Status: First time writing fan fiction, and really anything. Could use some feedback. Thank you! (:

Hiding in the Open

Chapter Three: Harry's the One

I stood up, throwing a quick glance in Niall's direction saying, "I have to go, we'll talk later," then walking out the door I passed Harry. I heard Niall call after me, but I ignored him, climbing into my car and starting it.

I checked my rearview mirror only to see a car blocking my pathway to get out of the driveway. I took a deep breath before I turned off the car and stepped out to walk up to Niall's front door. I tapped on it three times and then Harry answered the door. "Hello, love." He said with a sly smile.

My breath hitched in my throat so I just nodded and stepped around him inside the house. Harry grabbed my arm and pulled me back before I could step into the living room and Niall saw me.

"Ashland, right?" He whispered.

"Um, yeah. You're Harry I presume?"

"Yeah."

I nodded and turned away to let my existence be known to Niall, but Harry grabbed my wrist and brought me back. I gave him a questioning glance.

"Sorry, it's just that-"

Niall cut him off, "Harry, who was at the door?"

I took the opportunity to escape from Harry and answered Niall's question, "It's just me, I couldn't get out. Someone parked behind me." I shot a glance towards Harry and then walked into the living room and sat next to Niall. Harry soon followed after and sat on the chair in front of us.

"So, Ashland, do you want to finish telling me about your nightmare?"

I eyed Harry and then faced Niall, "No, we'll talk about it later. Is it okay if I go and crash on your bed?"

Niall smiled and nodded, "I'll be in there soon, just have to finish some stuff with Harry."

I smiled back at him and went into his bedroom, pulling back the covers and crawling in, letting the darkness take over.
~~~~~~~

I was asleep when I felt the bed dip next to me. My eyes fluttered open and I rolled over meeting the eyes of Niall. I looked over his shoulder and checked the time. 7 a.m. "What took so long with Harry?"

"Just business stuff, nothing to worry about." He smiled down at me as he engulfed me into a cuddling hug, my head resting in the crook of his neck.

I sat up and stared down at him. "Nothing to worry about? Niall, it was four in the morning! He couldn't wait until noon or something?"

"I should ask you the same question," he sat up with his face inches from mine. "You couldn't wait to tell me your 'nightmare' until noon?"

Tears started springing to my eyes. Before he could notice I rolled over and curled into a ball.

"Ashland? What's wrong?" He leaned over me, cupping my cheek and trying to get me to look at him. We made eye contact for a second, before I sharply turned my head away from him. "Babe, please talk to me."

I huffed before I sat up and looked at his beautifully curious face. "I had a dream about my boyfriend dying. Not once, but twice. I had to make sure you were okay. And I'm glad I did, especially since he showed up."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Concern flashed across his features as he pushed the loose strands of blonde locks behind my ear and wiped away the tear streaks with the tip of his thumb.

"Niall," I looked down shaking my head.

He kissed my forehead then lifted my chin so my face could meet his. "It's okay, go on," he reassured with a small smile.

"Harry's the one who killed you in my nightmares."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh. I hated this chapter.
Can I just say thank you to my 5 subscribers and 26 readers?
Thank you guys for reading it, you have no idea how proud I am even though its such a small number, I am SO GRATEFUL so THANK YOU <3
Okay, well I better go and type up tomorrows chapter, fingers crossed its better than this one.
Byeeeeeeeeee (: