I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Jump for Joy

“Kirstie!” A familiar voice called out. “Where are my riding boots?”

I rolled my eyes before grabbing the boots and carrying them out of the Kawasaki trailer. The familiar blonde curls of my lifelong best friend were hanging down and I saw the back of his jersey that read ‘Weimer’ as he slumped in a chair.

“What would you do without me?” I grinned, handing him his boots.

“Jump for joy,” Jake snickered.

“Jerk,” I mumbled, smacking his chest.

“Oh but you love me,” He smugly smiled.

“Only because I have to!” I teased, right back.

Jake sassed me before turning his attention back to pulling his boots on. Sometimes I can’t believe I’ve put up with this guy for the entire 21 years of my life. He’s like the big brother that drives you crazy but you love anyway. I certainly never thought that I’d be working for him though! It’s fun though, I get to design all his tee shirts and I do all his autograph posters, and update his website, things like that and it’s nice because I get to come to all the races with him too.

All of the sudden, I felt my leg buzzing and I pulled my phone out, seeing a text from my boyfriend. The text made me smile and Jake caught on.

“Who are you texting?” He asked, looking over my shoulder.

“Kevin,” I mumbled.

Jake let out a disgusted groan before saying, “I don’t like him.”

“Why?” I wrinkled my eyebrows up in confusion.

“He just…I don’t know. He gives me a bad feeling and I don’t think he treats you very well,” He muttered.

“Oh stop being weird, he’s fine,” I rolled my eyes, pushing myself off of the chair.

“Where are you going?” Jake questioned.

“To find Kylee,” I replied.

“Fine, ditch me for your other friend,” He playfully muttered.

“I will,” A laugh spilled out of my mouth.

Jake rolled his bright blue eyes at me before I wandered off in search of Kylee. I saw the KTM trailer growing nearer and it’s good Jake wasn’t around or he may kill me. To say that he and KTM’s star rider Ryan Dungey have a rivalry is a bit of an understatement. They took each other out on accident a year or so ago and have hated each other ever since. I think it’s stupid but Jake really doesn’t like Ryan at all so I’ve left out the fact that my best friend, Kylee is his sister and she’s left out the little detail that I’m friends with Jake to her brother.

“Kylee is in the trailer,” Ryan, Ky’s brother, told me.

“Okay, thanks,” I replied, passing him to head to the trailer.

When I stepped inside, I found her lying on the couch, buried in her phone. I jumped on Kylee, earning a little scream from her and I laughed.

“Well hi,” She laughed.

Hey,” I smiled.

“Ready for the race today?” Kylee asked.

“You bet,” I answered.

The two of us went on to chat before going out to watch practice. Kylee is my best friend and from the little bit that I know Ryan, he seems super nice, I just wish Jake would let go of his stupid grudge against Ryan so that I could be more open with him about Kylee; but until then, this is how it will have to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! new story!!!!
it has been a while too and i've kind of forgotten what happens in this one so i'm excited!

Kirstie

comments?