Unexpected Love

Surprises

“Eden, I love you. I loved you since we were kids, though back then I loved you more like a sister. My feelings soon changed for you when I realized you weren’t like the other girls I dated. You genuinely cared for me and wanted me to be happy. I hated when we stopped being friends. I was so happy when I found you again after all those years. I thought I finally got my shot to be what you wanted me to be all that time ago. But you kept blowing me off. But I wasn’t going to stop until I finally had you. When I did finally get you I felt like I was untouchable. I had the greatest thing in the world and I let you fall right through my hands. I’m not going to let that happen this time. So I got you this.”
Colin opened his hand to reveal two hearts intertwined on a silver band. On the inside of the band it said “My Heart is Yours.”
Eden stood open mouth and shocked with tears in her eyes. She wasn’t even breathing.
“You can breathe Eden; it’s not an engagement ring… Yet.” Colin said smiling.
“It’s a promise ring. I’m promising you right now that I will keep all the promises to you I made before. If the time ever comes you decide to leave, I will follow you around the world to get you. I will fight for you and protect you. I won’t keep things from you. I will love you forever. So will you accept this ring and finally be my girlfriend again?”
There wasn’t a dry eye in the room as it was silent waiting for Eden’s answer.
“Are you serious?” Eden asked through tears.
“I’ve never been more serious about anything… Maybe besides football.”
“And you swear you’ll keep all you’re promises this time?”
“Yes. Will you please accept that I’m not going anywhere?”
“Yes.”
“Yes to what?”
“Both.” Eden said smiling.
Colin slipped the ring on her finger. He’d never been happier. He couldn’t wait until the day he actually proposed to Eden. It would be even bigger than this. He figured they were pre-engaged.
“I think you’re forgetting something Colin.” Jeremy yelled.
“Oh right.” Colin said smirking.
He pulled Eden close and gave her the longest most passionate kiss, only stopping when everyone began to whistle and cheer because Eden was getting embarrassed.
“We can finish this some other time.” Eden whispered.
“I love you.” Colin said.
“I love you too. I never stopped.” Eden said pulling him in for another kiss. This time she didn’t care that anyone was watching. She finally got her man.
“Does this mean you’re coming home with me tonight?” Colin said moving his eyebrows suggestively.
“Eh, you can always call up your stripper friend and she can come over to entertain you.” Eden said laughing.
“Tanya told you about her didn’t she?” he said hitting his head with his hand.
“Oh yea. I guess tattoos are a big turn on for you huh?” she said making him blush.
“I guess I might have to get one if you like them so much.”
Colin perked up.
“I’ll take you to my guy if you’re serious.” He said excitedly.
“I actually am. I’ve always wanted one and I know just what I want.”
“What do you want to get?” Colin asked.
“It’s going to be a surprise.” She said knowing his curiosity would get the best of him.
“Where are you going to put it?” he asked.
“I can’t tell you. It will give it away.”
“Please Eden?” Colin begged.
“Nope. I want it to be a surprise. You got to surprise me tonight. I want to surprise you now. It’s only fair.”
“Fine! But I’m getting us in as soon as possible.”
“Remember Colin, patience is a virtue.” She said walking away.
“Where are you going?”
“I’m going to go find Tanya and we are going to find me a male stripper with lots of tattoos and a smoking hot body.” She said winking.
“You don’t need a stripper! You have me!” he yelled to the back of her.
People were starting to stare at Colin. Eden just waved Colin off walking out of the reception with Tanya following behind.
The two girls were waiting in the parking lot to see how long it would take Colin and Jeremy to run after them. Not even two minutes after they got out the door the boys were right behind them.
“And where do you think you’re going ladies?” Jeremy asked out of breath.
“We’re going to take the honeymoon car and go have some fun with Tarzan and what’s the other ones name Eden?” Tanya said playfully.
“I think it was big dick Richie if I’m not mistaken.” Eden said.
The girls had watched “Magic Mike” the night before so the boys wouldn’t even know what they’re talking about.
“Over my dead body!” Jeremy yelled.
“Really Eden? You want a guy with that name when you can have this anytime you want and you don’t even have to pay for it?” Colin asked motioning towards himself.
The girls started laughing unable to keep up with the joke.
“Oh my God! You’re faces were priceless! You thought we were serious!” Eden said in between laughs.
“Now have you boys learned your lesson about going to a strip club?” Tanya asked.
Jeremy and Colin looked at each other and walked away. The girls gave each other a look. They were only kidding. They didn’t want to make them mad.
Tanya went to look for Jeremy as Eden went to look for Colin. Eden felt someone grab her and pull her into a room. Before she knew it Colin had her pinned against the wall and his lips attacked hers. Eden was surprised but she loved this dominant, feisty side of Colin. After a few minutes they both pulled apart gasping for air.
“Don’t ever joke about something like that again.” Colin said breathlessly.
“Got you going huh?”
“Just the thought of some other guy all over you makes me want to kick their ass.” Colin said aggressively.
“I only have eyes for you baby.” Eden said assuring him.
“Let’s go home now!” Colin said. He wanted her and he needed her now. She felt the same.