Unexpected Love

Tattoos

Colin wasn’t able to make it back in time before Eden left. He was disappointed and he could tell she was too but he promised to make it up to her. he hid the ring in his closet in all his athletic gear. After that he wasn’t sure what to do with himself. He didn’t have practice until tomorrow and he was bored. He felt like something was missing besides Eden. He finally figured it out when he yelled for Brutus and he didn’t show up.
Where’s Brutus? Colin texted Eden.
He’s been at my mom’s house.
Oh ok.
You doing ok?
I’m bored. Come home!
I will be home in a few days J
Will you back in time for the championship game?
I should be. But I don’t think I’ll go.
Why?!?!?
I don’t want to be a distraction and I don’t think you want us to go public yet.
Colin was mad. He wanted her there. At this point he didn’t care who knew they were together he just wanted her there at an actual game to see him play.
Are you mad? Eden texted back.
Yes.
I’m sorry. I think its best that I stay home and watch.
What if I want you there?
You don’t fight fair.
You don’t either.
I don’t want to fight Colin.
I don’t either.
Then please drop it. We can talk about it when I get back.
Fine
I’m going to give you time to cool off. I have a feeling if we keep talking we’ll end up fighting.
K
Eden threw her phone in frustration. He was just so damn stubborn at times. She would text him back later after he’d had time to cool off. Usually he went to the gym to blow off steam. She finished packing her last box. She didn’t have as much as she thought. The rest of her things were back home in storage from when she left. She and her dad took them to the post office to be shipped to her mom’s house. She wanted to go through everything first and decide what she wanted to take with her when she moved into Colin’s.
A few hours later Colin was back home from the gym. He went and picked up Brutus and brought him to his house. It didn’t feel right not having him there. Especially now that he and Eden were together. They were like a small family.
“What do you say Brut, should I text mom and tell her why I want her there?”
Brutus rested his head on Colin’s lap and looked at him and nudged Colin’s hand towards the phone.
“You’re too smart.” Colin said petting the dog.
Hi baby. I’m sorry about earlier. I just really want you there. It sucked when you were gone cause’ you got to see me play on TV and I wanted you there to see me play in person. I always had to imagine you were there cheering me on and now that you’re finally with me I don’t have to anymore. I understand where you’re coming from but can you see my point of view too?
Colin sent and hoped that she would understand. A few minutes later he got a reply.
I’m sorry too. I just worry too much. I don’t want to screw up your career or get in the way. But if you really want me there I will go. Btw how’s Brutus. My mom told me you came and got him.
You’re not in the way. DON’T WORRY! I need you there. He’s fine. He’s taken over your side of the bed J
He better not! Only I get to sleep there!
I think I like him better he’s more fluffy.
It’s so fluffy I’m gonna die!
LOL. When are you going to be home?
Maybe tomorrow night if I’m lucky.
I’ll get a private jet and come get you tonight.
You just want to join the mile high club J
With you ;)
UR A DORK!
But you love me
Yea I kinda do
I love you more
Look on your abs I think it definitely proves I love you more J
You suck!
LOL I got to go I need to try and book an earlier flight. I will hopefully see you tomorrow.
Ok L Brutus says he loves you
LOL I love him and I love you.
Love you too babe. Oh you kinda might want to be home tomorrow.
Why?
We’re supposed to get your tattoo done.
Gah! You’re just now telling me this! Why didn’t you tell me before I left?
I forgot?
I’ll talk to you later
Eden was lucky to get a flight that left in a few hours. She made it just in time. She told Colin she would be able to make it home earlier than expected which he was more than thrilled about. He was happy he didn’t have to sleep a night without her. Just in that short amount time that she was gone he felt like it had been forever since he saw her. As soon as he saw her get off the plane he ran to her and scooped her up and spun her around. When he sat her down he noticed she looked really tired. Her hair was in a messy bun and she had on sweats and a hoodie. He thought she couldn’t get more beautiful than she did right there.
“I missed you so much babe.” He said kissing her
“I missed you too.”
“You ok?”
“I’m just really tired. You should be in bed. You have practice tomorrow. My mom said she would have come picked me up. She worked the late shift at the hospital anyway.”
“I know but I wanted to come get you. And I couldn’t sleep without you. Brutus is too big and too furry to sleep with.”
He noticed she was yawning and trying not to fall asleep as they were walking through the airport.
“You want me to carry you?”
“Get real Colin.” she said sleepily.
“I’m serious. You’re tired baby. As soon as you get in the car you’re sleeping ok.”
“m’Kay.”
He wrapped an arm around her for support. As soon as they got to the car she was out. When they got home he carried her into the house and up to their room. He would get her bags later. Right now he just wanted to crawl in bed next to her and sleep. Before he knew his alarm was going off signaling he needed to get up for practice. He only got about 2 hours of sleep but when he looked at the sleeping form next to him it was worth it.
He woke Eden up just long enough to tell her bye and not to forget about their appointment they had to get her tattoo.
He left the house and got to the practice facility. He was the first one there. Though he was tired he worked hard like he always did. By the time practice was over it was 4 PM. He had to get home and get Eden. He was so excited to see what kind of tattoo she was going to get. When he got to the house Eden was ready to go. He noticed she didn’t have her ring on.
“Hey babe, where’s your ring?”
“Oh I must have forgotten to put it on. Sorry.”
“Did you lose it?”
“No. it’s at home in its box. I just woke up late today and was rushing and forgot to grab it.”
“You’re hiding something from me.”
“No I’m not.”
“Yes you are. You’re not looking at me. If you lost it we’ll find it. I won’t be mad.”
“I didn’t lose it.”
“Ok then why’s the real reason you’re not wearing it?”
“I don’t want to talk about it.”
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing. We’ll talk about it later.”
He knew at this point to just drop it. She would talk to him when she was ready. He didn’t like to see her upset. He wanted to make it better but he didn’t know how since she wouldn’t talk to him.
“I’m excited to see what you’re gonna get. Are you nervous?” He said trying to change the subject.
“No.”
He decided maybe silence was better. Instead he grabbed her hand and held it. She looked like she wanted to cry. He needed to know what was wrong with her. He was starting to worry she regretted coming back and being with him.
“I love you.” he said.
“Love you.” she said quietly.
Well at least she still loves me he thought. But she wasn’t arguing with him like she normally would about who loved who more.
“The guys were giving me a hard time about my tattoo today. They wanted to know if I was going to get it permanently tattooed.”
She didn’t say anything. Finally the silence was too much to handle.
“Baby please talk to me. I don’t like seeing you upset. Did I do something?”
“No.”
“Then what?”
“We’re here.” she said and got out as soon as the car was parked.
She wanted to tell him what was wrong but she was afraid of what would happen if she did.
He got out and slammed his door in frustration. One way or another she would tell him what’s wrong. He made it inside the tattoo shop and Eden was already getting started. She was sitting in the chair looking like she was about to cry. Colin thought it was because she was scared of getting a tattoo but when he went over to watch she handed him her phone to hold purposely leaving up her twitter page so he could see it. She told him to leave and that she would show him when it was completely done.
While he was waiting he looked at her phone and noticed her twitter page was up. Curiosity once again got the best of him and he scrolled through her page. Now he knew why she was so upset. She was getting so much hate for her being with him. They hadn’t even told anyone they were together besides the necessary people and their families. Girls didn’t want her with him because they said she wasn’t pretty enough, girly enough, he deserved better. As he kept reading he got more and more upset. How could people say that about his Eden? In his eyes she was perfect for him. He put Eden’s phone away and got out his own and logged into twitter. He’d had enough.
@Kaepernick7: everyone plz stop all the hate @emcgarrett7 she is a wonderful girl who makes me happy. If you dnt like it then don’t be a fan but leave her alone
Colin hit tweet. He was so tired of all the hate on Eden. The sooner people realized she wasn’t going anywhere the better off haters would be. After about an hour Eden was done. He went to check out her new tattoo.
She took the bandage of her wrist. There it was a heart tattoo with leaves around it and a 7 highlighted in red around it. Above the heart it said “my heart is yours”.
“What do you think?” she asked.
“I love it.” he said smiling at her. He came over and wrapped his arms around her.
“Just like I love you.” he whispered.
“Did you see twitter?” she asked as her eyes filled with tears.
“I did. I took care of it. I wish you would have told me sooner. I can’t fix it if you don’t tell me.” he said cupping her face. Wiping away tears that threatened to spill.
“You can’t fix everything. I’m going to have to learn to deal with it.”
“This time you didn’t have to. I got your back babe.” Colin said giving her a kiss.
He would always have her back.