Sequel: Twice Baked
Status: Comment, subscribe, reccomend <3

Please Remember Me

The Sun sets in Paradise

“Do we have to do this right now?” Patrice sighed as he packed the car. I stood quietly at our front door waiting for him to come inside so we could finish our conversation. “I mean isn’t the point of owning your own business so you can make your own choices? It’s only a little over a month I’m sure your workers can handle things.” He said as he came up the steps and into the house for the next bag.

“No Pat they can’t, it’s not their job to take care of the bakery while I gallivant off with you to Canada.”

“Then we’ll figure it out when we get back from vacation. Come on we’re gonna miss our flight.” He said taking my hands as he ushered me out of the house.

“You aren’t listening.” I said pulling my hand away frustratedly. “There’s nothing to figure out!”

He stopped dead in his tracks, “What are you trying to tell me?” He asked looking down at me.

“I’m trying to tell you that I don’t want to live in Canada. Even for a month! That isn’t my home, and it’s not where I want to raise my kids.” I said firmly.

“So this is really what this is all about then, it has nothing to do with your bakery.” He said pausing as he rubbed his chin with his hand frustratedly.

“It has everything to do with my bakery, I have a job here. I don’t get to party during the summer I have commitments here.” I said border line yelling.

“What about your commitment to me?” He hollered back at me to such a degree that I winced out of the way.

Coming back with more courage than ever I hollered back at him, “You knew what you were getting into when you married me so don’t give me that shit now. God, you can be so selfish!”

He stared at me with fire in his eyes in such a way I had never seen before. I felt sick to my stomach as I held his eye contact, “I don’t even know what to say to you anymore.” He said in a voice so low and dangerous I knew better than to come back with anything else.

“Fine don’t say anything, we have to go anyway.” I said completely void of any emotion as I swung the front door open and got in the car as I waited for him to do the same. I wiped at my eyes frustratedly as I tried to keep myself from crying. I flinched when I heard him get in the car and then slam the door. What a great start to a vacation….

It felt like days before we finally arrived at Logan and parked the car. I sat there for a minute while I waited for Pat to come open my door for me, but when he went straight for the trunk I knew that it wasn’t happening. Getting out on my own, I took my carryon bag from the back seat and took a hold of my suitcase. I was waiting for Patrice to tell me no to give me any sign that he wouldn’t hate me forever. Once again there was nothing. He simply took his bags and started to wheel off in the direction of the airport. I quickly followed after him, praying that by the time the plane took off we would be okay.

We checked our bags in and went through security still without a word having been said and I hadn’t seen him since we checked in at our gate. I sat alone with my bag at my feet while I tried my best not to burst into tears. And to think this morning started out like a dream.

“Baby.” I heard him breathe softly into my ear. His warmth enveloped my body in absolute bliss as we lay in bed that morning. “We should really get ready.” He whispered as he placed kisses all over my face until I broke a smile letting on that I was actually awake.

“What time is it?” I asked turning my body so that I was pressed up against him.

“It’s seven o’clock.” He said as he nipped playfully at my earlobe and neck.

“Why are you waking me up then?” I complained as I giggled.

“WHY AM I WAKING YOU UP???” He asked pretending to be outraged as he pounced on me and tickled me until I was screaming for him to stop. He hovered over me as he held eye contact with me before letting his eyes wander down my body lustfully. Just when I thought I was gonna get it he shook his head and rolled off the bed. I sat up in the bed and chucked a pillow at him.

“What in the heck was that?” I asked folding my hands in front of my chest.

“What are you talking about?” He asked looking at me with an innocent look on his face.

“You can’t give me the bedroom eyes and then just leave me here.” I said laughing, “Get back here.” I said crawling to the edge of the bed where he was standing. I sat up on my knees so I could pull him down for a kiss. Before things could get too carried away he pulled apart.

“We’re gonna be late for our flight if we start this now.” He said placing a last kiss on my lips before going into the bathroom and shutting the door.

“Enjoy your cold shower.” I called from the bedroom as I rolled over to catch my last ten minutes of sleep.


That was it; I ran to the bathroom and ran into a stall before I completely fell apart. I cried so hard that I made myself throw up. Flushing the toilet I stood up and walked out towards the sinks. I washed my hands and then splashed copious amounts of water all over my face trying to wash off my tear stained cheeks. That’s when I heard our gate call for last boarding. I rushed back to the gate and showed them my ticket hoping that Patrice was on the plane.

~~~~~

Patrice sat at the bar with his face in his hands completely unaware of the world going on around him. How could she not want to go to Canada with me? She must have known that this was the plan, it’s my home. It’s who I am. I can’t believe how selfish she’s being, was this really how marriage was supposed to be? Angry fights with hurtful words and cold shoulders the rest of the time. I knew she was keeping things from me, but I didn’t realize she would hide her feelings from me. She’s been keeping secrets this whole time…

The bartender brought Patrice back from his own world, “Hey can I get you anything?” He asked.

“Yea a beer would be great.” Patrice said pulling out his wallet.

The man came back with a large glass leaving it with Patrice so he could sulk about his situation. Patrice wasn’t sure what hurt him more, the fact that she wanted nothing to do with his life or the fact she had been keeping how she felt from him for so long. One thing was for sure though, this wasn't something he was going to let her just sweep under the rug. He didn’t want that kind of relationship; they had been doing that too often lately instead of dealing with the problem. Lately she would burst into tears and he would pull her into his arms like they hadn’t fought at all. Patrice was done acting like everything was fine when it wasn’t.

Sometimes he wondered if they didn’t rush into getting married because she got pregnant. He thought about how different things would be if it never happened and whether they would be fighting right now. Before he could put anymore thought into things he heard his flight number be called over the speakers. He downed the rest of his beer and left some money on the table before grabbing his bag and heading towards his gate.

Once at the gate he looked around for his wife, but she was nowhere in sight. He hadn’t expected her to wait for him after the way he treated her, but a small part of him was hoping she would be sitting where he left her to wait for him. This made him feel even angrier inside, he knew he was being an ass but she acted and said things with no concern of how they would make him feel or act. Patrice doubted if she ever took his feeling s into consideration before acting on her impulsive whims.

He checked his ticket at the desk before getting on the plane, curious whether he would even see her on the plane. It wouldn’t surprise him if she simply went back home just to spite him. After all they were supposed to be going on this vacation to celebrate the cup win and relax with a few of his teammates. She could care less what they would think, something he usually loved about her but now feared, and wouldn’t blink twice before leaving him on the plane to travel alone. By time he got to his seat Patrice could have sworn steam was coming through his ears, the seat next to his was empty….

~~~~~

I looked at my ticket as I walked down the aisle checking for my seat. I spotted Patrice; he was looking down at something still having his hat and sunglasses on. I looked down at the ground nervously as I approached my seat. I struggled putting my bag in the overhead compartment as a nice man beside me took the bag from my hands and helped me stuff it in there.

I blushed softly embarrassed at my lack of strength, “Thank you so much.” I said smiling at him friendlily.

“No problem miss.” The man said before taking his seat across the aisle.

I slipped into my chair beside Patrice and almost lost it again as the sudden onrush of emotions came over me again. He didn’t speak to, look at, or even acknowledge my presence the entire flight. He simply turned himself away from me, put his head phones in, and fell asleep.

I couldn’t decide if it was the fighting or the flying that was making me feel sicker. All I knew is that I was a complete wreck. Once the plane was in the air and the seatbelt sign signaled I was up and out of my seat rushing down the aisle to the bathroom. I got inside and slid the door shut before locking it. I face myself in the mirror, aware of how sick I looked. I splashed water on my face trying to calm myself down enough to make it through the flight.

I opened the door to find the same man who helped me with the bag outside the door. He gave me a sheepish grin before I was tossed into his arms from the planes turbulence. I awkwardly got back onto my feet apologizing.

“Don’t worry about it, I actually came back here to check on you, you didn’t look too great when you rushed back here, and well… I noticed you were traveling alone. Thought you might need something.” He said as he stuck his hands into his pant pockets still giving me his boyish grin.

I could help but smile warmly back at him, “Thanks for the concern, but I’m actually flying with my husband.” I said stepping around him before I made my way back to my seat only to see that Pat’s seat was empty. I looked around nervously for him, until I saw him up front talking to one of the pretty flight attendants. My stomach churned with jealousy, how the hell dare he. He was taking his eight month pregnant wife on vacation and all he could do was hit on slutty flight attendants….If I wasn’t mad before I sure was now.

I sat down in the window seat as I stared out the window wondering how things ever got this out of hand. My vision blurred as my eyes welled up with tears I was done hiding. They fell freely down my face as I continued staring out my window trying my best to ignore my husband as he sat down beside me.

“Hey.” He whispered softly as he put his hand over my own. I yanked my hand away as I continued to look out the window. “Come on look at me.” He pleaded in a gentle voice.

“No.” I whispered, afraid that if I spoke any louder my voice would crack.

“Then just listen to what I have to say.” He said as he pulled my body closer to his. “I’m not mad at you.” He said softly.

This caught my attention, I turned to look at him and raised my eyebrow at him, “Oh so you think you’re just gonna lie your way out of this one?” I asked pulling away from him, “Don’t even.” I said shaking my head at him.

“I’m not mad at you anymore.” He said emphasizing his last words.

“Oh that’s much better.” I scoffed.

“Well at least I’m trying.” He sighed in frustration. “We can’t just ignore the problem.”

“Oh yes I saw that when you were up front hitting on the flight attendant.” I said raising my eyebrows at him sporting my cockiest grin.

“Wait were you jealous I was talking to her?” He asked grinning at me.
“No, I was hurt that you couldn’t even bear to look at me, but still had it in you to flirt with another woman.” I said as tears welled up in my eyes, “You know what, don’t talk to me anymore.” I said completely turning my body away from him and snuggling up the best I could to the wall trying to sleep.

~~~~

“We need to talk about this.” Patrice said as he carried our bags into the house we would be staying in.

“What is there to talk about? You won’t touch me, you don’t love me, and I don’t blame you. I’m the size of a whale and my hormones are out of control. I wouldn’t want to be married to me either.” I said as hot tears pooled down my cheeks, “And the worst part is there’s nothing I can do to make you love me.”

“You don’t think I love you?” He asked almost as if he was speaking to himself.

“Why wouldn’t I? I know you don’t think I’m attractive.” I said as big crocodile tears pooled down my cheeks.

“Where is this coming from?” He asked dropping the bags and stepping closer to me.

“We haven’t had sex in four months. You won the Stanley Cup and we still didn’t have sex. I get it though I’m huge. My ankles are the size of grapefruits; I have a barrel strapped to my body, and let’s face it my jowls are less than sexy.”

“Come here.” He asked softly.

“No.” I said sniffling.

“Come here.” He said this time more than asked.

I still didn’t budge. Patrice closed the gap and pulled me into his arms before he kissed me on the lips. He moved down my neck just below my ear when he started to whisper in my ear between kisses.

“I love the way you look now, swollen ankles, round belly, and even your cheeks.” He said giving each of them a peck, “All because you’re carrying my babies. I’ve never found you as sexy as I do now. I have to fight myself constantly to keep my hands off of you because I don’t want to hurt you or be too rough with you. Honestly I just don’t know if I could hold back with you, that’s why I’ve shut you down lately.” He confessed as he now stared into my eyes.

“What about Canada? I can’t live in two places. It just won’t work.” I said resting my head against his chest.

“Give me two weeks there?” He asked giving me a soft smile.

“Alright.” I said smiling.

“Okay.” He said letting out a sigh of relief before he swept me off my feet and carried me to the bedroom.

“What are you doing?” I asked as he laid me down gently.

“Something I’ve been dying to do for months.” He said smiling at me wickedly.

~~~~

The light pouring in the massive bay window of our bedroom pulled me awake from my dreams. I laid still snuggled into Pat’s warm as memories from the night before played back in my head. We went at it until we both passed out from exhaustion last night. I moved gently off of him causing him to slip out of me. He groaned in pleasure as he pulled me back in close to his body.

“Where are you off to?” He asked as he kissed my temples softly.

“Just to the bathroom I’ll be back.” I said gently as I slipped off the bed and made my way to the bathroom. I could feel Patrice’s eyes on me as I shut the door. I faced myself in the mirror and could see several bluish purple marks on my neck and collar bone. Great. Once I was done in the bathroom I walked back into the bedroom and got back into bed with Patrice. He was laying there with his eyes closed looking oh so peaceful.

“You know we can’t lie here all day.” He said his voice logged with exhaustion.

“And why not?” I asked giggling as I snuggled closely into his chest, “I kinda like it here.” I said as I poked his sides.

“We have to pick the rest of the Johnny, Milan, and the girls up from the airport.” He said laughing.

“Oh yea…” I said trying to figure a way out of this, “Umm they can catch a cab?” I joked.

“Come on.” He said getting up out of the bed and pulling me with him. I noticed for the first time the long marks down his back.

“Oh my goodness.” I said touching his back gently.

“Yea thanks.” He said sheepishly grinning at me.

“I’m sorry honey.” I said smirking at him.

“Yea me too.” He said motioning to the marks left on my body.

“Last night was worth it.” I said letting the night before flash before my eyes. A small shiver ran up my spine in response.

Once we were in the bathroom he started the shower and tested the water before pulling me in with him. Patrice pulled me in close so that my back was up against his chest as the water cascaded down our tired bodies. He kissed down my neck as his hands held my breasts in his hands. I let my hands wrap around his neck above me as he loved on me. Done being teased, I turned around and pulled him down to me in a heated kiss.

“We are gonna be late.” He said as he pulled away.

“Then you’d better be quick.” I said as I slapped his butt playfully.

“Merde.” He groaned, “You will be the end of me.” He said laughing.

“I try.” I said giving him a flirty wink.

~~~~

“God, I hope their flight is late.” I said as we drove towards the airport pickup.

“I’m sure you can just explain to them why it is that we are half an hour late.” Patrice said giving me a cocky smile as he parked the car.

“Oh yea I’ll just tell them I’m a horny pregnant woman.” I said laughing hysterically.

Lucky for us there flight was, in fact, late. They had just reached customs when we walked through the doors. Before we knew it we we’re all back in the car listening to Valentina talk excitedly about her flight.

“And then a nice lady gave me a box of snacks and a real airplane pin, like the kind the pilots wear!” She said pointing to it on her shirt, “When I grow up I wanna be a pilot too, then I could go on vacations aaaaallll the time.”

“Only if you bring Auntie with you baby.” I said taking her small hand in my own. We were all crammed into our Chevy suburban. Johnny, Milan, and Brittany sat in the middle row; Sheena and the twins sat in the very back; and Patrice, Vally, and I all sat in the front.

“Oh yes, and Uncle Pat too!” She squealed.

“Hey what about Uncle Johnny?” Johnny teased as he ruffled her hair from the back seat.

“Johnny!!” She giggled in her seat just as we made it back to our hotel.

“Don’t scream honey.” Milan scolded gently from the back seat.

“Okay Daddy.” She said as she folded her hands neatly in her lap.

By the time we made it back to the resort and everybody got settled into the house we were all sharing for the next two weeks, Valentina was passed out on the couch exhausted with Milan, Sheena was sleeping with Zoe while Johnny fed Kenzie, and Brittany was unpacking her families bags into their two rooms. Leaving Pat and I to go explore and sit by the beach to soak up some sun.

We left hand in hand to go find the way to the beach luckily for this pregnant waddler, our house came with golf carts to take us all over the resort. I took charge and hopped into the driver’s seat before Pat could be manly macho and drive us everywhere.

“Keys please!” I said giving him a cheesy smile.

“You’re lucky you’re so damn cute.” He said handing them to me as he slipped in beside me. “That and I like a free ride.” He gave me a quick kiss before I hit the gas sending us down the small paved road towards the main part of the resort.

I pulled up to the space reserved for the carts and got off with Pat as we headed towards the tiki looking hut by the pool. We got some fresh smoothies and then headed down to the beach to sit and take in the beautiful weather. It truly was like something out of a commercial as we lay there together listening to the water roll in against the sand. After about twenty minutes it dawned on me that I had better have Patrice help me put some sunblock on. I wasn’t usually one to burn, but being pregnant my skin had been so much more sensitive.

“Honey can you help me out putting some lotion on?” I asked as I sat up and pulled the bottle out of my bag.

“Yea sure baby.” He said as he squeezed some into his hands before massaging it into my skin.

“Thank you, do you want some?” I asked.

“No I should be fine.” He said pulling me back in close to him as he let his hand fall naturally to my stomach. “I like you swimsuit.” He said simply as we laid there relaxed.

I looked up at him and smiled softly, “Yea?” I asked.

“Yea.” He said reassuring me.

“Thanks.” I said before relaxing back into his embrace.

We laid there listening to the waves absorbing as much sun and warmth as we could. It was a beautiful day, one I knew I would remember forever. I loved that we didn’t have to do anything spectacular to make it feel perfect. As long as I was in his arms my day would be beautiful. He looked down at me and smiled a tired grin at me before kissing me softly.

“Tell me something.” He said in a gentle voice.

I smiled back at him enjoying the mood he was in, “What do you want to hear?” I asked.

“Anything, tell me what’s going on in that pretty head of yours.” He said turning just enough so that we were facing each other.

“Hmm let me think,” I said, “I was just thinking about how we got here.”

“Um on an Airplane?” He teased.

“That’s not what I meant, like you and I and our relationship, we’ve come so far. I mean, we’re married and in two months we’ll have two babies. It’s only been two years and yet I feel like I’ve known you for ten. We’ve overcome so much just for this moment. To lay in your arms with the sun pouring on us, it’s just I don’t know… I guess kind of perfect.”

He just looked at me tenderly before he brushed a piece of hair out of my face, “What’s your favorite memory, I mean of the time we’ve been together.”

I took me a second to come up with just one, but after a while it dawned on me that it had to be this.

“Meeting your family was probably my favorite.” I said as I laced our fingers together as I kissed each of his knuckles.

He nodded with a grin, “You mean it?” He said as he brushed my hair with his hands.

“Without a doubt, What about you?” I asked.

He laid there beside me quietly for a moment before he was able to come up with one, “When we babysat Valentina back when we had just gotten engaged, I remember thinking what a good mom you would be.”

“She was so sick.” I said frowning at the memory of a coughing, crying new born baby.

“Yea but you didn’t freak out; it was like you knew exactly what to do.” Pat said smiling.

“I was freaking out on the inside.” I said laughing.

He laughed to as he sat up, “It’s getting hot, you wanna go take a dip?” He asked as he helped me up.

“Yea the water looks beautiful.”

“I’ll race you?” He teased.

“Oh yea, let’s see who can waddle the fastest.” I said laughing as we walked down to the water. The waves crashed against our legs as we waded deeper and deeper until we were out far enough to be submerged in the warm water. I wrapped my arms and legs around Patrice as he held me close. He bumped me with his nose playfully before kissing me. We were pulled out of our moment by Milan crashing into us sending both of us under water.

I came up coughing up water and splashing him back as I hid behind Patrice for a shield.

“You guys should really get a room next time.” Milan teased as Brittany finally caught up with him.

“I’m sorry I thought I left my four year old back at the room.” She teased him.

“HA HA so funny.” He mocked as he pulled her close and settled into the water, “So what’s the plan for tonight?” He asked.

“Well I actually told Sheen I would watch the girls, but you guys should go out.” I said smiling, “Vally could stay with me too.”

“Are you sure?” Britt asked.

“Yea I mean it’s not like I can drink, I’d rather the rest of you have fun than be stuck with the cranky pregnant lady.” I said laughing.

“You are seriously the best.” Brittany raved as she pulled me in for a hug.

~~~~

“Alright you be good for Auntie.” Brittany said prepping Vally before they all went out for the night.

“Okay mommy I’ll be a good girl.” Vally said.

I could hear them talk from our bedroom as I wound down for the night. I quickly changed into some yoga shorts and a loose tank top before Patrice came out of the bathroom in a pair of sweats hanging low on his pelvis.

“I thought you were going out with the gang tonight?” I said wrapping my arms around him.

“I thought we were watching the kids?” He said confused.

“Oh, I didn’t mean you had to.” I said looking into his deep brown eyes.

“I came on this vacation to spend time with you, not my team.” He said pushing a piece of hair out of my face, “I’m happy to spend the night in with you and the kiddos. I figured we could use the practice anyways.”

“Every time I think I can’t love you any more than I already do, you say things like that.” I said kissing his strong arms that were wrapped around me. “But if we are going to be babysitting you are going to have to put a shirt on.” I said as I tickled his sides before walking out of the bedroom to see everyone ready to head out.

“Any problems with the twins just call me and I’ll come right back, I just fed them so they should be happy to sleep. If they wake up there’s a few bottles in the fridge I pumped this morning they usually take that just fine and go back to sleep.” Sheena said showing me wear everything for the babies was in their room.

“It’s only a few hours they’ll be fine.” I said reassuringly rubbing her back, “Go have a fun night, believe me you deserve it.”

“Thanks a ton for doing this.” Brittany said as we came out of Sheena’s room, “If you two are ready we can head out now.”

“Yea we’re set, right Sheen?” Johnny asked as he wrapped an arm around her. She smiled and nodded as everyone said their goodbyes and headed out leaving Pat and I to watch a movie with Vally.

“So what do you wanna watch Vally?” Patrice asked as he finally came out of the bedroom now dressed more fully but just as sexy.

“Let’s watch The MUPPETS Uncle Patty!!!” Vally squealed as she dove over the couch and pulled the DVD for her bag.

“Alright, but you gotta be a little quiet because the twins are sleeping.” Patrice said softly as he took the case form her hands and ruffled her hair.

“Sorry Uncle.” She said timidly.

“Don’t be sorry honey I’m not mad, I just don’t want the babies to cry.” He said with a gentle smile on his face.

“Okay.” She said with a pleased smile on her face as the movie was about to start. “Auntie are you coming the movies starting.” She called to me.

“I’ll be right there.” I said putting together some snacks for us to have while we watched the movie. I came in carrying a bowl of popcorn with some m&ms mixed in. I sat next Patrice who took me in his arms and snuggled me as Vally snuggled up to me. She laid her head on my belly giving it a kiss before she started giggling at miss piggy tackling Kermit to the ground.

“Auntie would you do that to uncle?” She asked still laughing.

“Sometimes when I really miss him I feel like it.” I admitted as I rubbed her belly softly as she munched on the snacks.

“Sometimes I do that to Daddy when he comes home from playing so many games.” She said smiling. She stayed pretty quiet for the rest of the movie except when she would start to laugh at something that happened. Over all the night went smoothly, when the movie was over Patrice carried a very tired Valentina to her room to tuck her in. Once I finished picking up all of our snacks and cleaning up I stood just at the door and listened to Pat and Vally talk.

“Will you sing me a song?” She asked as he was laying her down for bed.

“Umm yea, let me think real quick.” He said trying to come up with a child’s song to sing her. Then he thought back to one of his favorites that his own mother would sing him when he’d had a bad dream, “Is it okay if it’s in French?” He asked hoping she wouldn’t mind too much.

“Yea okay.” She said laying her head back as she waited for him to sing.

Pat started out softly, “L'était une petite poule grise,” He had to stop to clear his throat, “Qu’allait pondre dans l'église, Pondait un p'tit' coco, Que L’Enfant mangeait tout chaud. L'était une p'tit' poul' noir, Qu'allait pondre dans l'armoire, Pondait un p'tit' coco, Que l'enfant mangeait tout chaud.” He sang to her in a soft low voice that was comforting.

She reached up with her hands and touched his face gently, “What’s that mean?” She asked giggling.

“It’s about a little grey hen, she lays an egg and a little boy eats it.” He laughed gently as he realized how silly this song was.

“Oh, I think I like the French version better.” She teased.

“Yea me too.” Pat said laughing with the little girl

“Uncle, will you and Auntie still get to see me when you have your babies?” She asked innocently.

“Of course sweetie, who else are we gonna have teach them how to be a big kid?” He asked giving her a soft kiss to her forehead.

Valentina was silent for a while obviously thinking it over in her head. Just when I thought she had fallen asleep she answered in a very tired voice, “Ya I guess you’ll have to come see me then.”

“Okay get some sleep Princess.” He said gently before tucking her covers all around her, turning her night light on, and walking out of the bedroom to catch me eavesdropping.

I had a single tear running down my cheek as I stepped out of the way so he could shut her door. He looked at me concerned when he noticed me crying, “What is it are you okay?” He asked.

“Yea just hormonal.” I said laughing lightly. “You are going to be a great dad.” I said as I cupped his cheek in the palm of my hand before I pulled him in for a kiss. The moment was interrupted by two unhappy babies starting to cry.

Quickly I went into the bedroom to find both Kenzie and Zoe crying. I picked up Kenzie and brought her out to Pat. “Babe will you hold her while I get Zoe?” I asked as I held her out to him.

“I don’t know if I should what if I do something wrong?” He asked nervously, “I’ve never held a baby this young.” He admitted slightly embarrassed.

“What about Madeline?” I asked thinking he had to have held his sisters baby.

“By time the summer came and I was able to visit home she was already six months old.” Pat said still not taking the baby.

“You’ll be fine, come here and sit down.” I said ushering him over to the couch.

I placed the baby in his arms while I helped him prop her neck up properly by giving him some pillows under his arm. “Perfect just like that.” I encouraged as I went to grab a still crying Zoe.

“Oh it’s alright Zoe, I’m here.” I said as I picked her up out of the bouncer and brought her into the living room with Patrice. I sat down next to him as he spoke gently to her as she lulled back to sleep.

“Look at you holding a baby, you’re a natural.” I praised.

He smiled at me, “You don’t mean that.” He said modestly, but obviously pleased with himself.

“Yes I do, you’ve already put her back to sleep beautifully.” I said smiling at him, nothing was more attractive than seeing him with a baby, well that is for one thing. I was sure that when I saw him with our babies he would be even more attractive than ever before.

“Thank you.” He said as he smiled at me the look in his eyes let me know he was thinking of something much deeper.

“What is it?” I asked eager for a glimpse into his brain.

“I was just thinking that in two months this is gonna be our life.” He said looking down at the sleeping baby in his arms, “Except our babies will be much, much cuter.”

“Oh my goodness babe you’re so bad!” I said gently shoving his shoulder.

“I’m just being honest, I mean these two are cute, but ours are gonna be something out of a Gerber commercial.” He said smiling at me.

“Well their Dad came from the gods so it’s only natural.” I said smirking at him knowing his modesty would kick in.

He blushed lightly as a smile washed over his face, “I was thinking it was because their mums the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.”

“You don’t mean that.” I said smiling at him.

He looked at me in shock as he shook his head, “Are you crazy? Of course I mean that.”

“Mean what?” Johnny asked as he and the rest of them came walking in with the others.

“Nothing. The babies were perfect.” I said standing up and handing him Zoe. I went to grab Kenzie from Patrice but he was already standing and handing her off to Sheena. “Good job baby.” I whispered in his ear as I gave him a kiss to the cheek.

“How was our peanut?” Brittany asked as she peaked into the little girl’s bedroom.

“She was great as usual.” I said smiling as Patrice took my hand and led me off to the bedroom, “Goodnight guys.” I said as I closed the door behind me.

The second the door was closed Pat had me in his arms holding me close to him, “I mean it.” He said softly as he laid me down on the bed.

“Meant what?” I giggled.

“I meant that you are the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen. You have been since the moment I laid eyes on you. Seeing you ruined every other woman for me. I see someone and immediately think they aren’t as beautiful as my wife.” He kissed me softly on the mouth and pulled back as he stared me in the eyes, “Don’t look at me that way, I’m serious.” He said as he brushed my bangs out of my face.

“Really?” I asked with tears in my eyes.

“Oh my god yes! Why after all this time do you still not believe me?” He asked kissing me on the mouth.

“I believe you sometimes I just like to hear it.” I said as I kissed him more deeply than ever before.

“You’re unbelievable.” He laughed into the kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone sorry it's been a while since I updated this, been a little frustrated with this story lately and its made writing a disaster. This story has just been one dramatic thing after the other and that's not what I want to write. I've been letting my emotions take control of this and its just become one huge sitcom and I'm not happy with it at all. I'm not sure what to do about it really, I've been thinking about starting a new story with the same characters and background just focusing more on them raising the kids and getting back to the romantic side of things instead of one trauma after another, and then I've also been debating just stopping this altogether and moving on to something else maybe an Adam Mcquaid story??? Let me know what you guys think in the comments.
As always thanks for sticking with me through all of this xoxoxo Oh and I hope you all had a special Valentines Day!!
~Sarah