With Love, From Italy

Seventeen

The walk back to the villa sobered Leigh enough to make her realize that perhaps walking the streets alone drunk wasn’t the best idea, but not enough for her to consider backtracking to ask for an escort. She told herself it was only a few blocks away and that her luck throughout the holiday would hopefully hold out for tonight. It appeared to do just that and she arrived back at her accommodation without having met another soul on the way. Trying to quietly stagger through the foyer and towards her suite she frowned when she reached it and grabbed the doorknob, only to find something wrapped around it. Squinting to see clearer she soon realized it was a ribbon and wondered what on earth it was doing encasing the handle. That was until she heard a low moan from the other side and remembered her and Belle’s conversation ensuring neither of them walked in on any awkward situations.

Realising that her friend had obviously come home with one of the guys that had been doting over her at the pub Leigh hung nervously in the hallway, unsure what to do. Another moan reached her ears and she shook her head, beginning to retrace her steps; she didn’t particularly want to hear the other girl in the throes of passion no matter how good of friends they were. Soon enough the redhead found herself back in the foyer and sunk heavily down onto the wicker loveseat that was placed there. They had discussed the ribbon on the door handle, but it was only now that Leigh realized they had never planned what the other should do in such an event. She figured this was probably going to have to do and shifted in her seat, trying to get comfortable before letting her eyelids droop.

“What on earth are you doing out here?” a voice brought her out of the light slumber she had found herself in and Leigh looked up to find Tom towering over her. He was teetering slightly where he stood and she blinked several times before sitting up better. “Don’t tell me you couldn’t even make it to your room.”

“Hey, you’re not the only relatively collected drunk around here you know. I made it… to my door, but Belle’s got someone in there with her,” she told him and the actor’s brows flew up. “So I’ve been banished to the loveseat of tiny people.”

“You can’t actually expect to get any sleep or comfort out here, no matter how drunk you are,” Tom started, running a hand through his short curls and down his neck. Leigh watched him do so, almost missing his next words due to her concentration. “You can come and stay in my suite.”

When his suggestion finally registered the redhead almost fell off the chair in surprise. For some reason she hadn’t anticipated the offer – no doubt because she was still trying to collect her mind from the jumbled mess it had become. Tom held out a hand for her in offering and after a few seconds she grabbed it, allowing him to pull her up. There was a little too much strength in it for their state however and she found herself colliding with him.

“Sorry darling,” he apologized, tugging her towards the exit of the foyer. “And sorry for before, I had no right to interfere.”

It took Leigh several moments to realize that he was talking about the pub earlier and ruining her chances with Kevin. She shrugged lightly, following him along the hallways again, this time bypassing her door and continuing along until they reached Tom’s suite. “S’ok, you were just looking out for me.”

He glanced over his shoulder at her as he slid the keycard into the slot, allowing them access. She stepped inside, glancing around herself as if she expected his room to be drastically different. Aside from the overflowing suitcase tucked into the corner it was an exact replica of her and Belle’s. She didn’t even notice Tom disappear into the bathroom as she continued her dazed surveying, shuffling closer to the bed as she did so. When he returned, now donned in a pair of pyjama pants and a t-shirt he approached her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

“Is there a reason why you’re still standing here? Or are you too scared to get into my bed?” he asked and she looked at him, laughing and shaking her head. He nodded once to ensure she was okay and went to step away, Leigh’s hands reaching up and grabbing fistfuls of his shirt to stop him. “Are you okay?”

The girl nodded though she didn’t let him go, looking up at him instead. His eyes were a little bloodshot from the alcohol making them appear bluer and light stubble had formed where he had forgone his razors for several days. She smiled up at him and he returned it, his hand moving to cup her cheek. They stayed like that for several seconds, Leigh’s heart hammering in her chest before Tom leant in, grazing her lips with his. He seemed to be asking permission and she granted it by pressing harder into the kiss, releasing his shirt and wrapping her arms around his neck. He responded positively and she felt him smile as his lips moved against hers, tasting her.

“I hope you don’t think I did that just because I’m drunk,” he breathed when they finally parted and she shook her head dazedly.

“I hope you don’t think I responded just because I’m drunk,” she replied and he broke into a wide grin. His hands traced her sides and she shivered lightly, throwing a glance towards the bed. “A lady needs to rest her legs you know.”

He released her and she pouted lightly with the loss of contact, turning to the bed and kicking off her shoes clambering under the covers. Tom had rounded the other side of it and as soon as she was buried in he snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her towards him. He kissed her again, lightly this time and she giggled, tangling her legs with his.

“I’ve been wanting to do that for a while,” he said once they had broken apart again and she raised her brows at him, placing a hand on his arm.

“You just needed some Dutch courage?”

“And the realization that I was acting like a shy teenage boy and you could have easily been in a bed with Kevin right now.”

“That would’ve been pretty awkward considering Belle already had the room in lockdown,” Leigh chuckled and Tom flashed her a smile, shifting slightly and pulling her so that her head rested on his chest. “A famous actor is a much better deal though.”

She yelped as he pinched her softly and whacked him in the same spot she had done not too long ago, much more playfully this time. He laughed lightly, his hands ghosting over her and she had to suppress another shiver as she buried into him.

“Goodnight Leigh,” he murmured and she returned it, kissing his torso through his shirt and letting out a deep breath as she let her eyes flutter closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm back and with what is possibly the most important chapter ehehehhe ;)