With Love, From Italy

Eighteen

Rising into consciousness the next morning Leigh stretched her body, confused as to why she was met with a warm, solid mass. She thought she should have been in the twin single of her villa and for a moment she couldn’t work out why there was an arm draped around her. Blinking her eyes open sleepily Tom’s figure came into focus and all the memories from the previous night came flooding back to her. She smiled at the still sleeping man; his chest rose and fell steadily and his mouth hung open just enough to make her have to stifle a giggle. Shuffling slightly she tried to get in closer to him, apologizing quickly as he stirred, his eyes drifting open.

“Good morning,” he greeted, his voice husky with sleep and the redhead had to still the flipping in her stomach. Rolling onto his back the man glanced around the room idly before focusing back on her. He seemed to be waiting for something and Leigh kept his gaze as she tried to figure out what it was. After a few moments though he smiled at her, his arms reaching out for her and pulling her on top of him. His fingers snaked into her red locks and as he lifted his head Leigh let out a small squeak, quickly reaching to cover her mouth. Tom paused, his brows knitting as he looked at her in confusion and a hint of hurt.

“I’ve been drinking all night and haven’t even cleaned my teeth,” she explained and he laughed in relief. It was only then that Leigh realized that he had thought the kisses they had shared were only because she was drunk after all.

“You make it sound like you’re the first girl I’ve kissed with morning breath, darling,” he said and pulling her hands away he swooped up, catching her lips in a good morning kiss. Leigh found herself relaxing into it, allowing her body to slump against his until they parted. He stared up at her once they had, gently tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as his other hand came to rest on her hip. “If you’re that worried about it then how about you go and scout out if your room is safe and clean up. Then we can go and do something.”

“Like what?” she asked, resting her chin on his chest and staring avidly at his clavicle which was just in focus. He made a humming sound as he seemed to debate the topic and Leigh could feel the vibrations running through his body.

“How about a picnic breakfast in one of the fields on the way to that hiking track? We could make it a date,” he suggested, glancing down at her knees as if the location had reminded him of her fall a few days previously.

“The scabs are intact and well,” she assured him, pushing herself up so that she was straddling him. “But that sounds like a good plan, I’ll meet you back here in about half an hour?”

He nodded in agreement and she made to move, being pulled back by Tom who placed another kiss on her lips. She grinned brightly down at him before he finally released her and she scrambled out of the bed, grabbing her shoes and bag and wiggling her fingers over her shoulder at him in a wave. As she stepped out of the room she took a deep breath, praying that no one would be around to see her exit. The hallway was blessedly clear though and she made her way back to her shared suite, thankful to see that the ribbon was now missing. Digging around in her bag she slid the card into the slot and slipped inside. As soon as she was in Belle perked up from where she was still lounging in bed, thankfully fully clothed.

“There you are Leigh! I tried to find you when Paolo left, I only realized this morning that you would have nowhere to sleep,” the girl apologized and Leigh smirked as she dumped her bag on her bed, reaching for some fresh clothes.

“It’s ok Belle. Like you said the other day, you’re not the only one willing to lend me a couch… or a bed,” Leigh said, trying to stop the grin from spreading across her face as the brunette let out a gasp.

“Wait, you mean, did you actually sleep with my cousin?”

“I didn’t have sex with Tom, relax,” the redhead said, heading towards the bathroom and pausing by the door. “He did kiss me though.”

Before she could disappear into the room and shut the door Belle had leapt from the bed, rushing over to her and grabbing her by the shoulders. Pulling an exasperated face at her friend Leigh shrugged away from the grip and continued into the bathroom, placing her clothes on the counter as Belle followed.

“You kissed him back right?” Belle quizzed and Leigh rolled her eyes, letting out a snort.

“Of course I did, several times in fact. Now if you’ll excuse me I have to shower and get myself ready for a breakfast date,” the redhead answered, gently guiding her friend from the room. As they reached the doorway however Belle latched on, spinning around.

“That definitely sounds like Tom, be prepared to be wined and dined until you can be wined and dined no more,” she warned and Leigh laughed, finally managing to get the girl out of the room and shut the door in her face. As the Australian made her way towards the shower cubicle she could hear Belle’s voice on the other side. “You better tell me everything, minus sordid details when you get your lily ass back here!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a little while guys, and I also feel the need to apologise in advance. Writer's block is kicking my arse right now. I'm going to try really, really hard to break through this because you're all so amazing and supportive, but I feel the need to be honest and say it may be a while before you get the next chapter.