Status: Active. Hope you like it! Please let me know what you think!

Transportation Miscalculation

Taking Care

Chapter 11 ~ Taking Care

~Loki~
I looked up at Thor when the pain was gone and there was a concerned look on his face. “What?” I queried.

“Were you just in pain? You seemed like you were. Did it come from Jinx?”

“Yes, Jinx was briefly in pain and I felt it. I do not understand though,” my confusion and concern were clear in my voice, “Odin’s spell should keep that from happening.” I shook my head, trying to figure out what was happening. I knew I needed to regain all of my magic before going back and waking her. I was hoping if she didn’t sleep much longer she would remember the pain and why it had come. “I must go to the water. It will help to restore the last of my magic.”

“Of course brother, would you like company?”

“No, I have enough magic to transport and it will take less to just move myself.”

“Be well brother and I wish to meet your Jinx when she again wakens,” with that Thor strode towards the training fields.

I waited until he was a few feet away before transporting to the waters at the edge of Asgard. I waded into the water and immediately felt my magic begin to flow back into me. I kept walking until the water was up to my chest then quickly dunked myself beneath the surface. The water was cool and refreshing and after merely half an hour in the water my magic was fully restored.

I transported into Jinx’s chambers, climbed into the bed next to her, and broke the spell Odin had placed on her.

She woke slowly, a small smile graced her lips when she opened her eyes and saw me next to her.

“Morning,” she mumbled, then yawned. Her mouth opened into a large ‘o’ that made her look very child-like.

“Good morning Love, how was your sleep?”

“I had a very good dream that was interrupted by a quick nightmare that turned back into the good dream.”

Ah, the nightmare must have been the cause of the pain I had felt. “Would you tell me about them?” I requested.

“Not the nightmare, I don’t want to think of that right now, maybe later. The dream however was very nice; we were lying on a blanket under a huge tree. It was sunny and warm and we were laughing and happy, and most importantly I wasn’t in any pain,” the last bit was said with a chuckle.

“That sounds nice, will you not speak of the nightmare?”

She gave a small shake of her head and her face closed off. Her eyes turned a stormy shade of grey with small flecks of red. “Not now, maybe another time, just not now.”

I wanted her smile back, “Okay, another time. Did you need the bathroom again?”

“No, but I wouldn’t say no to a nice hot bath, I feel all icky. Also, even though you haven’t mentioned it, I know I must smell something awful.” A disgusted look crossed her face for a moment, the twisted into an easy smile.

“I will have one of the maids draw you a bath and help you to wash,” I replied, “would you like me to carry you into the bathroom or would you like to try walking?”

~Jinx~
I considered his words carefully, trying to decide what was best. I attempted to sit up and found I could without too much pain. “I think I would like to try walking, though I may need someone to lean on in order to make it. There is no need to fetch anyone to help with the bath, you will do.” The last bit was purposely meant to make him blush; a huge smile split my face as I was rewarded for my efforts.

“I-I um, no, I will fetch a maid,” he stuttered, “wait here and when I return I will help you into the other room.” He nearly sprinted for the door and I laughed gleefully.

The pain began to return a bit and I regretted flustering him, but only a little. He returned with a young woman mere minutes later. The woman went straight into the bathroom as Loki made his way to me. He seemed to have composed himself in his short absence.

“I apologize,” I giggled, “that was mean of me, I just wanted to see how you would react.”

I had been making my way out of the bed as he walked towards me, but with my words he pinned me flat on the bed and grabbed my wrists and held them above my head. “I know that,” he whispered malevolently, but I wasn’t scared because there was a mischievous smile on his face, “but that doesn’t mean you don’t have to pay for it.”

“Oh really, and what exactly are you going to do to me?” I was hoping he would do more than just running a hand down my side again.

He leaned over me and pressed his lips to my forehead, then my cheek, then he sucked my earlobe into his mouth for a few moments. His next kiss was to the skin behind my ear. I almost moaned, but I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction.

He slanted away and looked into my eyes intensely, then leaned to my ear again and whispered, “Your eyes are green again, they seem to turn to the color of mine when you are in lust my dear Jinx.”

I let out a slow breath before responding in a voice that was steadier than I was feeling, “I think my bath is ready, if you wouldn’t mind letting me up I would very much like to get to it before the water is cold.”

~Loki~
I let Jinx sit up slowly and then pulled her softly to her feet. I had a satisfied smile on my face as I led her to the bathroom to hand her off to Eira, the maid that had come to assist with Jinx’s bath.

I had realized as soon as I left Jinx to fetch Eira that Jinx had been playing with me, trying to get a rise from me. I felt foolish for leaving, so I knew I had to get her back. Plus, I really wanted to kiss her. I knew that might be exactly what she was angling for so I teased her instead. Avoiding her lips in favor for sucking her earlobe into my mouth. Her breath had hitched and stuttered and I loved it. I had noticed her eyes turn green with gold flecks when I ran my hand down her side and they were the same color after the kisses today.

I wonder if her eyes would turn a different color if she were lusting for Thor, the thought made me both curious and angry, or some other man, it can’t be a coincidence that they change to my colors when she is being turned on by me.

She was a fascinating creature and I could not wait to get to know her better. Then a thought occurred to me, she doesn’t have any clothes other than the dirty blue nightgown that she had been wearing for four days.

I left to go see my mother to get something for Jinx to wear after she was satisfactorily clean.