Status: Every day unless we say.

We Are the Revelation!

Put On Your War Paint

Jake slung a jacket of bullets over his shoulder. Andy cocked his gun and loaded it. Ashley slipped a small Machete into his boot. Jinxx swirled entrancing sparkles to practice his sorcery. C.C. basically picked at his fingernails. He had nothing to prepare, he was a fist fighter. Jake had said that F.E.A.R. shadows couldn’t simply be punched in the head and be done with, but C.C. was a god…implying that he also had godly fists. I hoped.
Since I knew I was going to be a part of this, I grabbed my bow and arrows. Sapphire was preparing too. She was slipping as much bullets as her gun could hold into it and as many as her pockets could hold into her pockets. I took a sharpener from the shelf and sharpened the edges of the arrows to their sharpest point. I restrung my bow and tightened it so that when I shot, the arrow flew far. Far enough to kill a F.E.A.R. shadow in one shot.
I walked over to Jake, who was polishing his machine gun. “So, where is this war going to be exactly?” I asked. Jake nodded, his eyes still glued to his gun. “It’s actually going to be right outside the armory. They shadows agreed to do it here so that it wouldn’t inconvenience us.” He said. I was puzzled. “But why would they care if we were inconvenienced or not?” I asked. “I thought you said they were hell’s greatest warriors.” Jake looked up at me.
“They care so that we have stronger souls for them to consume.” He said grimly. I shivered. I definitely had no intention of getting devoured today. Andy looked up from loading his gun. “Everyone ready?” he asked. There were nods of consent all around. He looked at Sapphire. “I want you and Reini to stay here to guard the base from any potential F.E.A.R. attacks. They are right outside. Now would be a great opportunity for them to waltz right in and steal our stuff.” He said. Sapphire nodded. She looked at me. “Tell me what happens when you get back.” She asked. She seemed a bit upset that she didn’t get to go into the battlefield with us. I partially was and wasn’t. I thought that she was at less of a risk of getting hurt here than in the battlefield. Then again, I wanted her to be with me on the battlefield. I nodded at her and smiled. Andy shrugged. “Let’s go,” he said. Andy slipped his gun into a holster hanging on his hip. I slung my quiver and my bow over my shoulder. Jake held his machine gun on his shoulder. Jinxx and C.C. stood, waiting to go. “Be safe,” Sapphire said. Andy nodded. “We’ll try, at least.” Ashley said. Sapphire smiled.
“See you when we come back… if we come back.” I mumbled the last part. Andy had walked to the door. “Come on, guys. We’ve got no time for long goodbyes. We need to get this over with.” He said impatiently. I sighed. “Bye, Sapphire,” I said hastily as I turned around to leave. “Oh, bye!” she called. I didn’t hear her. I was already out the door, along with Jinxx and Ashley. Andy was holding the door. Out came Jake and C.C., and last came Andy.
The door slammed behind us. “No turning back now.” Ashley said. I smirked. “Yeah, really.” I said. I came out the back entrance. We walked around to the front of the armory. We had only the thought of shadows and hell for what awaited us. As we turned the corner to the front of the armory, my worst fears were confirmed. About fifty to sixty meters away from us were about fifty F.E.A.R. shadows.
Oh, damn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh fear shadows :)