Status: give it a try

Back for You

I found out that everybody talks.

The following week was uneventful. I had to catch up on the things that I missed when I didn’t attend classes because I was sick and I got a bit busy as well. I also tried to find a job on the bookstore down the street and on the new magazine in town, ‘Spotted On!’, that seemed to be young adult’s favorite these days.

Other than that, I also had called my parents the night after I went for a walk with Liam. I did my best not to cry because Liam was there, holding my hand the entire time and sometimes giving it a light squeeze every time I started to tear up. As always, the phone call was lasted for about 2 hours. My parents asked about University, Sienna and other unimportant things (such as boy-related stuff). They also told me that my lovely cousin, Arina, finally got pregnant and my other cousin, Vanessa, would finally get married. God, I felt like I missed out on a lot of things.

The second I hung up the phone, I let my tears fall and sobbed uncontrollably as Liam pulled me into his arm, letting me cry on his chest. He whispered comforting words in my ear as I let myself cry. It’s a bit unnecessary, really, and I hated the fact that Liam had to see me cry. I hated the fact that he had to see me having this red nose, puffy red eyes, and tears stained cheeks. I just didn’t like it.

But I really appreciated his presence there for me when Sienna wasn’t. It felt nice to have somebody there to hold me in one of my breakdowns. And it also made the feelings that I had for Liam just get bigger. I was wrong when I thought that I wanted it gone, because no matter what things I do and how hard I try to make it gone, it just won’t go. Not that I have tried anything though, but still.

“How was your day?” Sienna asked as I sat on the space next to her. Because both of us were done early, we decided to have a movies day. We decided to watch a Thailand movie called ‘Crazy Little Thing Called Love’ and not even 5 minutes watching, Sienna already started to ask questions.

“Nah, it’s boring,” I shrugged, “What about you? Any interesting thing happened?”

She shrugged her shoulders too, “Well, maybe Jerry calling me to do another shoot because he’s bored is pretty interesting thing. It’s been two weeks since the last time we did that.”

“That’s nice. I can’t wait to see the result.” I said just as my phone vibrated, signaling that I got a new text. I unlocked my phone and saw that I got a text from Liam.

From: Liam
Heyyyyy Jennaaaaa


I chuckled at his text. Wasn’t he quite a random person?

To: Liam
Yoo Liammmm


I sent the text and locked my phone again, putting it aside so I could concentrate a bit on the movie, “Is that from Liam?” Sienna asked with a smirk on her face.

“Yes,” I answered shortly as a smile crept on my face. Since the day when we went out to have lunch together, Liam and I started to text each other almost everyday. Sometimes he would call or stop by at my flat just when Sienna wasn’t around, even for a little while. We would talk about the most random things ever or just watch something and comment everything about the show. It was fun, and I never really had this much fun since I started going University here.

I realized that Liam has taken my mind off of things and made me a bit relax about school stuff, but it was scaring me. I felt like I couldn’t really focus anymore. Every time I tried to focus, I’d be always reminded of him.

Sienna was about to say something but got cut off by the sound of knocking on the door. She sighed loudly but finally got up from her seat to open the door, “Harry? What are you doing here?” She said loud enough for me to hear.

“What? I couldn’t visit my lovely cousin, eh? You’re mean.” A few seconds later, he walked into the living room, “Hey, Jenna.” He seated on the loveseat and grabbed a cushion, hugging it.

“Hey, Harry,” I greeted and felt my phone vibrate again. Oh another text from Liam.

From: Liam
I’m bored :/ r u busy?

To: Liam
Nahh, just watching movie with Sienna then Harry came. Booo


“You know what… Liam has that same look on Jen’s face every time he’s texting.” Harry spoke, making me to look up from my phone and give him a weird look.

“They’ve been texting these days.” Sienna butted in as she took her spot right next to me. I rolled my eyes at the two and turned my gaze to the tellie, watching the girl group of best friends gossiping over the new guy at school.

“Well that explains why Liam seems to be so much happier these days.” He said and I shot him a weird look again, “What’s with you and Liam actually? Are you guys dating or what?”

“Excuse me?” I was taken aback by Harry’s question, “What makes you think like that? Liam and I are not dating.” I clarified with a roll of my eyes.

“Oh, please,” Sienna chuckled, “I believe he’s going to ask you on date in just a few days. That boy is smitten, Jen.” I rolled my eyes again and crossed my arms over my chest.

“He practically couldn’t stop talking about you!” Harry said but I ignored it when I felt my phone vibrating again, signaling me that I got another text from Liam.

From: Liam
What’s he doin there? I thought he’s going to Niall’s with Louis :/

To: Liam
Well apparently he’s now gossiping with Sienna :|


“She’s texting Liam right now.” Sienna said as I looked up from my phone screen, rolling my eyes in response, “Look, Jen, can we ask you something?” Harry asked and clasped his hands together.

“You just did, Styles,” I chuckled dryly and shrugged my shoulders casually. I knew what they’re going to ask. It’s not that hard to see that they’re going to corner me about this thing between me and Liam.

“Can you tell us how you’re feeling about Liam?” See? I knew it. I knew they’re going to ask me about that.

With a sigh escaping my lips, I said, “I personally think that Liam is a nice person. God, he’s really nice. He’s polite, humble, friendly, and even when I called him in the middle of night saying that I needed somebody to pick me up and a place to stay for a night, he immediately came to the rescue. That time we haven’t been really close like we do right now but he’s willing to let me stay in his flat, and his room because he insisted that he’d take the couch.” I chuckled at the memory, “He’s a gentleman.” I added.

“He’s, uh, that type of a perfect boyfriend, you know. He treats girl with so much respect and… I don’t know how to say it but he’s that type of boy that you want to bring him home to meet your parents.” Harry laughed at my words, “So you want to know or not? If not then I’ll just stop talking.”

“No, no, keep talking.” He quickly said, earning a glare from Sienna.

“The thing is that… He makes me feel ridiculously weird, and weird is not okay, so not okay.” I ran my fingers through my hair lazily.

“Weird? How so?” Harry asked.

“Jesus, Harold,” I turned to see Sienna rolling her eyes at her cousin, “Could you just stop asking? She’s not done!” Sienna grabbed a cushion and threw it at Harry, landing perfectly on his face. Harry mumbled a ‘sorry’ and smiled apologetically at me.

“What I mean by ‘weird’ is that… I get all nervous and panic whenever he’s near me and sometimes I feel like my heart could just leap out of my chest. It’s horrible,” I sighed loudly.

“I remember that night when we’re having movies night at Niall’s and you had to sit with Liam and you know what, your cheeks were red and I could’ve sworn I saw you smiling all the time!” Harry pointed out and I could feel my cheeks heat up. God, it wasn’t that obvious, was it?

“Yeah,” Sienna agreed, “Well earlier that night she just confessed about her feelings for Liam in the car.”

“Well, FYI, the last time I felt like this, it’s all because of Joe and you know how it went in the end.” I spoke up, making Sienna to shoot me an apologetically look.

“Who’s Joe?” Harry asked again, clearly not knowing anything about Joe.

“He’s a dickhead who played with Jen’s heart and left her brokenhearted just so he could make up with his girlfriend.” Sienna had to tell him that for me. I was just in the mood to talk about Joe anymore. What he did to me was so unacceptable and not nice and he deserved a kick on his balls.

Harry was kind of shocked first when he heard Sienna’s words. No one knew about me and Joe, besides Mike, Amy, and Sienna. I didn’t even tell Ryan because… well why did I have to tell him though? It’s not important, really.

“That’s why I never really want to involve myself around a boy or even let them in anymore. I’ve had enough.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Well clearly you’re just afraid of getting hurt again, but I think it’s not fair if you think that every boy in the world is same.” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, “It’s not fair for Liam because he likes you too!”

“Wait, did I say that I like Liam?” I asked and Harry just rolled his eyes at me.

“It’s not hard to read you or Liam. He had this look on your face that told us he likes you. Zayn was the one who said that Liam has liked you since day one.”

“Hold on,” I said, “I remembered Liam saying ‘the boys tried to set me up on a date with some girl’. What was that all about?” I did remember Liam saying that to me. I mean if his friends knew that he liked me, why the hell did they try to set Liam on a date with someone else?

“Oh my God, really?” Sienna perked up as she grabbed a bowl of popcorn that got abandoned by us from the coffee table and started to eat it, “I thought no guy would ever do that! I thought they would just drag him to a bar and get pissed together.”

“Well apparently, a friend like Louis does that.” Harry rolled his eyes, “It was his idea! He tried to set Liam on a date with Eleanor’s friend. Thank God the girl couldn’t go because she had stomach flu.”

“I don’t get Louis sometimes.” I mumbled under my breath and shook my head in disbelief.

Right before Harry could say anything else, his phone rang loudly. He smirked as he checked the caller I.D, “it’s Liam,” he spoke before finally answering the phone, “Liam!” he said cheerfully to the phone before putting it on speaker.

“Hey, Haz, where are you?” Right it was really Liam.

“I’m at Jen’s with your bird and Sienna.” Harry said cheekily and smirked at me which made me to throw him a cushion. Too bad it missed his face and just went straight to the back.

“She’s not my bird, Harry.” I could imagine Liam rolling his eyes when he said that.

“Yet,” Harry added with a smirk on his face. God.

“Yeah, whatever, Haz,” Liam spoke, “Anyway, I’m just letting you know that Niall wants to go out tonight. You know… just us without all the girls.”

“Cool! Just text me the details, alright?” Again, Harry smirked at me and had this knowing look on his face. Maybe if he wasn’t Sienna’s cousin and one of my close friends, I would just… slap him, maybe? I wasn’t sure.

“Okay. Tell Jenna I say hi.” After that, both guys said goodbye and Harry shoved his phone again into his jeans pocket, “He didn’t even say hi to me.” Sienna started to fake a gasp and sob like she was hurting.

“You heard that yourself, Jen,” Harry said and shrugged his shoulders.

“Whatever, Haz,” I rolled my eyes at him and turned to see the tellie, realizing that I just missed so many parts of the movie, “Damn! You made me miss the movie.” I grabbed the remote from the coffee table and stopped the movie so I could play it from the start again.

“Why are we watching this movie in the first place? I don’t even understand every single word they’re saying.” Sienna whined and I just rolled my eyes at her.

“This movie is sweet and really relatable to me. So shut up and enjoy the movie. There’s English subtitle too anyway!” I said and Sienna just groaned loudly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if any of you knows this Thailand movie called 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' but I just wanna say that this movie is really sweet and pretty sad so I guess you guys should check it out if you haven't. lol.

Anyway here's an update! And shout out to mistery gurl for commenting. Thank you so much. It means a lot to me :')

and before I go I just want to apologize to all of you if there's any mistake I've done and stuff like that, since Ramadan (or fasting month) will start tomorrow in my country so yeah.

See you on the next chapter! :D