Status: I'm going to try to post at least once a week.

Fly Away

Two

A field of wildflowers where smiles used to be as common as the small buds that came in every spring. A house sitting in the center where an aging woman’s last breath released into the night so long ago. She followed a stone path, one that had been practically obliterated by the flowers who had forced their way up and around the blocks that had been placed with so much care, to the door of the house that once held so much love.

As she entered the house she let out a sigh of relief and the tears running down her porcelain cheeks slowed to a halt. She walked through the halls all the while running her fingers over the walls. With a smile she picked a picture up off of a hall table and stared down at a captured memory. With her smile still in place she gently ran a finely polished finger nail across the face of love.

"I miss you Gram. Things have taken a turn for the worst. I just want to be with you again," a lingering tear flicked off of her eyelashes and splashed onto the glass of the frame.

With a shaking hand she set the frame down and continued her trek through the house. When she reached the stairs she closed her eyes before taking the first upward step.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's pretty short, but I wanted to separate the floors of the house