‹ Prequel: Lucario Love

Death of Giovanni

Chapter 2

Ash and Lucario were lead to the police station to see who Jenny had caught. It was Jesse of the infamous Team Rocket trio that was always after Ash’s Pikachu.
Ash took one look at her and said, “Yeah, you’re right, Jenny, I don’t like her.”
Jesse looked up and said, “D’you think I like this any more than you do ya little twerp?! Anyway, I’m not here to steal your Pikachu this time. I’m here to get my life out of the gutter…”
Ash and Jenny let their jaws hit the ground at this statement. A member of Team Rocket turning over a new leaf? And one that was always trying to get into Giovanni’s good graces to boot!
“Why should we believe you? You and James have tried to steal my Pokemon one too many times for me to just believe you right off the bat, y’know,” Ash said harshly.
“I never expected you to believe me, kid. I just wanted to say… I’m sorry. For the hell I’ve caused you over the past few years…” Jesse looked away from Jenny and Ash.
“I say we should believe her,” Lucario said slowly, “She seems genuine in her words.”
Jesse looked at Lucario and said, “Thanks, I never expected a Pokemon to come to my aid… I guess things are worse then they look…”
“What do you mean by that?” Ash asked Jesse with a hint of grudging curiosity.
“I mean that Giovanni has lost it, kid,” Jesse said, “He’s gone and left a Mewtwo to die out in the forest… He’s even going so far as to try and turn himself into a Pokemon!!”
Ash looked at Jesse and suddenly the thought occurred to him. “Jesse… what about… you help us take him down?” Ash asked quietly, “I could use your expertise of their hideouts…”
Jesse looked at Ash and said, “Kid, if you can get me that executive office that Giovanni has, I’ll let you shave my head, wax my legs and use me as a surf board.”
Lucario looked skeptically at Jesse, who said, “It means that I’ll do it, as long as your little lover boy here gets my Giovanni’s job afterwards.”
Lucario shook his head and said, “I’ll never be able to understand humans…”
“Aww… then why did you pick me to” Ash asked, but he was immediately cut off by a quick slap by Jenny who said, “Not now!”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After they had secured Jesse’s help, they went back to the Pokemon center to see if Mewtwo was feeling better. Needless to say, he was. Joy was about in hysterics when Lucario and Ash walked into the Center. Ash went up to Joy and asked, “What’s wrong? Is Mewtwo alright?”
Joy looked up and said in a very teary voice, “She’s fine… She just… take a look for yourself…”
Ash went to the back room where the Mewtwo was being kept for recovery, with Lucario hot on his heels. Ash and Lucario ran into the ER where Mewtwo was being kept. It was huddled in a corner, curled up into the fetal position, as if afraid of what was going to happen to it.
Ash looked at Mewtwo with a kind and caring eye and walked closer to the Mewtwo.
The Pokemon looked up and shouted mentally, “Stay away!! Don’t come near me!!” She, for the Pokemon was clearly female to Lucario, raised a psychic barrier, preventing Lucario from getting in, but also preventing Ash from getting any closer or getting out of the room. Ash looked at Lucario and told him through their mental link, the link they had established during the incident at the Tree of Beginnings, “I’ll be alright, just be ready for when I can get through to her.”
Lucario thought back, “Of course, love,” and readied himself for what was to come.

Ash stepped closer to the pink bubble that surrounded the blue skinned female. He stopped a few inches away from the edge of the psychic bubble and said, “It’s alright… No one is going to hurt you ever again… I promise.”
The Mewtwo looked away, thinking that this human was like all the rest. Abusive and evil. She spat out in disgust, “Prove it! Prove that you aren’t like those… those Animals!!”
Ash looked sad and said, “Look into my mind… see the truth of my words. If you find that I am what you say I am…. Then you can kill me.”
Lucario looked up, alarmed at these words. “Ash! What makes you so sure that she won’t kill you when she looks in there?! I don’t want to lose you!!”
Ash looked back and said, “You won’t lose me… I promise.”
Mewtwo watched this exchange and thought, “Maybe he isn’t like the rest of them…”
Ash looked back at Mewtwo and said, “I’m ready.”
The female Mewtwo reached a hand through the barrier surrounding her and put a hand on Ash’s head. Mewtwo looked through Ash’s memories, both good and bad, trying to find the kind she was looking for. No matter how hard she looked, there was absolutely nothing to show that Ash had ever mistreated any living thing. Mewtwo lowered her hand, and the shield that covered her. She then threw herself onto a very surprised Ash and broke down into a fit of tears. Ash reached up and hugged her, patting her back to comfort her. “Everything is fine now… You’re safe…” Ash said soothingly.
Lucario relaxed visibly when the Mewtwo let down the shield. Ash had that effect on every one he met. Even if they had hated him a few moments earlier, he changed their entire outlook on how they viewed the world. It always happened when anyone was around Ash.
The Mewtwo looked at Ash and asked, “Will you stay with me… I-I’ve been alone… I don’t want to feel that anymore…”
Ash nodded and said, “I will… but I want Lucario with me.”
Mewtwo nodded and let the barrier around the door collapse. The Mewtwo fell asleep against Ash’s chest at that same instant, completely exhausted. Lucario looked at her and said, “Well, this day has been the weirdest I’ve ever had!” Lucario looked at the Mewtwo again and noticed she was purring contentedly. Lucario felt something in his heart break loose and his eyes suddenly became hard and forbidding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jealous much? Anyway, read and review please.