Status: In progress.

Why Do You Make Things So Complicated?

Chapter eleven

I woke up around seven in the morning, when my alarm clock started ringing. My mood was terrible, and I didn't want to get out of bed and go to school, or Hell, as I usually called it. That's what I had to do whether or not I wanted to, though.
After a couple of minutes, I reluctantly got out of my warm bed and started making my way to the bathroom. I was tired as hell, and my legs hurt so much that I could barely walk. The reason why? It's Taylor.
So, let me tell you what happened yesterday.
It was seven in the afternoon when Taylor called me and suggested that we go to the cinema to watch a new movie that came out a couple of days ago. We did go out, but the weather was so nice that we didn't want to go to the cinema, and decided to go for a walk instead. We were walking so much, and that's the reason why my legs hurt now.
I looked out of the window as I threw on a pair of red skinny jeans and a random T-shirt. The sky was full of big gray clouds, and it was raining cats and dogs. Oh. What a way to start your day.
I put on some make up, pulled my red hair into a messy bun, grabbed my stuff and walked downstairs. “Morning,” I smiled at Mom.
She smiled back at me. “Good morning.”
I was about to speak, but saw Taylor waiting outside for me. I almost forgot that he was going to pick me up. I quickly slipped on my combat boots and waved Mom goodbye as I walked out of the house with an umbrella on my hand.
Taylor greeted me with a big, tight hug. “How are you?” he smiled at me.
I shrugged as we got under my umbrella and started making our way to school. “I'm fine, just really tired. What about-”
Before I could finish my sentence, he picked me up bridal style and went on walking down the street. For some reason, I started giggling like a five year old child. “Let me down! I can actually walk, you know!” I laughed.
He smiled and shook his head, and went on walking. “You said you're tired, right?” he questioned.
I just nodded.
He looked into my eyes. “That's why I picked you up,” he smiled. “Plus, you're as light as a feather.”
“I repeat, let go of me!” I begged. “I have legs, and I can walk!” I laughed.
Taylor shook his head and laughed with me. On our way to school, we earned ourselves lots of stares from other people, mainly old people. Some of them were looking at us as if we were freaks or something, and some others were shooting disapproving looks at us. The reason why is something I didn't, and still don't understand.
He let go of me as we walked into the school building. “Now you can walk,” he grinned.
“Oh, you don't say!” I laughed.
Isabella and Maria walked up to us a couple of minutes later. “The weather sucks,” Isabella whined.
Maria and I nodded in agreement. “Yeah, I hate rain.” she said. “I hope that it will stop raining.”
“What do unicorns eat?”
We all turned around to look at Isabella. On hearing what she said, we all burst out laughing. She was the only one who could come up with such random stuff at eight o'clock in the morning. Technically, I was still sleeping. I was still in my warm, comfortable bed, dreaming of happy things and the unicorns that Isabella was talking about and-
“I want to talk to you.” someone behind me said, scaring me and bringing me back to the real world.
I turned around to see who it was, and found myself staring into Jason's hazel eyes. What the hell did he want from me at eight in the morning? I still wasn't over what had happened the other day, and I didn't want to talk to him. I have had enough of him.
But obviously, he hadn't. “Come with me.” he said.
I shot him a death glare and shook my head. “I'm not coming with you,” I hissed and pointed an accusing finger at him. “Just tell me whatever you want to say.”
“You're really rude, do you know that?” he said.
I started walking away, but he grabbed my hands and didn't let me go. “You're not going away unless you listen to me.”
“I told you to tell me whatever you wanted to say, but you're too stupid to understand that.” I retorted.
My words infuriated him. I couldn't care less, though. He's the one at fault. I looked at him. The only thing missing was smoke coming out of his ears and nose. On thinking of that, I giggled. “Whatever!” he yelled. “Do you know what? I couldn't care less about you! You're too weird to hang out with a popular guy like me anyways,” he smirked.
“You weren't a friend of mine anyways. I have people who do care about me, unlike you.” I said and flipped him off before he walked away. He's not and will never be the one to judge me.
As I told you before, my day was really, really bad. I didn't tell you the worst part yet.
We had to practice on that stupid school play after school. I sighed as I walked into the room where we were going to practice. It was really spacious, and the stage was really big. I couldn't care less about it. All I wanted was to walk away. But I couldn't do this, not yet. I yet had to get my own back on Gabriella for all those things that she has done to me. Taking part on a school play was nothing but a waste of time anyways.
The Literature teacher, who was in charge of the play, wanted us to practice on the part where the main characters kiss for the first time. I glared at her, but she didn't see me. I mean, what the fuck? You can't just kiss or make out with a person that you barely know...and you sure as hell can't kiss one of your enemies.
“The last thing missing from my life is kissing a jerk,” I murmured as I sat down on the floor, where the other students were sitting.
“Lucky you,” one of them winked at me. I just pulled a disgusted face and looked away. I sighed and looked down at my feet. I never understood why the majority of girls want to kiss that idiot. Seriously, if Gabriella wasn't participating, I'd quit.
A few minutes later, I found myself on the stage. I had to kiss that idiot, and I didn't want to do that. Well, I wouldn't do that. I didn't want to kiss Jason. He wouldn't stop staring at me. I was staring on the plain white wall. It was better than looking at him.
I could hear him sighing. I shot him a death glare, which made him stop doing so. It was really annoying.
“Oh, come on now!” a girl whose role on the play had slipped my mind yelled, “just kiss him, Emily!”
I looked at Jason and pulled a disgusted face, showing everyone how much I loathed him. “What's going on?” asked the teacher. “Did you two have a fight? You were getting along with each other!”
Jason smirked. “No. I don't know what her problem is.”
I walked up to him and punched him on the face. “It's about time you met my fist. And do you want to know what my problem is?” I turned around and looked at the other students. “Well, I'm going to tell you. My problem is that he,” I pointed a finger at Jason, “he is a liar, and one of the worst persons I have ever met! Do you know what? I wonder what the majority of you find in that careless and really unreliable idiot! The majority of you worship him, and he is not even worthy of his popularity! Well done,” I frowned. “You worship an idiot. And I am proud to say that I am not one of those girls who want to kiss him or be with him!”
Everyone, including the teacher, was staring at me, and Jason didn't know what to say. He and I went on yelling, cursing at each other and quarreling. The whole class was still staring at us. Oh, come on now! Don't you have something better to do than watching us screaming at each other?
“Instead of yelling at you, I could just do that,” he smirked, leaned in and kissed me before I could react. I immediately pushed him away and punched him again. “That's what you get for being stupid. Good luck with covering the bruises that are forming on your face.” With that, I announced that I don't want the role of Juliet anymore and walked out.
My behaviour earned me a detention. Ha. As if I lied and said things that I made up. I mean, I told them all the truth. I had nothing to hide. What surprised me was that Neil had earned himself a detention as well. How that happened, I don't know. I guess I'll have to find out.
“Hey,” I smiled and sat down next to him. “What brings you here?”
He turned around to look at me. He was probably sick. I could easily tell that he was off colour, and his black messy hair and split lip made it obvious that someone had picked up a fight with him. The possibility of him picking up a fight is impossible. “I don't even want to think about that,” he sighed. “Well, it happened during my Writing class. Someone read what I was writing, and started making fun of me. That popular guy who loathes me threw a tennis ball at my head, and the teacher accused me of throwing tennis balls at my classmates because it landed in front of my desk. So, that's why I am here. What about you?” he asked me.
Did I mention the fact that Jason was sitting a few feet away from me? The teacher gave him a detention as well. “The idiot over there caused me trouble.” I pointed an accusing finger at Jason, who glared at Neil, who glared back at him, then smirked at me.
“What the hell is your problem?” Jason screamed at him. “Who told you that you can look at me like that? I don't like it when people glare at me!”
Neil went on shooting him death glares, just to annoy him. It was then that I took a better look at him. I knew that something was wrong with him. Something was bothering him. I never said that he seemed to be happy, but he looked even more depressed now, and I didn't like it. His breathtaking gray eyes weren't bright anymore, and he rarely smiled. When he did, his smile was a fake one.
I sighed. I wish I knew what was going on in order to help him.
I was brought back to the real world by his screams. He was yelling at Jason, who was yelling back at him. “I hate that! How can you actually think that you're superior to Emily or me when you're such an idiot?!”
I laughed when I heard that. Wow. I never believed that Neil would stand up for himself and tell off Jason.
“Of course I do!” Jason protested. “Just look at you! You're really weird! At least I am not a freak like you and your friend!”
“It seems that 'weird' is the only word with which you characterize people who're not the same as you and your stupid popular friends! Do you know what? We are freaks, and we are weird. But we like being weird! At least we're not being someone we could never be, like you!” Neil retorted.
“They can do whatever they want to, I don't give a damn.” was what he always tells me when people bully him or make fun of him. It really annoyed me how he wouldn't react when they did so.
I looked at him and smiled. At last, he tells off all those people.
Jason was about to punch him. At the same time, the headmaster walked into the room. “Don't,” he warned Jason, “if you do, your detention will last longer.”
Jason didn't listen to the headmaster. He punched Neil, who collapsed on the floor, then sat down and smirked.
“Your detention will last much longer. That's what you get, as a song says.” With that, he walked out of the class and closed the door behind him.
I giggled. I didn't know that the headmaster was a Paramore fan. Jason glared at me, but I ignored him and helped Neil stand up. “How many times do you have to let them beat you before you stand up for yourself?” I sighed as I pressed a tissue to his bleeding nose.
How many times, huh?