Status: give it a try

Back for You

There’s something in your eyes... Saying c’mon, c’mon and dance with me baby.

The club was really crowded when we got there. Even since the first time I stepped my feet, I could see how crowded the dance floor was and how busy the bar was. It was overwhelming. But as soon as we met Louis at the entrance, he took us to the VIP, which I thought just a bit less crowded.

“Oh my God! Jenna!” Eleanor gushed and cheered happily as she spotted me there with Sienna and Ryan. She might not see it coming, right? “You made it!” We hugged for a little while and I smiled at her.

“Jennaaaaaa!” Soon it was Niall who hugged me. I could tell that he’s already drunk because I could easily smell the alcohol on his breath. I wasn’t surprised that he’s drunk.

“Hi, Ni.” I kissed his cheek before pulling back from the hug and giving him a small smile. The silly look across his face made me want to pinch his cheeks so bad, “You’re already drunk, aren’t you?”

“Nopeeeeee.” He slurred and I just chuckled, shaking my head in disbelief at the Irish boy.

I turned to greet and hug Zayn and Perrie. The couple was all smileys and looking extremely happy, “You should really dance with us.” Perrie said as we pulled back from the hug. I just laughed and gave her a smile. I actually didn’t know what I was going to do next in this place. Of course I would drink a little, but dance? Nah, I’m not sure.

“You look great, Jen.” I turned to face a smirking Harry Styles. He pulled me into a hug and chuckled, “I’m surprised you’re here.” He spoke once we parted. I just shrugged my shoulders, “while you’re here, you really should dance with me.” He wiggled his eyebrows.

“Ah, I’m not very sure about that, Styles.” I spoke and turned to face the last person I hadn’t greeted yet. Liam stood not too far from Harry with an amused look dancing across his face, “Liam.” I nodded at him and went to hug him. Damn. How the hell could he smell this nice?

“I thought you were studying for your quiz tomorrow.” He did paid attention on what I was saying earlier today when he called right after I finished my class, “But you’re here, eh?” he chuckled as we pulled back from the hug and he draped his arm around my shoulder casually.

“I had to beg her so she would come!” Sienna told Liam as she stood beside me, “Oh and she even asked me why the hell I didn’t tell her that you would come.” That made me to bury my face in my hands. What Sienna just did there wasn’t nice. She practically just embarrassed me!

“Ohhhhhh!” Zayn sang, “You have a thing for Liam, eh?” He teased me, making the others to laugh along.

I looked up and rolled my eyes playfully, “I asked so I know that I’m not the one who won’t be drunk tonight!” I told them calmly and shrugged my shoulders.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, Jen.” Eleanor spoke up and smirked at me. Geez. Why did it have to be so hard to convince these people?

A small talk was made here and there as I watched Niall and Harry have a drunken talk in amusement. But that didn’t last long because everyone (yes that included me) had to take shots. I hated to do it, but I had to. And my plan to take only one shot tonight didn’t work out perfectly, so in the end, I took about three shots and I could start to feel my head cloudy or something like that.

What even worse was, the girls dragged me to the dance floor with them. They knew that I didn’t dance (well, I did slow dance but still it’s different) but they forced me to. In the end they taught me though, but I still thought that this isn’t what I’m going to do for the rest of the year. It’s not ‘dancing’, it’s ‘grinding’ and to me it’s ridiculous. No offense though but I just didn’t like it. Besides, my mind was too cloudy to process everything so I excused myself from the girls and went back to sit next to Liam.

“Geez. I shouldn’t take that last shot.” I muttered under my breath as I scratched my back neck. I wasn’t really sure about how I felt at the moment, but slowly I could feel the alcohol inside of me, “How many drinks you already had?” I asked Liam as I smiled while watching Perrie and Zayn—eh most likely Perrie danced around Zayn because he’s just standing there with a grin on his face while Perrie was grinding against him.

“1 shot, I guess.” Liam answered shortly and I turned to give him a look, “What?”

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I said with a laugh but Liam only just smirked and shrugged his shoulders. I pulled out my phone to check the time and turns out it’s already past midnight, but I didn’t really care though. My class wouldn’t start until noon tomorrow so I could just have fun here.

I called Niall to join me and Liam so he would bring more drinks. Well, both Liam and I just stuck to beer for the rest of the night though, but it’s enough for both of us to let loose. As soon as I finished my drink, I was dragged by Niall to the dance floor (again), joining my crazy best friend and her bird, and also Louis. But I dragged Liam with me too. It didn’t look fair to me if he only sat and watched his friends in amusement.

“I can’t dance.” I shouted to my circle but of course, the others could only laugh.

“Oh c’mon! You can’t be serious, can you?” Louis let out a laugh and shook his head at me.

I only rolled my eyes at him, “Did you see me dancing a while ago? I’m not good at this.” I reasoned. But of course, these silly friends of mine didn’t stop right there. Louis, who actually stood in front of me, scooted over so I was standing in front of Liam. And Liam here was in charge of teaching me. I swear I would just murder Louis if I had a chance to.

“You really haven’t done this before, have you?” He asked just loud enough for me to hear. I just shook my head innocently and he chuckled at me, “C’mon.” He carefully put his hands on my hips and I just awkwardly put my hands around his neck. I was looking at his chest because I was too chickened out to look up and face him. It’s because my heart was just beating so fast and I had this weird feeling and… butterflies, maybes? I don’t know. Whatever that was, it’s bothering me… sort of (though I very enjoyed dancing with him).

But after having an internal war with myself, I finally looked up and was pretty surprised of how close he’s with me and how his big brown eyes looking straight into my eyes. Suddenly I had trouble figuring out what to do when those big brown eyes that belonged to Liam were staring me intently. His eyes were kind of eyes that could make you easily get lost in it if you’re staring in to them way too long.

The next thing I knew, ‘We Found Love’ by Rihanna blasted loudly from the speaker as he leaned in and whispered in my ear, “Just let it loose, Jen. Stop overthinking, ok?” It’s ridiculous how his breath that tickled my skin could make me shiver. I blinked my eyes a couple times before shutting it so I could just let the beat of the music take over my movements around Liam as we were dancing against each other.

*****

I scribbled down on my binder, seriously taking notes about what my lecturer just said. The atmosphere around the room was pretty silent, though I could easily hear the soft snores coming from the blonde guy who always drifts off to sleep in the middle of the class, who sat just behind me. I was starting to doubt his seriousness about going to university.

About 15 minutes later, the bell rang loudly and I was done for the day. Because I practically had nowhere to be and nothing to do, I went straight home for a lazy day since tomorrow’s Saturday. Yippie!

Once I already changed into more comfortable clothes, I decided to just watch ‘The Vow’. But before I could even start the movie, Sienna got home, “Hey! You’re home!” She greeted me happily as she put her bags down near the coffee table and plopped down on the space next to me.

“Where do you think I would be, eh? You know I’m done by noon every Friday.” I shrugged my shoulders and leaned casually on the couch.

“Well, maybe you’re out with Liam… who knows?” I turned to face her and shook my head in disbelief at her, “But really, what’s with you and Liam, though?”

And with that one question, the things that happened between me and Liam at the club the other day crossed my mind again. I reminded about how we danced against each other, how his eyes were staring intently into mine, and how my heart beat a thousand times faster as he pulled me closer to him. That’s crazy. I’ve never felt like that towards a guy before and it’s scaring the hell out of me.

I pulled back from my trance and blinked my eyes rapidly before saying, “Nothing, Si. I told you the other day about it.” I started the movie and tried to not feel her presence next to me. I knew she was only going to bug me about Liam. I knew it. She’d been trying to talk me out since the very next day after that night but I never really let her. I was too busy to think about those things.

“Oh come on, Jen. It’s written all over your face!” I kept my eyes on the tellie as ‘The Vow’ started to play, “Jenna…” I kept ignoring her. I was concentrating on watching the movie when I felt the remote being snatched from my hand and the movie stopped.

“Hey!” I protested and tried to take the remote back from Sienna, “Come on, Si. Where are your manners? I’m trying to relax here.” I huffed and pouted at her.

“You know I won’t let you go until I have the answer, Jen.” I rolled my eyes at her. I knew she was being honest though. She would never let me go until she got her answers from me. She’s so persistent, I know.

I sighed heavily, “Why do you want to know so much about me and Liam? You know there’s nothing going on between us. We’re just friends, Si. Why can’t you see that?”

“Because I know that there is something going between you and him. I saw it at the club the other night. Yes, I might be drunk but I wasn’t blind, Jen.” I rolled my eyes at her and ran my fingers through my messy hair.

“Why are you so eager about all of this, Si? I don’t get it.” I tried to drift the subject a bit. Yes, I loved Sienna to the death. God! She’s like the sister I never had in my life, and I’m willing to do anything for her (anything that’s legal, though). But still, I just didn’t need her to be like this to me.

“Because I’ve never seen you like that before towards a guy…” she caught a breath, “…after Joe.” I shot her a look and shook my head in disbelief.

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself, “Look, Si, I love you and I appreciate what you want to do with me now. I don’t know what it actually is but I appreciate it. Yes, I would answer your every question about things between me and Liam, but please… Please, don’t even mention that name ever again.”

She didn’t say anything for a little while. It was like she’s trying to process all my words before. After a moment, she cracked a little smile, “So… there’s really something between you and Liam, eh?” I mentally slapped myself and shook my head in disbelief again before standing up from my seat and walking down to my room.

Once I was safe inside, I locked the door and lie straight on my bed, “Jenna! You haven’t answered my questions!” Sienna said from outside.

“Not now, please. Can you ask some other time?” There was nothing she said, “Aren’t you tired, Si? You just got home and you immediately talked me out about Liam.” I said a little bit louder to her, hoping that she let me go for a little while.
♠ ♠ ♠
2 RECS & 5 SUBS, EH? THANK YOU!! <3

Thank you so much guys! You have no idea how those meant a lot to me :") Anyway, here's the second chapter. Hope you like it!

Just comment. subscribe. recommend. or anything. THANK YOU ;)