Unexpected Love

Where We Belong

Eden woke up with the sunlight hitting her bare back. She felt something pressed up against her. It took her a moment to realize she was in bed with Colin. He had his arms protectively around her. She tried to turn towards him but he tightened his grasp on her afraid she was trying to leave. Since Colin wouldn’t let her move. She admired her ring for the hundredth time since Colin put it on her.
“If you don’t stop staring at that I’m going to take it off.” Colin said in her ear making her jump.
“I thought you were asleep.”
“I was but I remembered I had a beautiful woman in my bed and I couldn’t wait to look into her eyes.”
“You’re so cheesy.” Eden laughed.
“But you love it.”
“No. I love you.” Eden said turning to face Colin.
“I love you too.” He said smiling.
Eden nuzzled into Colin and the two lay tangled together well into the late morning.
“You know I have to go back to Hawaii right?”
“Yea I know. But you’re coming back?”
“Do you honestly think I wouldn’t after the past few days?”
Colin didn’t answer her he just looked away. Eden grabbed his face to make him look at her.
“I’m coming back. I promise. I was going to come back regardless of what happened between us. There’s nothing there for me besides my dad and Catherine. What I want and need is right here in front of me.” She said kissing him.
“I could always go with you.”
“You have football. You have to get ready for the championship game.”
“Damn. I forgot about that.”
“On second thought I think it may be best I stay in Hawaii. I seem to be affecting your game.”
Colin gave her a ‘be serious’ look.
“No you need to come back. I need my good luck charm.” He said.
“Colin, I’m coming back. I want to be here with you. Get it through that thick noggin of yours that you’re stuck with me. Now we need to get up. I have some phone calls to make and a flight to book. The sooner I leave and get things straightened out the sooner I can come home to you.” She said giving him a quick kiss.
“Did you work in Hawaii?” he asked curiously.
“No. I took it as a time to find myself and what I wanted to do. I’m thinking of opening up my own vet practice here. Evan says he doesn’t want to work at the zoo without me anymore so he said he’d come work for me if I opened up my own place. This reminds me that I need to find an apartment.” Eden said moving about the room finding clothes to wear.
“Um why?” Colin said tossing her one of his shirts.
“Thanks. And because I need somewhere to live.”
“You don’t need to find an apartment.” He said tossing her a pair of basketball shorts.
“And why is that? These things are huge on me!” she laughed as the shorts fell off of her.
“Because you’re going to live here with me. It’s not my fault you’re smaller than me.”
Eden stuck her tongue out at him.
“I don’t think you’re roommate will like me living here.”
“It’s my house. I can have whoever I want live here. And I want you here waking up to me every day. And going to sleep with me every night.”
“You’re not going to let me get my own place are you?”
“Nope. I want you all to myself.” He said leaning in to kiss her.
“I’m not kissing you. If I kiss you it leads to other things and I will never get anything done that I need to.” She said turning her head from him.
“Just one?” he said sticking out his bottom lip.
“No. quit with the puppy eyes and the lip thing. It’s not going to work.”
“You know I’m bigger than you. I can just pick you up and hold you down and kiss you all I want.” He said coming closer to her.
“You better not Colin.” she said in a warning tone.
He kept walking slowly towards her with a seductive look until she was cornered.
“Now I see two options here babe. One is that you let me kiss you until my heart’s content and then you can go do what you want or the other is that I pick you up and carry you to the bed, hold you down and kiss you until my heart’s content. Which is it going to be?”
“Neither.” She said matter of factly.
“Is that so?”
Next thing even knew she was flipped over Colin’s shoulder and then she felt the bed beneath her. Colin was on top of her pinning her hands about her head. She was laughing hysterically. She loved Colin’s playful side.
“Option 2 it is.” He said leaning down and capturing her lips with his.
At first she didn’t kiss him back. Then Colin licked her bottom lip and she granted him access. He broke apart for a few short moments to remove their shirts and he attacked her lips again. He moved between her legs and started to kiss her neck.
“Want me to stop?” he asked.
“No.”
He took that as the ok to remove their pants. He moved back between her legs and re-attached himself to her lips. She wrapped her legs around his waist pulling him even closer to her.
“Colin please. I need you.” she moaned.
She didn’t have to tell him twice. Soon they were making love. Afterwards even fell asleep listening to Colin’s heartbeat. He lay there running his fingers through her wavy hair. He was never going to get enough of her. He got his phone and texted his tattoo guy about setting up an appointment for Eden. He grabbed Eden’s phone to get a number and then texted:
Hi this is Colin. I need to talk to you about Eden.