May Queen

May Day

The battle had ended only minutes ago and the four Guardians and May stood outside the Palace Cailleach now slumbered in. Mother Nature had long since gone, needing to once again be everywhere yet nowhere. May bowed her head to her rescuers, "Thank you again for helping me. If it was not for you I would still be trapped. I believe it was a good thing all this happened." The guardians all looked at her like she was crazy. "No none of that. When you think about it, Cailleach was finally able to express what was bothering her all these centuries. If it was not for her kidnapping me, I would never have known how she felt. I am glad that we were able to straighten things out." They walked the Earth until May reached her destination, all the while talking.
"I guess that's true." Toothiana smiled.
"It was pretty cool to see the battle." Bunnymund added. "I don't know anyone who has."
"It usually ends up with some kind of storm." May smiled brightly. "But you are right master Easter Bunny, very few have ever bared witness to the ritual."
"So what happens now?" Jack asked.
"I start warming up the the Earth, waking the hibernating animals, and watch over everything as Spring and Summer happen."
"You better hurry." Bunnymund commented, "Easter's in two days and with this much snow, the children will never find my eggs."
"Of course master Easter Bunny." May shifted her smoldering laughing amber eyes to Jack, "No storm this year Guardian of Fun, the people have had enough of snow."
Jack grinned, "I don't know, Jamie and his friends seem to be enjoying the snow."
"That may be, but you shall find it rather difficult to call on wintery winds with me around. Just remember that." She winked before turning to everyone. "This is where I must part with you. Thank you for everything and if you ever need me just ask. Oh and Jack," She bend over and kissed his cheek. When she pulled away her lips were tinted blue with some frost hanging from them. "Thank you for saving me." Jack touched his momentarily warm cheek in surprise. "Farewell my friends, until next time." She bowed her head and with a torrent of warm wind, May vanished leaving a few flower heads behind.
"That was pretty cool." Jack whistled impressed.
"That is was. Now I will see you all later, I must go back to the North Pole. Farewell everyone!" North smiled and threw one of his magical snow globes. Within seconds that jolly man disappeared and the portal closed.
"I must be off too, can't be gone to much longer or everything will get disorganized. Bye everyone!" Toothiana waved happily before hugging everyone and flying off.
"Well I guess it's just you and me now Easter Bunny." Jack sighed as he jumped down from his staff.
"Just you mate, I have to return to my layer and make sure everything is ready for Easter." Bunnymund said as he started thumping the ground.
"Alright, I'll see you later."
"Bye Jack."
Just as Bunnymund was about to jump down his hole, Jack stopped him. "Wait, Bunnymund. Can anyone see May? I mean do enough people believe in her too?"
Bunnymund thought a moment, "Even if they do believe in her, she's only visible once a year. It is a rule of her existence."
"What day is that?" Jack's curiosity piqued.
"May the first or May Day. She tends to visit a different place every year and interact with the people who celebrate. She usually appears in Ireland because it's where the most celebrations are."
"Cool, is that the same as Cailleach?"
"Her day is Samhain because it starts her reign."
"Okay, thanks. I'll try not to be too mischievous." Jack grinned as Bunnymund rolled his eyes.

~~2 Years Later~~
Jack glided on the cool breeze to Ardara, Ireland where one of many May Day celebrations was taking place. It was about 50 degrees F out today, but that didn't stop anyone from celebrating this much cherished holiday. As the day passed, he watched the young May Day queen of Ardara process in the parade, watched many people, both children and young adults, dance around the May Pole, and watched with great entertainment the Irish Step dancers.
"Enjoying yourself?" A warm voice asked behind him.
Jack turned to find May smiling at him. She had her long hair down with a few small braids entwined in it, a crown made of white flowers encircling her head, and a long flowing white dress draped over her body. "Hi May."
"What are you doing here?" She asked, although the look his her eye foretold that she had already guessed.
"I was curious what May Day was like and what it was like for you to be among people." Jack looked down a little embarrassed.
She smiled kindly and looked over the celebration, "I love this day. Not only because it is for me, but because people have so much fun and seem so lively. This day enables me to actually talk with those I protect every Spring and Summer day. I adore people."
"Me too." Jack smiled as he watched people dance and laugh.
"Come dance with me." May held out her hand with a bright smile that showed her perfect white teeth.
Jack hesitated, "I don't know, I don't know any of the dances."
May laughed, "I shall lead."
"Aren't the males suppose to lead?" Jack grinned back.
Rolling her eyes, May replied, "It's the 21st Century Jack, women can be the leaders if they wish."
"But we are elemental opposites, didn't you say things would go bad if we touched for too long."
"Stop stalling Jack, things will be fine. We will just be careful."
"Sure we will."
"Jack!" May laughed before pulling him towards the center of the celebrations where the band was playing.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=87662328 -May's outfits. Left to Right: kidnapped, regular, May Day. She always wears that crown or one like it; it always has flowers.

Hope you enjoyed. Cheers!