Status: give it a try

Back for You

'Cause we're one and the same.

I looked down at my plate as I played my half-eaten food with my fork. Well, the food was delicious, but I just was not in the mood to eat anymore. I had eaten a lot of food today. I bought fish and chips on my way to university earlier this afternoon, I also had burger for lunch (which was rare), and now Sienna took me to Nandos with her and her beloved boyfriend, Ryan. It’s just my stomach could not take it anymore.

“Why don’t you finish that?” I looked up to see Ryan pointing at my food with his fork. He talked when he was still munching his food. Gosh, Sienna really needed to teach her boyfriend manners.

“I just don’t feel like eating anymore.” I shrugged my shoulders casually and put my fork down, leaning casually in the back of seat and facing the two love bird in front of me.

“Are you okay? Are you sick?” It was Sienna’s turn to ask. I only shrugged my shoulders again and sighed loudly. I did not deny that I was sick, it’s just I have been feeling weird all day and I wasn't comfortable with it.

“Nah, I’m okay,” I answered shortly and gave them a reassuring smile, “It’s just… I’ve eaten too much all day and I have so many things in my mind.”

Sienna sighed and put down her fork and knife as well, “ah, you’re worrying about your grades again, aren’t you?” I stayed silent, “Come on! You clearly don’t have to worry about your grades! It’s me who should be worried about mine, actually.”

That kind of made me smile a little, “Look. You’re here on a scholarship and will also be graduating early. You have nothing to worry about!” I looked down and blushed. She was right though, but I couldn’t help to feel insecure and not good enough about everything.

“But I still think that she needs a boyfriend.” I looked up and shot Ryan a look, “What? I’m just stating the truth! I’ve known you for a year now yet I haven’t seen you going out with a guy.” I rolled my eyes at him annoyingly.

“That’s not on my top 10 list, Ry. I’m here to pursue my dreams, not to find some guy to date.” I never really thought about being in relationships, or even trying my luck to find a guy. To be honest, I just never thought about it and didn’t make a big deal out of it. I just thought that… relationship is nothing but a waste of time and energy. I just couldn’t see myself being in a relationship with someone, no matter how hard I tried to.

“But still!” Sienna pushed, “You’re young, smart and beautiful…..” I didn’t really pay attention on what Sienna said after that. Practically she just started to ramble how I could easily get a guy under my charm if I want. She also told me how I should party with her sometimes. Sometimes I just wanted to roll my eyes at every word she said, but I held it back. I knew I couldn’t do that to her when she kindly let me live with her.

“Guys, I have a great idea.” That pulled me out of my trance. Sienna pulled out her shiny iPhone and grinned cheekily, “Hazza just text me, saying that he’s going to the club with his friends tonight.”

“Who the hell is Hazza?” I muttered under my breath and sipped my drink. Who the hell would name their kid ‘Hazza’? What kind of name is that? That’s just ridiculous.

“And he told me to come and also wished that I could bring some company.” I didn’t understand Sienna and how she lived sometimes. She’s practically going out (and mostly to the club) every Friday and sometimes on Tuesday too. Doesn’t she have something better to do than partying?

“Well, you’re going with Ryan as usual.” I stated, completely blowing off that subject. But too bad, some things just didn’t go with my liking.

“And we’re taking you to go with us.” I shot another look at Ryan. It’s official that both of my closest friends had lost their mind. They knew that club wasn’t my thing and never in the world would I step my feet at that place.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I laughed dryly and shook my head faintly, “Well, I have to study for quiz tomorrow so it’s settled that I’m not coming with you guys.”

Sienna scoffed, “You’ll have a quiz which you have studied for since yesterday.” She rolled her eyes, “Come on, Jen. Having one night to have fun with me and the others wouldn’t hurt. You should give it a chance, Jen. I know you have never done it before.”

I hated the fact that she was right. I’ve never been to a club before. I just didn’t like it and… I just had no intention to go there. Every time my friends asked me to go out with them to a club, I would always politely reject them by saying that I have to study or do my assignment. I just never went out. And, Sienna kind of had a point right there. Having fun with her and the others wouldn’t hurt a bit, right?

I sighed, “Fine. I’ll go with you.” Sienna almost squealed and scared the whole restaurant but Ryan was quick enough to calm his girlfriend. Both of them smiled widely at me like some parents who were proud that their daughter won a gold medal on Math Olympiad.

“Tonight’s going to be so much fun!” Sienna beamed at me and I could only return the excitement with a small smile on my face that I wasn’t even sure if it was fake or real. Oh God. I felt like I was about to get myself into something bad. God, what did I get myself into this time?

*****

Sienna told me that we’re leaving at 9pm, which meant I still have an hour to get ready. But instead starting to dive in my dresser and try to find something to wear, I just sat casually on my bed with my precious MacBook in front of me. I was done trying to find something to wear for tonight; I couldn’t find any clothes that are decent enough for tonight. The only thing I have inside my dresser was various kinds of t-shirts, leggings and jeans.

“Sienna! Are you ready yet?” I turned my face and saw Sienna poking her head. I just simply shook my head and turned my head to face my laptop again, “You’ve got to be kidding me.” She muttered under her breath as she walked in to my room.

“I can’t find something to wear.” I stated simply as I turned off my laptop then put it aside. I could sense that Sienna was almost in the edge of losing it all. By that, I meant… she’s going to check my dresser trying to find something to wear and basically just tell me to try every clothes that she finds in it.

“Come with me. I’ve got something for you.” I followed Sienna to her room. She was already dressed up for the night. Her make up was all done and she’s wearing high heels too. Overall, she’s just really beautiful and I kind of envied her for that. She didn’t have to try so hard of anything. Mate, I could tell Ryan was a lucky man to have Sienna on his arms.

“Change to this and I’ll do your hair after that.” I did what I was told. I didn’t want to say anything again because I didn’t feel like I needed too.

The good thing about tonight was, I didn’t get to wear a dress like Sienna did. Thank God. I just couldn’t see myself wearing a dress like Sienna. My body wasn’t as curved as Sienna was, so I bet the dress wouldn’t look good on me.

Anyway, as soon as I was done putting my clothes on, Sienna started to do my hair as I did my own make-up. I hated to wear make-up but for the sake of tonight, I had to. I kept it simple though, I just wasn’t comfortable with wearing a lot of make-up. It felt like wearing a mask.

“Girls!” I could hear Ryan shout through the flat.

“In my room!” Sienna shouted back, still doing my hair. I didn’t know what she’s doing with my hair but I knew I could trust her with that. A few seconds later, Ryan walked in, already looking good in his button-up shirt and skinny jeans. He greeted his girlfriend with a side hug and a kiss on her lips that lasted long that it should have.

“Guys, I’m here.” I spoke up as I was done with my make up and watched them snog each other from the mirror. They pulled apart from each other and I could see Sienna blushing. Aw.

Once Sienna was done with my hair, we didn’t waste more time walking around the flat. The three of us immediately left the flat because it’s already a little past 9pm. Sienna said that Hazza and the others were going to be at the club from 9.30 pm.

“Si, who the hell is Hazza?” I asked her once again ‘cause I didn’t get the answer this afternoon.

“It’s Harry, Jen. Don’t you know that everyone calls him ‘Hazza’ sometimes?” Sienna laughed and I just shook my head at her words though I wasn’t sure she could see it.

“I didn’t do a background check on all of them, okay?” I pulled out my phone to check if I have a new message. Turns out, I did. I got a new text and it’s from Liam. It’s nice to know that I have other friends beside Sienna and Ryan.

From: Liam
Are you coming to the club with us tonight?


A smile crept on my face as I read the text from Liam. Liam and I had become instant friends when Sienna introduced me to him at the party she hosted at the flat a few months ago. Not just Liam though, I had become friends with the others too. They’re pretty cool people to talk to and we just enjoyed each other company (though Harry could be a total flirt sometimes).

To: Liam
Yesss. Sienna dragged me to go with her :|


So Liam was going to be there too. That’s good, really. At least I knew someone who would not drink much like I would because I knew Louis and Niall would drink a lot and be completely pissed, just like they did when the first time we met.

“You didn’t tell me Liam is going to be there too,” I spoke up to Sienna and Ryan just practically coughed loudly like he did it on purpose, “What’s the matter, Ry? You got problem with me asking about Liam?”

“No need to be all defensive, Jen. I was just coughing,” I could feel him smirking and sharing looks with Sienna.

“Well, I don’t feel the need to tell you that he’s going to be there. Harry said everyone’s going to be there.” Sienna answered and turned around to face me, “What’s with you and Liam?”

I rolled my eyes at her question, “Nothing.” I bravely faced her too and God, she was smirking at me like she knew that I hid something from her, which I didn’t.

“Come on, Jenna. You know you can tell me anything.” She wiggled her eyebrows crazily and kept smirking at me.

“There’s nothing between me and Liam, Si. You know that. Since when do I start to let a guy into my world?” I rolled my eyes again. It’s crazy how Sienna just asked me about things between me and Liam. Yes, I admit the lad is fit as heck and such a sweetheart but that didn’t mean there’s got to be something between us, right?

“Since I introduced you to Liam the other day.” Ryan just laughed when Sienna said that. Feeling completely defeated, I just shut my mouth and ignored both of them. The more I denied, the more she would tease me and push me to talk.

Sometimes I wonder how the hell I could be best friends with her. Oh well, maybe because we’re both crazy so we just clicked right away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jenna's outfit

This is my first time writing a One Direction fan fiction so bear with me. I'm still adjusting myself with it so yeah. Lol.

Anyway, I know it's kind of short but I promise it will get longer and better in the next chapter. Hope you like it as much as I like writing it! :)