‹ Prequel: Lucario Love

Death of Giovanni

Chapter 1

Lucario and Ash walked through Viridian Forest with Pikachu, Ash’s first Pokemon and best friend. The three of them were just enjoying the day together. The sun was shining, there was a slight breeze, and the whole forest was alive with sound and colors.
“Hey, Ash, catch!” Lucario said as he tossed an Oran Berry to Ash and Pikachu.
Ash looked up in time to see the berry hit his face and he fell over. Lucario burst out laughing and then he suddenly went quiet. Ash stopped glaring at Lucario and Pikachu even stopped to listen. The whole forest suddenly echoed with the sound of a Pokemon in pain.
Lucario looked at Ash, and he, Pikachu, and Lucario ran to the sound of the screams.

After a while of following the screams, the three of them came upon a clearing. In the clearing was a truck emblazoned with a large letter “R” in red paint. There were people in black uniforms with the same emblem on their chests and occasionally, their hats. In the middle of the clearing there was a man in a clean brick-red suit. The man was holding a whip in his right hand, and a cigar in the other. He took a drag from it and then whipped a motionless figure on the ground. He turned to one of the grunts closest to him and said in a harsh and unforgiving tone, “We’re done here, pack up and let’s leave this…. thing here to suffer.”
There was a lot of activity in the clearing as the grunts began to pack up their previously unseen tents and put the majority of them in to the truck. The people had motorcycles hidden in the bushes and they rode them out of the forest and into the distance. Ash, Lucario and Pikachu went into the clearing after the sound of running motors had faded into the distance to see what had happened; the sight that met the three made Ash vomit in disgust. In the middle of the clearing, lay a Mewtwo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ash and Lucario helped get Mewtwo to the Pokemon Center. Nurse Joy came and took one look at the poor thing and immediately started to go off on Ash.
“How dare you call yourself a Pokemon Trainer? Leaving a Pokemon in such a state, only to bring it in for help when it’s within an INCH of death!!!” Nurse Joy screamed angrily. She continued to yell like that for well over an hour, until she was blue in the face. As she drew breath to continue the berating, Lucario explained the whole situation to her. Joy looked at Ash and apologized, “I’m sorry… it’s just…. The thought of anyone hurting a Pokemon for the hell of it makes me so…. ANGRY!!!”
Joy actually spurt out a bit of fire from her mouth as she said that last word, surprising herself and her Chansey in the process. Ash thought nothing of it, after all, he could use Aura attacks as flawlessly as Lucario himself now.
“How is he? Will he be alright, Joy?” Lucario asked, worried about Mewtwo.
“He should be physically fine in a few days, but… Emotionally is another story,” Joy said sadly, “It was a sad day when Team Rocket was ever conceived…”
“Team Rocket…?” Lucario questioned.
Ash spoke up, his voice dripping with ill concealed hatred and rage, “Team Rocket is a criminal organization that uses Pokemon for their dirty work. That’s not all that they do either, Lucario. They STEAL Pokemon…. They torture them, make them into their obedient slaves… If I had things my way, Giovanni would be dead under my foot as I pissed on his grave…”
Ash’s sudden anger and hatred towards anyone surprised Lucario. “This man.. this Giovanni. He can’t be all THAT bad… right?” Lucario asked. Just as Lucario asked this, Officer Jenny walked into the room and said, “Yes, he is all that bad, and then some, Lucario.”
“Jenny,” Ash said, still in his rage, “Tell me you managed to catch at least ONE of the people responsible for this.”
“Actually…. We did. But I don’t think you’ll like who it is, Ash,” Jenny said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it, tell me what you think.