Status: I'm going to try to post at least once a week.

Fly Away

Three

With each elevated footstep her heart rate increased, her hands grew clammy, and her breath quickened. When she reached the flat surface of the second floor she at last opened her eyes. With a calming breath she followed the path of the hall straight to a white door with bubble letters spelling out her name.

AnnaBeth


She grasped the doorknob with a sweating hand and eased the door open, just enough to slip inside. Once she was safe within her old room it was as if all the tension left her instantaneously, her shoulders sagged in relief and her shaking stopped.

Everything was exactly how she left it when Gram died, and how she left it that morning. Everything was perfect. The bed was made so nicely, with straight corners and lines. With a smile she walked to the bed placed right below the window and laid down on the soft mattress, between the smooth sheets. The moonlight was streaming in and bathing AnnaBeth in it’s pale light and bringing her milky skin to practically glow.

“Goodnight Moon,” she whispered to the skies.

With those soft words she curled in on herself and fell into a quiet sleep. She was not plagued by nightmares. She didn’t have to block out screams and the sound of breaking glass. She didn’t have to talk to police when the fights grew too heated and a neighbor called them. She just slept.
♠ ♠ ♠
1) Now we have a name :3
2) I love you, subscriber <3