunk. When they got in the car Patrice and Andre talked little but when they did it was in French so I had no inkling of what they were saying. Most of the little French I had picked up from Patrice were swears. I mostly sat there staring out my window at the beautiful scenery around me. Canada was a beautiful country.

“So you own a bakery?” Andre asked as he looked at me through his rearview mirror.

“Yea, I do.” I answered. “What do you do for work? Do you play hockey too?”

They both burst into laughter. I sat there confused until Patrice turned around and answered, “You skate better than Andre.”

Then I started to laugh along, “I work in accounting.” Andre said as he pulled into the driveway of a beautiful home. “Well it was nice meeting you; I’ll see you guys at moms for dinner later?” He asked Patrice.

“Yea let her know we’ll be over around 5.” Patrice said as we got out of the car.

~~~~

Patrice set our bags down at the door to open it, but instead of carrying the bags in, he lifted me up and carried me bridal style into the house.

“Welcome to Canada.” He said kissing me on the lips. He set me down on the ground and went back to retrieve our bags. I looked around the front room I was in. It had a nice couch and TV, mostly open concept.

Patrice walked back in and was instantly on me. This was a side of Patrice I wasn’t used to, but I loved it. The urgent need in his kiss was driving me wild. He backed me up against the wall next to the staircase as he kissed down my neck causing me to moan.

“I told you I would hold you to your word.” He said as he looked me over with lust inherent in his eyes.

“Scouts honor.” I said giggling as I pulled him back in for a kiss. Within seconds my head was hitting the pillow of his bed as he quickly unzipped my dress. “What no tour?” I asked sarcastically as I slip it over my head and toss it to the side.

“I thought we’d just skip the formalities.” Patrice said as I unbuttoned his shirt one at a time. I let my hands trace the outlines of his abs as I reach to push his shirt of his big shoulders. Softly I cup the back of his neck before I pull him down to me in a heated kiss.

Patrice couldn’t take it any longer in one swift movement he removed my bra and panties. He sat up between my legs as he eyed me over hungrily. Pinning my hands above my head he went to town on my kissing and sucking on my breasts.

He looked up at me before placing a kiss on my lips, “I’ll never be able to get enough of you.” He said in between kisses.

I turned him over so that I was now straddling his waist; I backed up just enough so that I could undo his pants. I let my fingers delicately glide down his abdomen to his zipper. Patrice inhaled sharply as I felt him through his pants before taking them off and tossing them off the bed.

Patrice flipped me back onto my back as he entered me causing me to moan with pleasure. Usually Patrice and I made slow sweet love to each other, but not today. Today he was in it for nothing, but pleasure. We were fucking, and fucking hard. He pumped his hips into driving deeper and deeper as he hit my sweet spot with each thrust. I practically screamed his name as my nails dug into his back. Patrice soon after reached his limit as he collapsed onto me breathing heavily as I laid there in pure bliss. I kissed his neck softly.

“No, no stop.” He half laughed half gasped for air as I kissed his hyper sensitive skin. He rolled off of me and held me tightly in his arms “You were amazing.”

“You were perfect.” I said overwhelmed with satisfaction. This definitely topped the charts on my foreign country experiences. When I looked back over at him he was passed out having spent every ounce of energy he had. I kissed his cheek again before curling up against his chest and falling asleep with him.

~~~~~

“Stop fidgeting you look beautiful.” Patrice said placing a kiss on my cheek before opening the door to his parent’s ritzy home. “Bonjour, nous sommes à la maison.” Hello we’re home.

I watched as a beautiful middle aged woman came around the corner to greet her son. She smiled wide and said as she hugged him tightly, “Je vous manqué.”

“You too mom,” he let her go and turned to me as he smiled proudly, “Mom I’d like you to meet Gabriella.”

“Oooh, so beautiful Patty. Call me Mum” She said as she pulled me in for a hug that I returned warmly. It had only been a few moments, but I already felt so welcomed by this wonderful woman.

“I’m so happy to finally meet you.” I said beaming.

“Come and meet the rest of the family.” She said taking me by the hand as she led me into the dining room with Patrice following closely behind me.

I walked in to see a long table elegantly set and furnished with candles lit at the center. Looking at each smiling face, I listened intently as she introduced me to everyone at the table.

“Andre my son, and his beautiful wife Penny, Gerard my husband, Marie my daughter, and her charming husband Jacque. The little girl is my granddaughter, her name is Madelina. Everyone this is Gabriella Patrice’s fiancé. Now take a seat and make yourself at home darling.” She said letting go of my hand and letting Patrice pull a chair out for me.

I sat down next to His sister and Patrice took a seat next to me. I felt uncomfortable at first, but as the people around me picked up their previous conversations I started to feel at ease.

“So how’d you two meet?” Marie asked me as the table went silent and waited for my response.

I slightly blushed remembering our first meeting, Patrice wrapped an arm around me and I leaned into him as I began telling them, “I used to volunteer at an orphanage that Patrice’s charity got involved with. Anyways the charity sponsored the kids to come and learn how to skate with the one the only Tyler Seguin!” I said as everyone died laughing, “Well anyways this guy shows up.” Patrice kissed me on the cheek as he laughed.

“Thanks Love.” He said as his brother ragged on him. “Maybe I should tell them what really happened.” He said raising an eyebrow at me. “I come out on the ice and start explaining what I’m looking to teach the kids to the director, I spotted this girl skating with this little boy I didn’t think much of her until a kid checked her into the boards. I was worried until I heard her laughing. Her laugh was what first caught my attention, she had this loud free full of life laugh. She didn’t care who heard her she just laughed.” He said as he stared at me with love in his eyes.

The girls all let out an aaaawwww. I laughed softly as I spoke, “And now here we are, engaged.” I looked up at Patrice seeing whether now was the right time to break the news.

He nodded and took my hands in his, “Engaged and with a baby on the way.” He said with pride in his eyes.

“What?” Everyone simultaneously exclaimed.

“I’m having a baby.” I said as Patrice’s mother came over to us with tears in her eyes.

Patrice instantly stood hugging her close to him, “Patty, a baby?” She blubbered into his shoulder, “Why didn’t you tell us sooner. I’m so happy for you.” Her kids laughed at the mess she’d turned into as Patrice calmed her down.

His father stood up and walked over to me, I politely stood up as he hugged me tightly, “You’ve turned my son into a man. Thank you.” He whispered into my ear.

“No need to thank me, Gerard, Your son means the world to me.” I said tearing up at the love his family was showing me.

“Please call me, Dad.” He said letting me go so his wife could hug me.

“So how far along are you?” She asked as she held me close.

“About two months.” I said as she released me from her embrace. “I’m due early August late July.”

“Oh it’ll be good for you to have the baby during the offseason, let you two get the hang of things before he starts his season.” She said smiling.

Everyone settled back into their seats and enjoyed a wonderful meal prepared by Patrice’s Mother. After dinner I helped Marie clear the table and do the dishes while everyone else went into the living room.

“So are you two excited for the baby?” Marie asked as she rinsed off the plates from earlier that night.

“Well honestly I’m kind of terrified; I didn’t have the best upbringing. I just don’t want to repeat my parent’s mistakes. I know Patrice would be an amazing father though, I know he’s nervous about it, but he is definitely excited.” I said absent mindedly rubbing my belly.

“Being a parent is scary sometimes, but I can tell you that there is nothing in this world like it. And don’t worry you’ll be a great mom, I can tell.” She said putting her hand over mine. “You know my brother practically glows when he talks about or looks at you, I’ve never seen him this way with a girl it’s really something beautiful.”

I blushed, “I’m sure it’s not that bad, I mean he doesn’t-“

“When my brother came home this summer after you both got back together, it was as if he’d seen God. You’re all he could talk about. My point is my brothers crazy about you, and I can tell you’re a good girl, I’m happy he found someone like you. His last girlfriend was, well, fake, and from what I’ve seen tonight you’re as real as it gets.”

“I’m lucky to have found such a wonderful man with such a great family,” I said pausing, “I feel like for the first time I have a real family.” I said tearing up.

Patrice walked in to find us talking and me crying, “What’s wrong?” He asked as he rushed over to me.

“Nothing just pregnancy hormones I’m sure.” I said laughing.

“Oh well I think its getting late and we should get back to my house so you can get some rest before your big day tomorrow.” Patrice said leading me into the living room with everyone so I could say my goodbyes

“Thank you for opening your lovely home to me,” I said to his parents, “It was wonderful to finally meet you all.”

“Patty be sure to bring her back around more often.” His mom said with an agreeing nod from his sister.

~~~~~

“So did you have a good time tonight?” Patrice asked as I walked behind him into the house utterly exhausted.

I kicked my heels off at the door and nodded sleepily. “Your family is so inviting, they just met me and they acted like I’ve been in your family forever.” I said as I leaned my body against him.

“They loved you.” He said as he softly rubbed my shoulders.

“So what are we doing tomorrow that I have to rest up for?” I asked curious.

“I lied; I just wanted to get you home.” He said as he leaned in and kissed my neck before letting his teeth drag along my neck and collar line. He unzipped my dress just enough so that he could slip it off my shoulders and let it drop to the floor.

“What’s gotten into you,” I moaned as he played with my breasts. “Oooh Pat.”

“You just are so sexy right now.” He said as he continued to kiss and suck at my neck.

I raised my hands in the air feeling behind me until I found the back of his neck. I played with the little hair he had as he explored my body with his hands. In an instant he spun me around and kissed me hard on the mouth. It was enough to make me light headed. I clung to his shirt as I felt weak at the knees.

He lifted me off the ground and held me at eye level so he could kiss me without straining his neck. I cupped his face in my hands as we kissed passionately. I felt him start to move but didn’t let it distract me from the attention he was giving me.

Next thing I know I’m in warm water. I opened my eyes and saw we were out on Patrice’s porch n a hot tub, him still fully clothed. I laughed as I tugged on his tie bringing him back in for a kiss. I undid his tie and dropped it on the deck before continuing to undress him until we were skin to skin going at it. I tugged at the shaggy hair at the nape of his neck as he let his tongue slip into my mouth. Finally I had had enough. I slowly lowered onto slowly at first but I picked up my speed. Patrice bucked his hips as he met my movements thrusting into me harder and harder until I came crashing down onto him bringing us both over the edge.

“Jesus Christ.” He said in an exasperated tone as waves of pleasure came over his body sending him thrusting into me as he rode it out.

I let my head fall into the crook of his neck as I felt him slip out. He truly got better each time.

“I love you.” He whispered in my ear before he kissed the spot on my neck sending shivers down my spine.

“I love you more.” I said fully satisfied to lay on top of him forever.

“Want to do something crazy?” He asked sitting up a little bit.

I straightened out so that I was looking him in the eyes. He had this dangerously handsome smile on his face. “What’d you have in mind?” I asked always up for a challenge.

“Come’re.” He said standing up out of the warm sauna water.

I stood up and watched him hop out of the tub. He offered me his hands and helped me out of the tub onto his icy deck. I jumped up and down on my feet trying to stop them from getting cold. Patrice grabbed me and ran into the cold snow dropping me into a snow bank before hopping in next me.

I screamed from the cold as he leaned over and kissed me muffling my cries. He grabbed me up in his arms and ran my beat red body inside the house where he came back with hot towels and blankets from the dryer. He wrapped my body up and sat me in front of the fire place. He fixed a fire and then came back to me shivering. I wrapped his icy body up in towels and held him close to me as we laid there in front of the fire.

It struck me funny as I thought of what we had just done, “That was nuts.” I said laughing my head off.

“Yea that was really dumb, I’m sorry.” He said laughing along with me.

I kissed his collar bone softly speaking in between kisses, “No, that was so much fun.” I said relaxing back into the pillows he laid out for us. I laid there on my back as Patrice hovered over me smiling at me.

“Just when I think I can’t love you more than I already do.” He said leaning down to kiss me.

“I know what you mean.” I said as he lay on his back next to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been so long I was in the hospital this week and didn't have internet to upload this chapter :/
Hope you guys enjoy it though!! Let me know what you think and also do you want another Canada chapter or flash forward to when they get back to Boston? Subscribe, comment Recommend <3